“Great Place in Paharganj”

bloomrooms @ New Delhi Railway Station
Ranked #32 of 779 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Great place for the money. It was clean and bright and made you feel a million miles away from the hustle and noise of the area. The bed was super comfortable and the restaurant was a welcome change from the usual paharganj fare.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank KB2003
Write a ReviewReviews (1,278)

Reviewed 8 July 2013

I've now stayed at both BloomRooms locations in Delhi, and can easily say that I will no longer stay anywhere else. They've melded the perfect combination of location (@Railways, walking distance from the Delhi railway station) with a high quality stay for the business traveler. I've slept like a lamb in their beds, taken advantage of their across-the-hotel wifi for impromptu Skype calls with clients, drank more than my fair share of great coffee from their attached Amici cafe, and marveled how only BloomRooms seems to be able to get hot water consistently flowing out of their showers. I've been so satisfied with their service that I've actually (for the first time ever) reached out to their management to say thank you. Treat yourself to the best hotel for the money in Delhi. Thanks to the whole BloomRooms crew for a consistently excellent experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

This hotel was bright clean and friendly. It was nice to have a water fill station. If you're considering staying in paharganj you might want to reconsider, it's crowded and filthy (like most of India) but this hotel is a good 20 minute walk from the rail station and the main strip of tourist catering restaurants.

I also booked a car to the taj as I only had one day in the area. The price was fair, but they assured me the car would wait for me in the evening as my flight was leaving at 3AM. However when we returned to the hotel to pick up my luggage and let me get dinner the driver was complaining and rushing me and when I asked the front desk staff about this they just shrugged and suggested I eat at the airport.

Additionally they told me I needed to pay the driver for the car an not the hotel so I had to go the ATM which was annoying only to find out the next day that I could have paid in credit.

Anyway. The hotel is fine but if you book anything through them be assertive with what you want otherwise they will walk all over you.

Also I wouldn't stay in this area unless you have an early morning train to catch.

1  Thank Chasington
bloomrooms, Guest Relations Manager at bloomrooms @ New Delhi Railway Station, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2013

Hi Chasington,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, it's much appreciated.

We're really glad to hear you enjoyed the bloomrooms concept in general, although we're sad to learn your stay was not quite up to the mark.

The Railway Station area is a bit crazy and is certainly not for everyone - it is however the main choice of location for most travelers who want to experience the 'real' India. We have another property in a quieter area of Delhi, which is probably a lot better suited to your needs. Next time we recommend you stay there to avoid the chaos of the Railway Station area.

Normal walking time from New Delhi Railway Station to the hotel is 5 minutes, just be sure to use the main exit and not a side exit. As you mentioned this is the most convenient place to stay if you're taking a train.

In terms of the car you hired, we do not own this service and therefore cannot always deliver the same level of attention you can expect in the hotel. We will however always do our best to help our guests in any way possible. For the Agra car hire we cannot allow guests to pay this on credit, it is only airport pick-ups that we can put on credit. Sorry for any inconvenience or misunderstanding here.

We do hope we'll see you back at bloomrooms soon.

Safe travels,

The Team

Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

A sanctury amidst the chaos of Pahar Ganj. Spick and span smells fresh too. The cloud bed is 5* standard and the treats at cafe amici downstairs is just yum. Best pizza I ever had was right here.

The only down side is that the room is too too small and has no windows.

I absolutely loved my bunk bed. Conviniently located. Very satisfying.

I love bloomrooms and of course the staff is super helpful.

NB- free wifi with good speed. And two macs for the guests in the lobby. In short a budget 5*.

1  Thank Anupal D
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I never thought of finding this good service in a hotel so close to New Delhi railway station, good cafeteria- though only Italian dishes are on menu was good. Comfortable and cozy rooms with all necessary facility. Overall the day spend in the hotel was nice.

Room Tip: I had got the Room No.-217 and that was pretty comfy, hope its the same with the others too.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Considering what we paid this place was an absolute surprise. Decided to stay here as its bang opposite the Delhi train station. From we'd read the area can get real messy but the hotel is as clean as a whistle and the service at par to international levels of 4 star. The all day restaurant is the highlight. But what can't be topped is their wonderful quaint courtyard, ideal to lay back and enjoy a good book.
Rooms - are comfy with excellent shower pressure and cable tv. High speed net connection was reliable. We will return on the way back.

Tip - ask for the free train station drop off. It makes things much easier.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
bloomrooms, Guest Relations Manager at bloomrooms @ New Delhi Railway Station, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2013

Hi Mat_Goetliano,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, it's really appreciated.

We're so glad you enjoyed your stay and it's nice to hear you put the courtyard to good use - nothing like reading a good book outdoors!

Have a great trip and we look forward to seeing you back with us on your return to Delhi.

Safe travels,

The Team

Reviewed 12 June 2013 via mobile

I would give this place 6* for cleanliness if I could. Stayed here as soon as we arrived in India. We took a compact room but it everything we needed. INCREDIBLE bed and crispy clean linen. Decent shower and fluffy towels, air con, fast free wifi and great location 2 mins walk from New Delhi station, easy to find. I wish they had more branches across India.
Btw, you will read very few reviews as they have been open a month. Check the other branch for more reviews

1  Thank Schaje