“go gaga over the family dosa !”
Review of Bhaja Govindam

Bhaja Govindam
Ranked #421 of 12,577 Restaurants in New Delhi
Price range: US$5 - US$7
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
New Delhi, India
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“go gaga over the family dosa !”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Old authentic furniture, stylish decor are the words that I can use to describe this restaurant. However if there are small babies in the restaurant while you are eating beware! Because they can totally make your family experience bad if they start crying.

We ordered a family dosa and guess what? It covered four plates. It was that huge!! One meter long. The sambhar had a lot of vegetables which is good and the coconut chutney was good too. They make the tomato chutney really well too.
After a round of shopping in Chandni chowk coming to bhaj govindam was a delight. We were famished and had a hearty meal there.

The place is quite reasonable too.Hope you also have a nice experience.

• Visited November 2013
ShantanuRaizada, Owner at Bhaja Govindam, responded to this review, 21 December 2013
Dear Divya,
Warm greetings from Bhaj Govindam. We appreciate your feedback on the food, decor and the ambience of the restaurant. I have personally shared this with the entire team. It is our endeavor to offer our guests a memorable dinning experience.

We thank you once again for choosing us and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.
Kind regards.

“Very good food”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Bhaj Govindam is our favorite lunch place as it is the nearest eat out from my office. We often go in around 1:30 PM and find it difficult to get the place easily. It serves both South Indian & North Indian but "Dahi Vada" / "Dahi Bhalla" is a must taste dish of Bhaj Govindam. Prices are also not exorbitant. I would also recomment to try south Indian Thali. Restaurant also provides free Home delivery to nearby places. Please note that Breakfast is not available at Bhaj Govindam. Ambiance is amazing. It actually takes you to the traditional Indian dining experience.Service is good.

• Visited September 2013
Dear Sneha B,
Warm greetings from Bhaja Govindam. We appreciate your feedback and your review for our restaurant. We are happy that the food served is to your liking. I on behalf of the entire team would look forward to welcoming you back again at our restaurant.

Best regards.
New Delhi, India
“A Delhite”
Reviewed 3 May 2013

A place where a beautiful statue of Lord Ganesha welcomes you to an experience which is quite a combination. A combination of Divinity and Food and hence justifying the name of the place. Well, I have been told that this was my first Restaurant and the most regular one too. My father has seen it evolve and now I am doing the same.

As far as food which is the whole point of going to a Restaurant is concerned, it's good, It's tasty and most importantly, it's different. Vegetarians often complain about the very similiar nature of dishes they are offered at various places but this one is a bit different. The menu is still the same and usual but the Preparation is quite different. They offer you the Restaurant food with a homely touch to it and hence giving it that rustic taste which stays with you for quite some time.

Well, I will suggest this place to everyone who needs a change in their dining experiences and want to have a beautiful family experience. Also, With moderate prices, Affordability is not an issue too. If you are a delhiite, then you must visit this one for once so as to stay connected. There is no denying that you always have better options at hand but this one offers quite a tempting deal which is irresistible to deny :)

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank JainBhavya
ShantanuRaizada, Owner at Bhaja Govindam, responded to this review, 24 April 2015
Dear Bhavya,
We appreciate that you and your family have been our regular customers since such a long time. It gives us a sense of pride that our quality has been consistent and we appreciate that you continue to patronize our restaurant. I thank you for writing such a detailed review about our food and our ambiance and the same has been shared with our entire team. Pls do keep on visiting us and giving such wonderful reviews.

Thanks.
leeds
“Excellent, and I'm not a vegetarian!!”
Reviewed 5 April 2013

I'm not a vegetarian but I ate here on my last night in Delhi as I was tired and it was just round the corner from my hotel. Without doubt this was some of the finest food I had on my entire trip, the flavours and tastes were amazing. If you like your meat don't be put off because this is veg only, it really is superb!

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank spencerLeeds
Dear Guest,
Thanks a lot for appreciating the food of our restaurant. Pls do keep visiting us whenever you are in India-New Delhi next. I can assure you that you will never be disappointed. I have shared your review with our chefs and they are very grateful to you for posting such a great review of their food.

Thanks.