“Best customer service”
Review of Hotel Arjun

Hotel Arjun
Ranked #127 of 713 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 30 March 2014

The rooms were spacious, decently priced and very comfortable. Ours was also quite clean. Best part of this place by far is the customer service - Anand is the person you want to ask for. He helped us out majorly when we were in a tight spot, and also made the best food recommendations as well as helped us figure out Delhi and how to do it right. Great location also, close to metro!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anneliese C

Dear Guest

Thanks for your encouraging words. We are glad for your feedback , our main asset is our staff who goes out of way to assist our esteemed guests.

We are glad to know that you enjoyed our customer care services.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Arjun

Reviewed 21 March 2014

I booked my stay on Hotels.com which gave a room description of a standard room as having "climate control". What would anyone in their right mind think of when they hear climate control? Air Conditioning! To their defense, the room did not SPECIFICALLY say Air Conditioning, BUT NEITHER DID THE ROOMS WITH A/C. They ALSO said "climate control". Instead of hotels checking various things to entice the customer into booking with them that is not even part of the room description is wrong. The room I booked also included a buffet breakfast, which I was told did not even exist. Really???

In the end, they moved my booking to their "sister" property, Hotel Shelton and gave me a deluxe room with A/C and set breakfast in the morning.

In the End, the hotel did the right thing and gave me a room with the description of the room I booked. But I feel that the hotel should not get the best rating until the description of the rooms are accurate so that the cutsomer knows what they are booking. Especially since most bookings today are non refundable and (especially in India) hard to get out of if the hotel is not what it is said to be. This is a HUGE problem when it comes to rooms within India.

Room Tip: NOTE that room descriptions vary from site to site for this hotel. Standard rooms DO NOT have A/C
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank TexanTrvlr
Reviewed 14 March 2014

If you decide to stay here because of the price its good for stay! The Hotel staff is very friendly and no more extra charge. Room was clean and foods are also tasty. I am highly recommended of this hotel.

Regards

Rajnish

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank RajnishJaipur

Dear Guest

Thanks for your feedback. We are glad to know that you have had wonderful time with us.

We look forward for your next stay with us.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

i was stay in hotel arjun,service was excellent,room is cleaned.location is good.this hotel is near by new delhi railway station,i.e 05 mins walkable distance.metro station is on 02 min walkable distance.staff was very helpfull,special for mr tiwari is also nice man.really i recommence to stay hotel arjun.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank vishal5bihar

Dear Guest

Thanks for staying at Hotel Arjun. We are glad to know that you had wonderful time while staying with us. our location is very central and with in close proximity of Metro station , New delhi Railway station and Connaught place.

We look forward for you next stay with us.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

This wasn't the nicest place I stayed at during my travels, but not the worst either.

Hotel Arjun is clean and safe and relatively comfortable, which really leaves little to complain about.

The room wasn't as nice as I was hoping, but I chose it based on good reviews and budget-friendly pricing, so I feel like I got what I paid for and I was happy enough with that.

It's right in a market, so the street is busy and noisy, and there was a lot of noise that traveled to the room - no chance of a midafternoon nap! The staff were very nice, helpful and accommodating, which was a bonus.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank McKinnley P
hotelarjun, Owner at Hotel Arjun, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Dear Guest

Thanks for your valuable feedback, I am glad to know that you value of your money. Our staff always goes out of their to make every guest comfortable and make every stay a memorable stay .

We look forward for being host again in New Delhi.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I really enjoyed my stayed at this hotel not only because it was clean, comfortable and affordable but the people (staff) were very helpful like no others. They just showed genuine care on me and made my work much easier, even though i had stayed here only for two days..So, this is definitely a place to go.

Room Tip: Really depends on the preference of the travellers but i am sure the reception staff will help.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest

Thanks for your valuable feedback, We are glad to know that you had excellent time with us, your feedback helps us to improve our services.

Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

Ok.. So where do I start here? I booked this hotel a couple of months in advance and confirmed the booking to then arrive around midnight and no booking. Thanks Mr Vijay for that one. Luckily there were rooms and we had not booked them for an airport pick up. Then, paying full price, we were submitted to hammering and banging for 12 hours per day and no apologies offered. We dealt with this because Aman and the gentlemen who worked for him gave us such wonderful hospitality, had my fractured boot fixed, gave us advice on where to buy certain non touristy items I wanted for students, organised couriers for goods, let us check out late, etc. BUT and let me tell you, this for us, was the big BUT that means we will not be going back despite being booked to return... As we were leaving, the man at the front desk who claimed to be the owner was so incredibly rude that I regret staying there at all. We were headed to the train station with our confirmed by the International Tourist Agency on the first floor of the Delhi station train tickets to get our seat allocation.. Approx 740pm. He then waylaid us telling us the office would shut in 20 mins, insisting that he check our tickets on the Internet. I informed him that all was legitimate and tried to explain how we had confirmed etc that day and best hurry to the station to catch the lady at the office as it was closing. He proceeded to yell over the top of me and not listen. When my sister told him to shut up and listen, he then proceeded to scream at us and act threateningly. It was not until Aman came to our rescue that we managed to get out of the place. The yelling man then tried to placate us with a free bottle of water each which, when we went to open it, actually had a broken seal. I am 40, have been travelling since I was 16, have worked and travelled in over 25 countries, with this as my third time in India, and I have never ever ever been treated like this. In fact, I have never before felt the need to even write a review. I know that there are a lot of positive reviews on this site regarding Hotel Arjun and i know why if you have encountered Aman but know who your money is going to and rethink booking here. The pictures are also deceiving as the rooms are nowhere near as big as the photos make them out to be although Aman's interior design jobs are lovely and we represented in the pictures.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends