“Very costly food, try somewhere else”
Review of Shiro

Shiro
Ranked #1,084 of 12,933 Restaurants in New Delhi
Dining options: After-hours, Buffet, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chanakyapuri/Lutyens' Delhi
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

The restaurant feels sooo big but the color and ambience feels so sad. Perhaps it's too aged! The restaurant smells like rotten bamboo. And I saw the ceiling , that may be it. The friendliness of the staff compensated for it but maybe because I was the only one eating at 2pm? What if there are many customers , waiting time would be tripled I guess. Anyway let's talk about my ordered food. The pork belly is good, went well with steam rice. The lobster in laksa is good too (but it doesn't taste Singapore laksa...too far). For me it's just lobster in curry and coconut basically. Stay away from the young corn tikka . Perhaps the restaurant may want to stop offering it. I don't know what they want to say with that food just nothing in that plate goes well. And finally a dessert to die for like a death by chocolate! I copied it and made my version in a stall at select mall and spent 160 rupees only , their version was almost 500! Well this is a so-called 5 star hotel maybe because it's marble. But nothing is 5 star in it like I just entered into Manila post office in Lawton! My meal cost 4000 plus rupees. And they even forgot my complimentary drink after ordering 2 dishes from the menu card on the table. And surprise! I asked for a mint to remove the after taste, I was given fresh mint leaves. I would have made the best review if they gave me the mint leaves in a shot glass of mojito! If you really want to have good tip on food in India drop me a line. Or I will just cook for you.

5  Thank hor_heManila

Reviewed 17 June 2013

This place is a typical discotheque cum sitting lounge, cum pretentious sitting down dining place with good music, but truth be told come here if you basically are in a mood to dance and drink. The ambience is very nice and worth one visit at least. Avoid food here, the snacks are at best average. The service is very poor though the loud music may be partly responsible for the blame. They shut down by 1am.Try it once, in case you don't like it, there always is Scooter next door which is super loud and happening.

4  Thank tripathianupam
Reviewed 15 June 2013

We went there for our office get together and though we were there for just a short time, it was amazing atmosphere. You can start with wine and dine, as a club it picks up only after 10PM. Amazing place, superb food and then you can shake you bums with a almost perfect DJ. But please be careful with some points before your visit- They look at your profile so make sure you look good else they will not let you get in, couples only allowed else you end up paying 3000 per stag.

4  Thank orlandotraveler2008
Reviewed 10 April 2013

I went here with some friends for my bachelorette party and had an awesome time. The restaurant serves excellent food and drinks and turns into a club in the evening. The music was good and the striking decor really adds to the atmosphere. The service was really good too! I recommend it for more of a posh night out.

1  Thank brosan
Reviewed 13 March 2013

I have been to Shiro 3 times already, and every time I have been there, I was delighted...
Staff is super friendly and attentive (quite a rare thing in India), the decoration is breathtaking and food is delicious.
I even spent Christmas Eve there with a group of friends, and all of us loved it.
When making your reservation (which is necessary really), you can ask for a counter table. You will have your own chef cooking for you, live. No matter who the chef is, the show is very amusing.
Prices are quite high, but the overall package that you get in exchange worths every penny.
Definitely my favourite restaurant in Delhi!

1  Thank DanielaDiazFigueroa