“Amazingly clean hotel right next door to New delhi railway station” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of bloomrooms @ New Delhi Railway Station

bloomrooms @ New Delhi Railway Station
Ranked #18 of 706 Hotels in New Delhi
Brisbane, Australia
“Amazingly clean hotel right next door to New delhi railway station”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

We booked bloomrooms because it was new and right next door to the railway station. It was the cleanest hotel i have stayed in India! What a great idea i hope bloomrooms takes off and builds more of these hotels as some times in India you just want somewhere clean and hassle free to stay.

The breakfasts were great with a buffet style of fresh fruits, breads, eggs, cereals and unlimited tea and coffee. They also had free fill up water and tea and coffee for those not eating breakfast in the cafe. These small touches make all the difference sometimes. We also tried the cafe next door at night. The pizzas were tasty so i can recommend eating there if you do not want to venter out.

If you want somewhere clean to stay overnight and a very comfy bed so you can get the early morning train to Agra or any other location. Then is is the hotel for you.

Room Tip: Bunk beds are great!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Bonniemccarthy29

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

I had a night to spend in Delhi while on a work visit, luckily the hotel we had booked into mysteriously ran out of rooms.... leaving us to fend for ourselves in an unfamiliar city.

checked for a budget hotel on the trip advisor mobile app. Bloomrooms property caught my eye bothe for the ranking and the price, got on the phone to the booking number and i had a booking at the hotel.

on reaching here i was in for a very pleasant surprise.

The hotel is beautiful with nice and cozy rooms with very comfortable layout and conveniences at hand.

tastefully designed and well thought of.

excellent work, well done bravo!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank obaidhakim
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

Delhi has always been a difficult place to select a hotel. You have great 4-5 star options but at astronomical rates, and you have a huge number of low budget options, but where cleanliness and quality is always an issue. There are hardly any option for a someone with a budget of 2000~4000 where room/bathroom cleanliness is upto the mark.

I saw bloomrooms in the top ranks of tripadvisor few months ago, and decided to try it. It was a great experience and I have been there twice already. I think I will now always prefer to stay there. It is located centrally, They have very neat and clean rooms and bathrooms. The rooms are small but functional. There is no room service, porter service, nothing except the receptionist. But that's just fine when you know everything is clean, working properly. There is a nice café style restaurant in the premises with a decent breakfast option, and great Pizzas for a meal. There are several restaurants in the hotels nearby where you can have other meals.

I just hope they expand to all other major cities of India soon!

The one point less in my rating is because this time I found the reception staff less courteous than my first visit.

Room Tip: Do not take the road facing rooms, as there can be a lot of noise. Take the ones on the inside, faci...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank BKJ1974
Amsterdam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

We are frequent Delhi visitors. Via Cleartrip we found this beautiful place to stay. Bright, good designed and clean and with a very friendly staff. Location is also super; max. 200m walking from NDLS.
All rooms have free wifi and on ground level there are two Apple computers (free for guest). For us it was my best stay in Delhi ever!!! Bloomrooms we will meet again :)

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

1 Thank Harm B
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

I am working as an overseas trips coordinator for the NGO, Asian Aid, and I just recently (11/2013) brought a group of 12 here. We stayed for two nights and it was nothing short of fantastic.

The rooms were incredibly clean. The fittings all worked excellently. The shower was warm as (and the shower head was one of the nicest I've seen in a long time!). The bed was super comfortable, one of the highlights for me, of my stay there. It's in a pretty cool area for tourists as it gives you a real perspective of what Pahar Ganj is like as soon as you step outside the front door, but while in the centre courtyard of the hotel it feels like your ARE NOT WHERE YOU ARE!!

The only complaint from our whole group was from a person who didn't like rooms without windows. I believe there are rooms with windows, so if you feel a bit claustrophobic grab a room with a window and I'm sure you'll have no other complaints!

The staff were really friendly and accommodating for our group, and also took care of bookings to Agra to the Taj and Fort. Most hotels/B&B's in Delhi have this service, but the quality of the driver was spot on, so I'll happily attribute that to the good contacts from the hotel.

The Amiici cafe (spell check?) next door served up a great breakfast, and though I didn't get the chance to try one of their wood-fired pizzas, they all sounded like they'd be pretty good.

One of the things I liked specially about this hotel was the free mineral water and bottles on each floor. Fantastic idea and I hope more hotels in India marketing to foreigners take that same hint. Great idea!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Josh M
The world
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

Thank God we found this Hotel. It is amazing and has saved us in Delhi.

We spent 2 nights at a cheap place in Delhi at the start of our trip. We are now in the middle of our trip and are back in Delhi for one night.

We were just walkig by with our backpacks and stopped in the amazing cafe attached to the hotel. Then decided to book in. Its 2,300RU a night and worth every penny of it.

The rooms are new and spotless. Big beds. Clean sheets. Top of the range bathrooms. Free wifi in rooms. Also a lovely outdoor chill areato relax in.

Security is 100% safe.

We love this Hotel and will be coming back at the end of our Indian tour for two more nights.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

For $30 or so a night, my expectations were VERY high. That is a high price for staying in Delhi for most - you can get a bed for $10 quite easily and it's totally decent. That said, it was worth every single penny for the EPIC nights of sleep I had there at the start and end of my trip.

So delhi is where most people begin and end their time in India. And it's a bit of a hectic city for *most* people (not all). Bloomrooms was like a breath of fresh air. I loved the city, by the way, so that's not to talk down about it. But when you are freshly arrived it can be a lot to take in - but more than that you're probably very jet lagged. Well, that was my state - horribly jet lagged. I stayed here again at the end of my trip, and while i wasn't jet lagged I was exhausted from a month of non-stop travel. Same difference.

Bloom rooms had THE MOST COMFORTABLE BEDS of all time and the SHOWERS were a force to be reckoned with. If you don't appreciate this when you arrive, by god you will appreciate it by the time you leave.

The wifi is speedy, the sheets are clean and soft, the pillows are delicious, the plugs are everywhere you need them to be (and i didn't need an adaptor). The open areas in the middle are nice for chilling out. Free coffee and tea in the mornings. Free water. Free water refills. Plush TOWELS!

The breakfast is about $5 but buffet style. The dinner is Italian and was overpriced. But down the road there's lots of places to eat. Still, it was there when we needed it.

They do airport pick ups for $15. Nice for when you arrive the first time. Not really needed once you have any experience bartering in India. (our taxi was $8 the 2nd time, just off the street outside the airport). They arranged a taxi back for me for under $10. (Pick up of course is more because they come out to get you personally).

If coming by railway, super close.

Room Tip: away from the road is all. we had twin room 18 facing the courtyard and it was GREAT. bunk beds but...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends