“Very Nice Hotel”
Review of Olive Inn

Olive Inn
Ranked #551 of 1,146 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 August 2014

It was my fourth Stay in Hotel Olive .Nice Hotel and Very Good Room Service. Rooms and bathrooms are very Clean .Hotel Staff is also good and nice behaviour .
Over all vry nice hotel i always stay here and also recomand.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
2  Thank Ashu_53
Amit M, General Manager at Olive Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Accept my sincere thank for tendering us an opportunity to serve you, being our valued Guest and sharing your sincere feedback. Your feedback means a lot for us. Once again I would like to thank you and assuring you for our best services in every possible way.

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

The rooms were good and spacious. They didnt have3 bedded family room but offered me super deluxe room and affordable rate.

The location is good. The hotel signage was not having light and it was a problem toblocate the hotel after coming from ajmal kgan market. I mentioned to th ed hotel staff and immediately it was switched on.

The a/c was very good the room service was perfect and it was a enjoyable experience.

I recommend this travel to other travellers.

The negative aspect is the face of the hotel the reception staff the room service staff and suprisingly the development manager didnt know english. Its a very sad thing a person holding such a big position as development manager does not know fluent english. I pointed out this to the general manager whom I met on the way out that is check out.
English which is a intl language is a must if you want to deal with mti nationalities.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Damianpe

Accept my sincere thank for tendering us an opportunity to serve you, being our valued Guest and sharing your sincere feedback. Your feedback means a lot for us. Regarding the signage we make sure that it remains on till 12 at night after that we switch off the main big signage board to conserve Electricity. Regarding the language issue thanks for bringing it to our notice as I think we was neglecting that issue but now we had started taking the classes to make them communicate in the best way with the Guests. Once again I would like to thank you and assuring you for our best services in every possible way.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Well i came to attend a marriage function of my friend and I needed a hotel so I booked this 1 or my 3 day stopover looking at the trip advisor ratings and well it was a bang for a buck.The guy at the reception gave me a map of the metro along with instructions to go. The staff as amazing hospitality and courteousness. In all a good experience and also they gave me extra parathas and juice as an extra topping in breakfast overall excellent experience and that to in affordable price

Room Tip: Well I had a nice time with the std room, but do prefer AC as delhi is hot.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank viraj29
Amit M, General Manager at Olive Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

let me have this as an opportunity to add a Little on your room tip that our all the Hotels are Air conditioned.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

this is my second visit here in the last 3 months, but nothing has changed in fact things have deteriorated. the ac was not working, on the way out in the morning had told the manager about the same and he promised it would be taken care off but no changes still not working. showed me a different room but same position ac not working.had written in my previous review about the water clogging, again the same issue. guess this is the last time that i am staying here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Amit M, General Manager at Olive Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

We would like to thank you for tendering us an opportunity to serve you and sharing your sincere feedback. Your feedback means a lot for us. Your feedback is one side of the coin. Also I would like to bring it to the notice of our Travel Community friends that you had posted the review before check out after posting of review you had stayed with us for another night as you was not aware that your review will be posted in just 8 hours of submission. The reason of posting this review is not the Air-conditioned but the issue was some thing else. WE had offer you an alternate room which you did not prefer to stay just because your first preference goes to a twin bed room. Once again I would like to thank you and assuring you for our best services in every possible way every time you and your recommended friends stay with us.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Stayed in this hotel for 3 days. Area is with bit small roads, but just 10mins walk to Karol bhag metro. Rooms are very clean and well maintained. Reception staff is very polite and are always ready to help.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank kavik07
Amit M, General Manager at Olive Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Accept my sincere thank for tendering us an opportunity to serve you and being our valued Guest sharing your sincere feedback. Your feedback means a lot for us. Once again I would like to thank you and assuring you for our best services in every possible way.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

This is the best hotel at budget price in Delhi. I had stayed in many other hotels just so nearby during my previous trips. Everything was a disaster in one way or another. But, nothing could ever be compared to the stay at this one. The plan was to stay for a day or two, but I had to stay for more than a week here due to a delay in my work. But, still I didn't feel sleazy. It was one great experience from the breakfast in bed to shower in bathroom. Everything was fabulous. And as mentioned in many comments, both the Owner and the Manager were great. I get to see them for myself. This is a perfect one. There's nothing to complain while comparing to the other hotels nearby. There is no doubt that I'll be staying here from my next trips if they maintain the standard.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
3  Thank detroitinferno

Accept my sincere thank for tendering us an opportunity to serve you and being our valued Guest, sharing your sincere feedback. Your feedback means a lot for us. Once again I would like to thank you and assuring you for our best services in every possible way.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

We stayed at the olive inn for 2 nights, but we were a bit disappointed. I booked due to some of the good reviews, but when we stayed there, it was not, what we expected.

First, YES, Mr. Amit, the General Manager of the hotel is very kind and friendly and helpful, but he must realise, that, the positive reviews of his hotel depends more on the hotel staff and about the condition of the rooms.

First, about the hotel staff.
We arrived very early in the morning, and everybody was sleeping on the sofa in the lobby, with the lights out. We were confused, and wondered, if we have arrived at the correct location, as the hotel seemed closed.

when one of the service boys showed us the room, then, we were a bit shocked. the room was so small, that we did not have enough place to put our luggage.

yes, there was a hot water kettle to boil water, but, WITHOUT any tea bags or coffee bags or sugar or powder milk, this is USELESS. After a long trip, I really wanted some tea, but could not, due to the missing items.

another shocking thing was, there were NO curtains or blinds in the bathroom window, so, one could not really take any shower, since the people on the opposite side could see through our bathroom window.

then, the most annoying thing was, there was no hot water.
after a 20 hour trip, all one wants is a hot shower, but, when I turned the water on, ONLY COLD water was coming out of the faucet, even though, I let the water run for 5 minutes.
I found out next day, that, the hot water comes out from the wrong side of the faucet, (where its marked cold), maybe, this is something that should be marked or told, to new comers, who could not imagine, that the hot water is mixed up.

one thing that bothered us very much was, that, the free BREAKFAST that we got in the morning was COLD. tea was COLD, puri aloo was COLD.
what a disappointment.

also, the towels in the room were dirty. it had BROWN marks all over.
WHEN we asked the service boy to change the towel, then, he looked at us, surprised, and said, NOW?
That boy did NOT want to bring us a new towel, but, he waited for us to give him a tip.
he did NOT bring us a new towel, and just left.

the night front desk staff, was NOT very friendly.
He gave us the worst room.

next morning we asked Mr. Amit, if he could change the room, and he kindly changed the room for a bit better one, but, the SAME problems remained in this new room too.

NO curtains on the bathroom window, SO, one could not undress and take a shower, and,
NO tea, NO milk or sugar, so one could make some tea, with the tea kettle.

We wanted to stay for 3 more other times, during our trip, but we decided not to stay at the olive in again, and we booked another hotel.

I have all praise for Mr. Amit, but if he wants a good hotel business, and REPEAT CUSTOMERS, then, he needs to go into his hotel, and check up himself, inside the rooms, and see how the paint comes off from the walls, and how the hot water does not work, and how it is impossible to take a shower, since people opposite can look in, ect. ect.

Mr. Amit also needs to straighen up his staff.
The service boys need to understand, that when the customer needs something, then it has to be done.
also, I think, a PROFESSIONAL TOWEL WASHING service is absolutely essential. I dont think customers will come back if they see brown streaks and brown spots all over the towel.

also, the breakfast needs to be served HOT and not cold.

As much as I would have liked to stay at the olive inn, as much I have been disappointed.
a good business starts with a good and efficient staff and employees, if they mess up things, then, the business also gets messed up, and the owner looses out.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jodhagirl

Dear Guest. I would like to thank you for your sincere and hones feedback. As advised the issues had been rectified. What makes me feel hurt is that we miss the opportunity to serve you during your further visits in Delhi. But your feed back had addressed a number of small of issues which I had rectified now and am more confident to welcome and serve our Guests. I am looking forward to welcome you at the earliest and assuring you that your stay will be a comfortable and memorable with us.