“Delhi Way is the Best!”

The Delhi Way Day Tours
Ranked #2 of 182 Shopping in New Delhi
More attraction details
Owner description: At The Delhi Way we offer tours within the city of Delhi for individuals & small groups; our tours are a combination of sightseeing, shopping, food & great conversation. These trips can be anywhere from 2 hours to 2 days. And since we personally accompany the traveller, we ensure that they enjoy their local experiences in the city without worrying about getting lost or any other anxieties they may have. We also offer ‘interest’ based experiences like pottery making, madhubani painting, yoga, shopping for an Indian outfit, cooking classes & many more. Outside Delhi excursion includes a day trip to Agra that goes beyond the typical Mughal history. So, if you're in Delhi on vacation or work, and want to experience the city the local way get in touch with us.
Maroochydore, Australia
“Delhi Way is the Best!”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Divya and Prianka were just the best guides we had in the whole of India. We had been travelling a month when we met them and just wanted to take them with us on the rest of our tour. They make everything interesting and personal. Historical facts are passed along with
great enthusiasm and the traditions pointed out with finess and great respect. The wedding and spice markets were wonderful we wanted to buy it all!!! Jain temple was amazing and of course the food and the people were just the icing on the cake. We would recommend this company to anyone ever visiting Delhi. !!!!!

Visited February 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Northbrook, Illinois
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“A great day”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Our day of touring with Divya and Prianka was fantastic. We only had one day in Delhi and they created an itinerary that mixed history and culture with fun, food and shopping. We visited Chandni Chowk in Old Delhi and walked through the wedding and spice markets. Senses overloaded, we visited a quiet side street in a Jain neighborhood and toured the temple, where the caretakers anointed our foreheads with sandalwood oil and gave us a tour. Our tuk-tuk ride through the narrow streets was thrilling. On D&P's good advice, we stopped for lunch at a local restaurant - everything was delicious and fresh. The afternoon was spent visiting a mosque and a Sikh temple, plus some off-beat stops at a local laundry and step well. We ended the day chatting over coffee and squeezing in some light shopping. Through it all, D&P were so friendly, accommodating, and fun to be with - we thoroughly enjoyed our day and I highly recommend their services.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank NorthbrookMom
香港
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“See Delhi in the Delhi way!”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

If you are tired of seeing just the tourist attraction, hearing long and boring history lesson... The Delhi way is your choice.
You will have enough historical information to know the city and the traditions.

Prianka and Divya will try to plan according to your request. While they will still suggest something that you may have not been thought of. It's all up to you to decide what do you want to get the taste of Delhi.

Their hospitality is superb. Based on our special interest in Bollywood music, they did invite their friend, who is an up and coming Bollywood star, to teach us how to do the Bollywood moves!

If you have to see Delhi from local's perspective? Go with the Delhi Way!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank ssh1029
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Interesting”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

The first moment I saw the Delhi Way website, by random browsing, I knew I had to choose them. Not only because that super attractive home page/lay out but also the local authentic programs which different from other tours. So I email them and they made a one day special tour for my special needs (traditional shopping plus sightseeing). Prianka n Divya picked me and my husband at our hotel. We were happy to entered local sites such as the Sikh Temple and I saw Divya did the pray and asked me to que just like other pilgrims to get the special food. Even we got to enter the kitchen where we can see many volunteer chefs prepared the food for 1000 people and experienced to help them. At the end of our tour, they took us to the local biggest crowded fabric market where I can buy Saris and stuff. The thing was I wasn't feeling too well that day and when we got to the market my allergies (from dust, fabric redbugs etc) worsen! Unstoppable coughing and watery eyes within minutes. Thanks God I brought my own mask to cover my nose so I can finally breathing again. Which made an idea for me, that maybe Prianka n Divya can write some informations about travellers with allergies, dos & donts in India. So that they can also stock the car not only with bottles of water but also masks hehehe.. Overall, happy!

Visited March 2014
Hong Kong, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“the BEST local guide ever”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Prianka & Divya are sincere and passionate about their country. They will not only show you all the touristy places but also many interesting places where only local people would visit. Our stay in New Delhi became a memorable one because of these two lovely ladies! The itneiary designed by them just perfectly fulfilled our requests. It's fun to walk around the alley in Old Delhi and Sikhism kitchen and heard the local stories from the local people!

Meanwhile, they are very pampering, providing snack and bottle water all the way. They even invited their friends to teach us how to dance like Bollywood stars! India is truly incredible because there is an incredibly cool guide--the Delhi Way!

Visited March 2014