“Good hotel in the middle of nowhere”

Red Fox Hotel, Delhi Airport
Ranked #20 of 727 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 6 May 2014

15 mins drive from the Airport, this is the place you would prefer only when you have a long layover otherwise you can forget this place. It is situated far away from the city with no communication either with the city or with the airport excepting hired cars and taxis charging exorbitant fares. Even if you have to go out for dinner, you need to rely on the hotel staff to arrange a cab for you or have their means of transport.
The rooms are OK with good lighting and a decent bathroom. The beds are also cosy and comfortable but the ac is not up to the mark in the hot weather of Delhi and they have provided ceiling fans for this.
Security measures are extremely stringent with personal frisking and baggage scans. The hotel receptionists are not very professional in their attitude.
I had dinner in their hotel and they take ages to serve the menu especially if you order Nuns/Breads. Buffet Breakfast is a nice spread.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Nikhil_A_Sharma, General Manager at Red Fox Hotel, Delhi Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit to Red Fox Hotel – Delhi Airport. May I apologize for not meeting some of your expectations during your stay.

•Front desk and Restaurant staff: we are sorry our Team did not promptly respond to you. We have re-briefed our staff to follow all predefined processes to ensure the guest requests are attended to in a prompt and timely manner. We assure you of a better experience when you visit us next.

Please give us an opportunity to make amends. Should you accede to my request, please email me at gm.dl@lemontreehotels.com and I will be happy to handle the arrangements personally.

Best regards,

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I am a person who travel a lot on business trips and I always prefer hotels near to Airport. The experience in this hotel was pleasent and satisfying.

The hotel staf was co-operative and well mannered. A good hotel for business trips.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely feedback regarding your visit to Red Fox Hotel – Delhi Airport. I am delighted to hear that you had a memorable stay.

My team and I deem it a privilege to have served you and we are happy to read such a delightful review from you.

Your compliments on our hospitality has also been shared with the entire team for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration. The team is committed to quality service and it is recognition such as yours which inspires us to deliver our best.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Well maintained, clean and comfortable acco near airport.

It is a no frills hotel, so you will be charged for anything you take extra, Rooms are very compact.

Service is nice, staff is decent.

Overall good property.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Nikhil_A_Sharma, General Manager at Red Fox Hotel, Delhi Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Conveniently located near Delhi airport, this hotel is staffed with friendly, attentive staff. The hotel is modern, clean and inviting. Rooms are well proportioned with fridge, tea and coffee-making facilities. The on-site Clever Fox cafe offers wonderful cuisine served by friendly staff. Special mention must be made of Mithilesh, who took very good care of us. Would definitely use this hotel again and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Pool-facing rooms are quieter
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff...clean..and a stone throw away from the airport...a good lounge bar to sit back and relax . The breakfast is also good and and also the rooms are clean. A good hotel for business trips !

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Pros : Totally worth the money. The hotel is new so the furniture and fixtures were fairly new and of good quality. The hotel is hardly 5-10 minutes from the airport. All the amenities they mention in their ad for hotels.com were there (I didn't look for the self serve laundry so can't confirm that). It was a secure, busy hotels and the other guests seemed to be decent, quiet people. The wifi is complimentary for an hour which you can split in blocks on 2 half hour sessions. The wifi speed is good. They waived off my extended wifi fee when I was checking out.
Cons : Nothing serious or worth mentioning .Their staff wasn't in sync with each other about hotel policies. The hotel has early check in (starting at 8 am) which one of the ladies on the phone said wasn't an option with the hotel and the next one said that she couldn’t confirm if I would get it and I should show up at the hotel and try my luck. Luckily, when I called the hotel directly they were able to confirm its availability. The staff at the hotel was earnest but requires training. There were no toiletries except a soap and a comb (the shampoo and hand wash are fixed on the wall) but were promptly provided when requested. However, I appreciate the fact that they didn't overload the bathroom with excess toiletries.
Tip to the hotel : Please allow access to the adjoining Lemon Tree Hotel’s pool, it will definitely be of advantage to Red Fox.

Room Tip: The hotel was very comfortable but if you are allergic to scented oils then please take care as all...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Nikhil_A_Sharma, General Manager at Red Fox Hotel, Delhi Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit to Red Fox Hotel, Delhi Airport, New Delhi. We are happy to know you found our hotel comfortable and value for money.

We have noted your experience at the Front Desk and apologize for the inconvenience caused to you due to the divergent communication within our team. While we have re-trained our staff to handle all guest queries more accurately and provide clear information I would like to place before you that when you check in early, we hold the room from the previous night for you and do not give it out to another guest. This is why we were not able to immediately honor your request. Being a new hotel and having commenced our operations just recently, your perceptive inputs will only help us improve from here. We assure you of a better experience when you visit us next.

We would also like to inform you that at Red Fox Hotels we offer the amenities that a guest would typically require. As a economy chain, our philosophy is to deliver highly affordable prices and we choose amenities and services that are required by most guests. For additional amenities, there are well-stocked dispensing machines conveniently located in the lobby with a range of products at MRP prices.

We look forward to your future visits. When you decide to visit us next, please email me at gm.dl@lemontreehotels.com and I will be happy to handle the arrangements personally.

Best regards,
Nikhil Sasidharan
Red Fox Hotel, Delhi Airport

15 cities. 25 hotels. 2800 rooms. Refreshing India.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

This was our fourth stop in India doing the Golden Triangle and being honest it was the best overall accommodation of our trip. We stayed here four nights (booked two but stayed two extra). The room was clean and the cleaners were spot on! The restaurant was good. The buffet breakfast had a great range of food and it was great to have a bit of fruit/salad knowing it was safe to eat! We ate tea here all nights we stayed and I cant complain. It was actually nice to get efficient service and not be waiting over half an hour to get a drink unlike everywhere we seemed to have been so far on out trip. The overall service was excellent and the staff actually seemed genuine, friendly and helpful without doing everything for a tip! The restaurant staff in particular were excellent!! Considering we'd been in India over a week it was nice to actually be given your change back to decide on a tip rather than the them just keeping the change! The internet access was a small private room with two computers which was free and they had a small room where you could iron your clothes if needed. The reception staff albeit didn't speak a great deal of English but where very accommodating and very helpful. Unfortunately there was no tour desk but we hired a taxi for 4 hour to explore Jaipur and arranged a taxi to take us to back to Dehli through the reception. The hotel itself is on a main road but there are tuk tuks which stop outside. The room had a TV and worked!!

Room Tip: Seems lift access only?
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family