“Location, budget friendly, modern, great travel desk.”

bloomrooms @ New Delhi Railway Station
Ranked #25 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
Dunedin, New Zealand
“Location, budget friendly, modern, great travel desk.”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Everything about this hotel was excellent. Very modern facilities, very clean, universal plugs in the rooms,staff are friendly and helpful, right across the road from the central train station. There is an ajoining cafe which has nice food and breakfasts. There is also a travel desk available in the mornings where we booked a tour to the taj with a private driver and your guide and train tickets to Mumbai at a very reasonable price and was stress free.

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank RyanByron

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I often used to stay at Bloom Rooms at New Delhi Railway Station whenever I am on business trip to Delhi. The hotel is excellent to stay with. The hotel is much neat and clean, good staff, free wifi. But, the breakfast available at Amici Cafe is way bit expensive and has little bit options on serving. Secondly, there should be more options on vegetarian main course for dinner .

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of the hotel are quieter.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

Modern, neet, excellent location and service. Good Wifi signal and computer services. Nice cafeteria and excellent breakfast.
A touristic information desktop couldn't be better located than there. When I arrived I hadn't planed my tour through India yet. There I was adviced by the people of Destination !ndia. After hearing my initial idea, they designed a travel taylored to my interests, time and budget, including hotels, car drivers, airplane and train tickets. They not only accomplished but exceeded my expectations: The places are amazing, the hotels are an actraction by themselves, the driver Gaurav is experienced and dedicated.
I'm very satisfied with how my travel came out and I recommend Bloomrooms and the services they provide.

• Stayed January 2014
Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

This hotel is incredibly clean, has a wonderful design, friendly staff, great location, free wifi and free local phone calls. Maybe they could include free breakfast in the price... Only 1 little negative remark: the restaurant Amici Café is way too expensive and a bit poor in variety.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Su C
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We arrived at about 4.15am after a flight from London - the driver was there waiting at the airport as booked. As this was the first place we stayed on our trip, we were a bit spoilt for all the other hotels that followed... BloomRooms has everything you could ask for - clean room, linen and towels, comfy bed, wonderful hot shower, heating we could adjust in the room, a safe in the room, wifi everywhere and a good buffet breakfast 7-11am (bit pricey at 300Rs but good). The rooms are quite small but the location is handy. Only 20Rs (if you can get it!) by auto to Connaught Place, easy walking distance to ND Railway Station and lots of travel agents etc. Thoroughly recommended.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the courtyard (rather than the street) are probably a little quieter. But because t...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank PCJ-UK
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I spent my first two nights in Delhi at Bloomrooms, and then rebooked them again for our final night before flying out.

All the rooms have evidently been designed for traveller comfort. The power points are strategically placed above surfaces on which to place your phones, devices, light switches are an easy arms stretch from the bed, free mineral water and refills, the bathroom has a shower screen. We didn't experience any of these perks anywhere else in India.

The MOST convenient thing about bloomrooms is their travel agent service on the premises. In particular Mr Shafi. We were in India without any itinerary or plans at peak season, and he organised all our train reservations. All we had to do was show up at the station. He also organised a driver for the week to take us from Delhi to Agra to Pushkar, Jaipur, and then back to Delhi. And as far as I could tell, he didn't charge a fee for his service.

Yes, it's more expensive than an average place in Paharganj. Breakfast is 300 rupees before tax. And that excludes things like waffles, pancakes, idly, they cost extra. You can definitely go across the road and have breakfast for 100 - 150 rupees. However, the bloomrooms breakfast is a buffet, so you can keep going back for refills of cereal, toast, tea etc. Also, their pizza is amazing. One of the best thin crust pizzas I've ever had. The chocolate mousse - not so good.

I got a driver to meet me at the airport which was over 900 rupees - about 3 times the cost of a regular black and white taxi. I was prepared to pay it though, cos my plane landed late at night I was scared of facing Delhi taxis on my own so late. If I could do it again though, I'd take a regular taxi from the airport - the prepay taxi system works fine. When we inquired at reception about the cost of a taxi to the airport, they quoted us 400 rupees, when we had definitely paid 310 rupees for the same route the same day. Again, we didn't mind so much.

There is definitely room for improvement in their email response rate. They are pretty slow. I emailed questions beforehand, and got responses usually after 24 hours, and once within 48 hours. Most other places responded within 24 hours.

Also, the free hot water on the stairs is only available in the morning. When we wanted to make a cup of tea at night, we couldn't.

But on the whole, a very decent place to stay, and it sets a new standard of hotel design. The nicest looking hotel I've ever stayed in. I'd definitely try staying there again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 9 January 2014

This hotel is right in the middle of an old part of New Delhi. The New Delhi train station is a pretty easy 2 block walk away. Though it is on the corner of two very busy, crazy streets, it is very quiet inside. I didn't even have to wear ear plugs and I sleep light. The staff are extremely friendly, it clearly caters to foreign tourists, but is not pretentious or fancy. Simple, functional rooms with fairly fast Wi-Fi. The bed is incredibly comfortable. There is a coffee shop and Italian restaurant inside. We stayed 3 mights and really enjoyed it.

Room Tip: Try to get a room off the Main Street for less noise, though standing on the balcony and watching th...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple