“Asian cuisine at its best”
Review of Mamagoto

Mamagoto
Ranked #115 of 12,661 Restaurants in New Delhi
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Japanese, Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
New Delhi
“Asian cuisine at its best”
Reviewed 6 April 2013 via mobile

Mamagoto is consistent as far as quality of food is concerned and that's why I keep going back to dine there! Today we ordered the som tam salad which was just the way it should be - tangy and crunchy with just the right amount of lime. The grilled fish with Asian herbs was superb! The fish was fresh and grilled to perfection and the accompanying honey and lemon dipping sauce served with it was the perfect complement. The chicken with aniseed looked very good but I think the chef went overboard with the aniseed! The service was good and our server Rajinder was very attentive even though the restaurant was full...the only suggestion I have is that if the restaurant is full up and there is a long waiting time, maybe guests should be told at the main entrance downstairs instead of having to make that steep climb up to the first floor only to be informed that there is half hour waiting :( not withstanding that I will be back again to dine here!

• Visited April 2013

• Thai first
delhi
“Fun cuisine”
Reviewed 6 April 2013

The place is given the look of a street-side cafe, but its anything but that. The food is of excellent quality; though the helpings are on the smaller side. The Malay dishes are not as robust as in Malaysia, but I personally liked this better.
Service is a bit ponderous, but could be because of our order taking longer to cook.
Must try are the spring rolls, and their desserts.

• Visited April 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
“Best restaurant experience in India yet”
Reviewed 23 March 2013

We were not planning on eating Asian fusion food in India but by chance we stopped at Mamagoto for dinner, and it was fantastic. The service and atmosphere were top notch. The food was delicious and the coconut ice cream was some of the best ice cream I have ever eaten. You may think you are in India and only want to eat Indian food (we did), but Mamagoto is definitely worth visiting.

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“Great Food!”
Reviewed 9 March 2013

this was my second trip. I went back for the teriyaki chicken (one of their signature dishes!).

I should have stuck to my previous experience of the mocktails and not ordered one this time..it was a cranberry kafir lime thing this time ...which was so not worth the 175 bucks it cost!

The chicken spring rolls were great, as was the Teriyaki (again)! The Thai shrimp fried rice with the chicken sides (didn't get the name but was told it was a signature dish too!) was also good.

Over all a good experience. The guy attending us helped pick the food. I think it was a smart decision.

Will visit again for the teriyaki and perhaps the spring rolls too :)

• Visited March 2013
jodhpur
“one MAMA you can GOTO(to borrow from krishnadorai)”
Reviewed 3 March 2013

walking around select city walk (yes, that is our evening walk these days!), my friend and I decided we were just a little hungry. Mamagoto looked attractive, so in we went.

ambience 5/10 : for a niche restaurant with a not so economical price range, the ambience they've tried to create is of a street food place. its colourful, bright lights, tacky tables.

menu 7/10 : the place offers a pot-pourri of oriental stuff that takes time to figure out, but the stewards are helpful in explaining stuff. there is an attractive wine list, too.
..............ended up ordering a chicken appetizer for my carnivorous friend and stuck to the standard phad thai for vegetarian me, with stir fried veggies in garlic sauce.

service 6/10 : 20 mins serving time was acceptable. since we were just 2 guys and had a one time order, the service seemed okay, and there weren't any obsequious queries again and again.

palatibility and portions 9/10: the portions appeared small, but were a task to finish! healthy servings and YUMMY food. my friend complained that this wasn't the 'real oreintal' (read Thai) stuff, but agreed it was still very very tasty!!

VFM 7/10: for reasons above. $$ for two = INR1500 without drinks

verdict : A place for a family/friends kind of 'outing'. cant really call it fine dining, but cant call it a streetfood/ food court place either. worth a visit.

• Visited February 2013