Hotel City Star
Hotel Le-Cosmos(New Delhi)
Hotel Avtar(New Delhi)
  • Room Service
Very Good 4/5
Hotel The Pearl(New Delhi)
  • Breakfast included
Mayur Hotel(New Delhi)
  • Room Service
Good 3.5/5
1,471 results
All reviewsrooftop restaurantgupta roadtuk tuktrain stationbusy roadairport pickupdoor manwelcome drinktravel deskconnaught placethe security guardbusy areapaharganj areaindian foodan oasisindia tripmain bazaar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 April 2013

Hotel location appears to be not so good - I was asked why I booked this hotel in this area (by local guide)?! Haha. As it is, when our driver went around looking for this hotel at night, we found ourselves searching in an area where it looks a little dodgy, with small dinghy hotels/eateries all around us. Thank goodness, we felt a great sense of relief when we reach this hotel - at least their lobby decoration looks luxurious, compared to many in the area! Also, it is just at the main road.

Good service by the staff at the reception. Staff served us welcome drinks when we checked-in.

Room and bathroom are good too, in terms of decoration - attempted "luxury hotel feel" in their rooms, so it scores high on deco and comfort levels. Air-conditioner is great, blasting away, nice and cold (can adjust). Hotel also can prepare simple toast bread breakfast for you (bring to your room) if you have to leave early next morning - just inform the reception.

Can't really find any negative points about this hotel with my brief stay of 1 night, other than the bed could be better, not as thick/comfy as it looks like.

Overall, for this price, it is very worth it! Considerably cheap compared to many others. Would not mind staying here again next time.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank PandalovesBear
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Stayed here for one night while on a business trip to Delhi. Tried this hotel reading previous reviews on trip advisor n I must say that this property truly deserve all it's great reviews . Very nice hotel with all five star facilities , running hot water , decent breakfast , trained staff , central location, centrally air-conditioned , clean n modern rooms . You get everything by spending less. Truly best in this category.

Room Tip: Had taken executive room
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank vs_1498
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I enjoyed the two nights we stayed here. Big room with a nice view of the street, nice rooftop restaurant, attentive and helpful staff and decent wifi in the room. It felt like a North American boutique place. I'd stay there again. Centrally located.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Monquito
Reviewed 15 April 2013

What could have been a complete disaster ended up been an enjoyable & pleasent stay.
On been collected from the airport by the hotel taxi we were taken to a diffenent hotel. Once I instisted to be taken to Hotel City Star. My wish was there command. Given a complementry drink on arrival and and a dinner for the mix up. The hotel management & staff could not have done more for us to enjoy our stay a the city star.
The Hotel was clean, the rooms and bed mondern and comfortable, bathroom lovely.
The roof top restaurant served nice food and soft drinks & did not mind us adding a little spirt to the diet coke in a discrete respectful way.
All in all this hotels webb page was true to discription, only thing was there was nothing in the mini bar? I know a lot of hotels now do not stock the bar but give you access to cool your own drinks. This was fine with us.
I stayed with my 7 year old son & mother - hotel was fine for all of us. I would say it would suit anyone.

Room Tip: I stayed in a delux room & was showed the standard. Delux was better for us a little bit larger been 3 in a room. If I was travelling a lone or couple a standard would be fine.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Sharron250
Reviewed 14 April 2013

We arrived at midnight and took a room on the ground floor. Big mistake. We were woken by the noise from reception which started early, and so did the deliveries. Nothing short of shouting from around 6am onward. In the daylight the room had dirty walls, damp coming through, and a frosted glass window with bars like a jail. One of the most depressing rooms I've seen. after breakfast we were given a room higher up and a late check out. Sadly it was too late for us but I felt disappointed we had been duped. This lower sub standard room should not be given to anyone. None of the issues were apparent at midnight and we were tired. The building is ok but has the usual Indian-ness. The phone outlet in the bathroom was in the shower cubicle. I wish I'd taken a photo for you.

The rooftop breakfast area is nice, and the breakfast average. The location is great for NDLS station which was our reason for choosing it.

I'd give them another go, but only if I could have a high rear facing room.

Room Tip: High floor, rear facing.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple