“Spotless oasis of calm”

bloomrooms @ New Delhi Railway Station
Ranked #30 of 777 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Great hotel with friendly and helpful staff.

Our room was spacious and clean with a very comfortable bed. Modern bathroom, also very clean and plenty of hot water.

The staff were always very helpful and friendly. We were able to avail of a later 1pm checkout free of charge, with late checkouts up to 4.30pm available for half the room rate.

Cafe next door is handy for a quick snack, if a little lacking in atmosphere and on the pricey side.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank PMcGeee
Write a ReviewReviews (1,262)

Reviewed 3 March 2014

We stayed at this hotel in January 2014. We were most impressed with how clean, bright and welcoming the hotel is. We were 2 families who arrived by plane from Jodhpur, Rajasthan and were catching a train over to Allahabad in Uttar Pradesh. We could walk from the hotel to the train station. The rates were fantastic ad I highly recommend it for great value for your money. It was very child friendly too!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Libby1960
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Stayed at Bloomrooms for 2 nights, what a great hotel but I almost rated it "the worst" at one point. We arrived to Delhi airport, booked pre-paid taxi inside and got a ticket-receipt. As we went out there was a guy who took us right to the very end of black & yellow taxis. The driver was very pleasant and took our ticket-receipt from us. As we nearly approached Delhi he said he didn't know where our hotel was and asked to call them to ask for directions. We gave him the number and he called from his phone, spoke Indian and then passed the phone to me (hotel was booked in my name), the guy on the phone said that our hotel was cancelled and if we go to government office of tourism they will help us find another hotel so taxi driver took us there. On arrival we were offered to choose from 4-5* hotels with the $650 per night. We asked the rep in this office to call $650 hotel to check availability as it was after 4 p.m. meanwhile I still was unconvinced about our hotel cancellation, it just didn't feel right so we called from our own phone and it turned out our hotel was never cancelled, it was just a con (as was the "government office of tourism") so we said we don't need another hotel, took tuck tuck (which by the way tried exactly the same scam with us after we just told him about the scam in previous place!!) and eventually arrived at our hotel. Bloomrooms has a nice adjacent to it restaurant called Amici. It is reasonably priced for Delhi and we didn't have to search for a place to eat in all that street chaos. They also have free wi-fi which worked really good. We initially got the room with street view but it was too noisy so staff were happy to change it to a room in the yard instead. Both rooms were small but everything we needed and clean. Location was great, not too westernized and more real but also 2-3 min walk to train station, 10-15 min walk from Connaught area - we walked in the dark (7-8 p.m.) but felt safe.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank NadK80
Reviewed 28 February 2014

The New Delhi Railway Station and its vicinity are not especially known for cleanliness nor traffic sense. After seeing the glowing reviews in tripadvisor, I booked this hotel for a recent personal trip to Delhi. The rates were very reasonable, given the usual inflated rates of Delhi hotels.

The location of this hotel is very convenient. Just a 5 minute walk from the station main gate, and a 10 minute walk from the Metro station. I took the Airport Metro Express to the station. Hence this location is good even for air travelers. Plus it is just a 5 minute cycle rickshaw ride to Connaught Place (CP). The hotel provides a free shuttle on the hour (until 4 pm) to CP.

The hotel's exterior is not very prominent and not easy to find. I was looking for the trademark yellow and cream exterior, but as the building blends with the dusty surroundings, you don't see the entrance until you reach the Arakashan Road. Surprisingly, the cycle rickshaw wallahs don't know this place yet, and you need to mention the road name.

Once you go inside - it is a different world altogether. Very friendly and fast front-desk service, and a serene and cosy open courtyard on each floor with sofas/chairs, coffee/tea provision on each floor, and finally the room: spotlessly clean bathroom and a bright and peppy room and decor.

I had a great sleep on the hard bed, listening to the soothing sounds of the trains passing through the station!

There is a restaurant attached to the hotel but I did not try the food there nor the breakfast. The breakfast is buffet-only and is continental. No Indian breakfast. But as CP was nearby, I did not have any problems with food at all.

In summary, a great value for money + international standard, and I will stay in this hotel next time as well. The only 2 mild negative comments I have are the lack of Indian breakfast options, and the bed pillows were not that clean. I hope the hotel management continues to maintain the facilities well.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank SriniRags
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Definitely not the Ritz but I was on a budget and wanted a comfortable place to rest after a long flight from LA. If there was a song to be paired with this hotel it would be "Happy" by Pharrell! "Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof!" The yellow everywhere creates a vibrant energy and just makes you feel like sunshine! Staff is very helpful and will take you free of charge to do small things like change money, etc.
Also the shower head was fantastic. I want one for my myself at home!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank injenkins
Reviewed 26 February 2014

This hotel is worth every penny! the location is very strategic as it is just a few minutes walk from the New Delhi railway station metro and if you were to take a cab it is just a few minutes from the centre. Connaught place which is one of the central shopping areas of New Delhi is also within walking distance (about 15 minutes or less - depends on how quick you walk).

The hotel is extremely clean. the amenities are very sufficient and practical. You really don;t have to pay for what you do not require. It has all that a traveler needs. A comfy bed in a clean comfy room, a flat screen tv with many channels in English, free wifi and a nice bathroom which was bigger than expected! I highly recommend it !

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Shahshamshiri
Reviewed 26 February 2014

After staying at multiple hotels in Delhi, I was extremely excited to find bloomrooms. The bed and shower is heavenly, it was clean and the staff was beyond helpful. We had dinner and the buffet breakfast in the cafe and were impressed by that as well! I wish they had bloomrooms across the world because they would be my hotel of choice!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple