“good location&excellent services”

Ranked #119 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
“good location&excellent services”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

i was stay in hotel arjun,service was excellent,room is cleaned.location is good.this hotel is near by new delhi railway station,i.e 05 mins walkable distance.metro station is on 02 min walkable distance.staff was very helpfull,special for mr tiwari is also nice man.really i recommence to stay hotel arjun.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank vishal5bihar
hotelarjun, Owner at Hotel Arjun, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Guest

Thanks for staying at Hotel Arjun. We are glad to know that you had wonderful time while staying with us. our location is very central and with in close proximity of Metro station , New delhi Railway station and Connaught place.

We look forward for you next stay with us.

Vijay

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Reviewed 22 February 2014

This wasn't the nicest place I stayed at during my travels, but not the worst either.

Hotel Arjun is clean and safe and relatively comfortable, which really leaves little to complain about.

The room wasn't as nice as I was hoping, but I chose it based on good reviews and budget-friendly pricing, so I feel like I got what I paid for and I was happy enough with that.

It's right in a market, so the street is busy and noisy, and there was a lot of noise that traveled to the room - no chance of a midafternoon nap! The staff were very nice, helpful and accommodating, which was a bonus.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank McKinnley P
Dear Guest

Thanks for your valuable feedback, I am glad to know that you value of your money. Our staff always goes out of their to make every guest comfortable and make every stay a memorable stay .

We look forward for being host again in New Delhi.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I really enjoyed my stayed at this hotel not only because it was clean, comfortable and affordable but the people (staff) were very helpful like no others. They just showed genuine care on me and made my work much easier, even though i had stayed here only for two days..So, this is definitely a place to go.

Room Tip: Really depends on the preference of the travellers but i am sure the reception staff will help.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest

Thanks for your valuable feedback, We are glad to know that you had excellent time with us, your feedback helps us to improve our services.

Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

Ok.. So where do I start here? I booked this hotel a couple of months in advance and confirmed the booking to then arrive around midnight and no booking. Thanks Mr Vijay for that one. Luckily there were rooms and we had not booked them for an airport pick up. Then, paying full price, we were submitted to hammering and banging for 12 hours per day and no apologies offered. We dealt with this because Aman and the gentlemen who worked for him gave us such wonderful hospitality, had my fractured boot fixed, gave us advice on where to buy certain non touristy items I wanted for students, organised couriers for goods, let us check out late, etc. BUT and let me tell you, this for us, was the big BUT that means we will not be going back despite being booked to return... As we were leaving, the man at the front desk who claimed to be the owner was so incredibly rude that I regret staying there at all. We were headed to the train station with our confirmed by the International Tourist Agency on the first floor of the Delhi station train tickets to get our seat allocation.. Approx 740pm. He then waylaid us telling us the office would shut in 20 mins, insisting that he check our tickets on the Internet. I informed him that all was legitimate and tried to explain how we had confirmed etc that day and best hurry to the station to catch the lady at the office as it was closing. He proceeded to yell over the top of me and not listen. When my sister told him to shut up and listen, he then proceeded to scream at us and act threateningly. It was not until Aman came to our rescue that we managed to get out of the place. The yelling man then tried to placate us with a free bottle of water each which, when we went to open it, actually had a broken seal. I am 40, have been travelling since I was 16, have worked and travelled in over 25 countries, with this as my third time in India, and I have never ever ever been treated like this. In fact, I have never before felt the need to even write a review. I know that there are a lot of positive reviews on this site regarding Hotel Arjun and i know why if you have encountered Aman but know who your money is going to and rethink booking here. The pictures are also deceiving as the rooms are nowhere near as big as the photos make them out to be although Aman's interior design jobs are lovely and we represented in the pictures.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Kerill E
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 10 February 2014

This hotel amidst the crowded bazaar is very quiet although some renovations are in progress which begin at 9am and are stopped by 8pm-when most guests are outside; rooms are spacious and washrooms are wow :):).... for the amount they are charging the rooms really are a great value for money; if you are in no mood of eating at hotel you can always explore the eateries in surrounding area which are in plenty.!!!!! Mr. Vijay will always go an extra mile aheaad to help the guests and make their stay a comfortable one.. I asked him regading the directions a hundred times and he guided me all the way to his hotel on phone without getting irritated or showing any annoyance.. you can always rely on him for getting a family like treatment and you would absolutely feel secure apart from Delhi chaos in this hotel.. so if you are looking for a budget hotel that would provide you with excellent service and a warm and friendly staff in Delhi.....this ought to be the one and only choice of yours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DelhiNomads
Dear Guest

Thanks for your valuable time. I am glad to inform you that our construction is over and we are fully operational now. I am glad to find that you had good stay with us.

We are looking forward for your next stay with us

London
Reviewed 7 February 2014

We didn't stay here, but stopped in and looked at standard and delux rooms on Feb 7th 2014. The prices they offered 1,000R for standard and 1,500R for deluxe seemed okay, however the standard room was very worn. Additionally they were doing a lot of construction and had hammers and chisels going so it was noisy.

In the end we left and have ended up at Hotel Sonu. The base price rooms are a little more than Arjun's standard, but are quiter, away from the road and as good or better than their delux rooms

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joel S
Dear Guest

Thanks for your valuable feedback, I offer my tender apologies for the inconveniences caused due to construction. When you stayed with us, we agree we were in little mess.

I request you to stay with us now. You will surely feel the difference and we will get chance to offer you our hospitality.

Looking forward for you stay with us

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I don’t know where to begin with the long list of disappointing things about this place. We were very unsatisfied with our stay here and wouldn’t go back there again even if we were offered the rooms free of charge!

Upon arrival, the guy at the reception asked us our plans for our stay and kept trying to push a taxi on us even though we were firmly saying we had no interest in getting one. Then he informed us we had to wait two hours to check into our room, even though it was 6pm in the evening. We were shown to another room where we could wait. That room was very worn and shabby looking and clearly in need of renovation. Worst of all, was the fact that there was construction work occurring in the room next door. There was constant loud drilling and it was bothering all the guests who complained about it. The guy at the desk kept saying just five more minutes, but it went on for two more hours. This occurred over the next two days of our stay also. The incessant drilling started at 9am every morning and continued until after 8pm. I concede and completely understand that all accommodation must carry out remodelling work from time to time and as places are open every day, this has to occur when guests are present. However, it is completely unacceptable to carry out such work as early as 9 in the morning and as late as 8. The hotel (though I use this word loosely, as I wouldn’t consider this place worthy of that title), should have limited drilling from 10am – 5pm when tourists are typically out and not wake them up in the morning with irritating drilling or disrupt their peaceful enjoyment of their rooms in the evening. Add to this the fact that the staff were brushing away all the guests complaints and didn’t seem bothered by the upset being caused or show any desire to remedy the inconvenience and irritation resulted in some of the worst and frankly pathetic “customer service” I have ever seen. We were disgusted.

Unfortunately, that wasn’t all that was unsatisfactory with our time there. All the rooms were quite shabby (we saw three different rooms in total). Even the deluxe room had lots of marks on the wall and the bathroom was really worn looking. Hot water wasn’t available at all one of the mornings also. The deluxe room lacked some basic things too. We had no bin and even though we had teabags and sugar, we had no kettle or cups. These are pretty basic things to forget to equip a room with.

On our final morning we rang reception asking for someone to come to the room so we could order breakfast (that’s their procedure for room service). However, we waited fifteen minutes and no one came. When I went downstairs to tell the guy at reception, he was eating and seemed annoyed that I was asking him to leave his food and send someone to the room. He also didn’t apologise that nobody had come to take our order in the first place. This was from the same guy who woke us up by phoning our room at 8:30 in the morning to see of we had booked a taxi, which we hadn’t.

On another occasion, we had decided to go to a restaurant that we knew was somewhere on the same street. When we asked which direction it was, they said they had never heard of it and we should go to another place. It turned out the restaurant (which is attached to a hotel) is only a minute walk away, so they were clearly lying and just trying to support some other business.
When we checked out, we left our bags there and collected them that night before walking to the railway station for our 8:40pm train. Our train was rescheduled until 2am, so when we went back and asked if we could stay in a free room until 1am, the guy at reception wanted to charge us 80% of the room rate, even though firstly they had a number of free rooms and could have done the decent thing and just let us stay free of charge (especially since the room was a total dive) and secondly, if a payment was necessary, then about 50% would have been more than adequate (which I managed to get in the end).

This was appalling customer service in a run-down place where the comfort of the guests is not only not a priority but not a consideration. Avoid, avoid, avoid!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sharonwinters14
Dear Guest

Thanks for your valuable feedback. I owe my tender apologies for your inconveniences due to the construction work. It was not planned at all but due to some unavoidable reasons we had no choice but to start the renovation for our standard rooms, just to improve them and make them luxurious for staying. I know there was construction going on and not only you but other people also faced inconveniences during this period. but i feel some of your complains are exaggerated, You asked for the direction of the restaurant and we told you that we dont know about the place you mentioned however there are nice restaurants nearby. You even asked about that restaurant to the other people on the street but no body knew about this. so where was the point of supporting our so called own restaurant.

We have 24 hours room service and attentive staff. We have displayed the rates of airport taxi charges to the airport in our lobby. We check with every guest whether they have the transfer booked to the airport/station because our hotel is located on the busy street and it takes 10 mins for us to order the taxi so we want to have information in advance so that we order the transfer on time and the guests dont get delayed for their onward journeys.

We apologized for the inconveniences due to construction but this was done only to improve our rooms. When you discussed this issue with our Manager, he agreed with you and we charged you only 50 % of the room rent for your last night.

I would definitely like you to stay with us again in our newly renovated standard rooms.