“My Home and Refuge in Delhi”

and 1 more site!
Master Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #32 of 1,098 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I first stayed at Master guest house 10 years ago and I have returned many many times (I always stay several days when I arrive and several days before I leave India). The owners, Ushi and Avnish, have become dear friends and have shown me Delhi like I never could have experienced on my own. Their house is an absolute oasis in bustling Delhi: after a busy day exploring the city it is heavenly to enjoy tea or a cold drink on the beautiful rooftop patio. The rooms (some with en suite bathrooms) are comfortable and feel like home. The breakfasts, especially the indian breakfast of aloo puri, keeps me fueled til tea time. Ushi, an artist and a reiki healer, is tapped into the vibrant arts and culture of Delhi, and Avnish, a Delhi native, is more knowledgable about the city and its history than any guidebook. Avnish will work with you to plan the rest of your trip, including logistics, and his advice is indispensable. The bed and breakfast is walking or cycle rickshaw distance to two metro stations, and auto rickshaws are easy to flag down on Shankar Road. I return to India at least every other summer for 1-2 months, and staying with Ushi and Avnish and their lovely, accommodating staff is always the highlight of my trip.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Master Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 21 January 2014

What a break from the turmoil of Delhi. Beautiful room, great food (order dinner) and great hosts. Hot water bottle much appreciated in January. I was sorry to leave. The decor is so beautiful and the rooftop deck is a great place for breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2014

A very special place to stay in Delhi.
I will be there again!
Congratulations for all staff !
Everything perfect from the arrival transfer until the departure transfer.
Excelent location near city center in a good neighborhood
I felt at home

Room Tip: Rooms with varanda are the best
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Our first visit to India was made much easier and more memorable by Ushi's and Avnish's graciousness. We stayed with them for seven nights. We were greeted every morning over breakfast by one or both of them. You must take the Old Delhi tour with Avnish. He is a master story-teller and will introduce you to parts of India you will never see on your own. Our room was very clean, the house help were very patient with us, and the food was great. Breakfast was included, but you may also enjoy a very fine dinner for a small additional charge. We enjoyed meeting other travelers from all over the world who stayed at this Inn. We highly recommend the Master Guest House in Delhi.

Room Tip: Request one of the rooms with an 'on suite' bathroom.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 December 2013

It is a very nice and comfortable place. It's a calm escape from very noisy Delhi. Rooms are clean and spacy - my room was with private bathroom and balcony. There are also great breakfests in two styles: indian and european. Service is incredible, and owners – Ushi and Avnish - are very helpfull.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AnitaWasik
Reviewed 21 December 2013

I stayed at Master Bed and Breakfast last week, only for two nights but the establishment and owners made such an impact. I arrived only to stay one night but my train was delayed by eight hours from Varanasi, I arrived exhausted and unwell. As soon I entered Master bed and breakfast I felt relieved, and welcomed. My room was lovely, the staff and owners were warm, a hot water bottle was put Into my bed, heater on and tea ordered. They organised for me to stay another night and set about getting quotes for me to fly to Bangalore as I decided against taking the train. The next 48 hours I was comfortable, looked after and my flight was booked. I highly recommend staying here, it is also well located, staff are wonderful, hot water, great food and very comfy rooms. Rachel Lawrie

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Avnish and Ushi did a great job easing us into India. While Delhi might not be the easiest starting point in terms of adjustments, they made it simple helping to visit the city, advising on travel plans onward, and helping to navigate the bureaucracy of getting a local SIM card. They took a real interest in us and every guest we saw there.

The property is a bit off of the beaten path in an upscale residential neighborhood which certainly made for more restful sleep. Indian cities are noisy! If you want to stay in the thick of the action, this isn't a great fit, though. The room was clean and spacious, and the food was good. They have wifi as well as a computer that you can use.

Also, the family dining room setting where you eat ends up being a place to pick other travelers' brains which was helpful and interesting.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends