“Boutique hotel with affordable luxury”

The JRD Luxury Boutique Hotel
Ranked #52 of 1,084 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
“Boutique hotel with affordable luxury”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I had a very comfortable stay in this property right at the heart of the city with all conveniences at my service. The hospitality of the staff was heartwarming and the room was equipped with all the amenities I needed. The variety of cuisines, both Indian and Continental, were a delight to my taste buds. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Delhi NCR.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Palm Beach
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Very clean room with excellent bathroom and a wall of windows. The staff had that wonderful mixture of professionalism and genuine service-minded humility. My bed was very comfortable and clean and I was happy to spend a lot of much-needed relaxing time sleeping and watching movies. The truly friendly manager, Krishna, who was on duty from early in the morning to late at night, even offerred to order me the full English speaking TV channel package if I just request it when I book. I recommend this if you want to unwind with movies and shows and do not speak Hindi. Krishna was obviously a very bright fellow and you could, he remembered and thought out my requests and needs, and anticipated others.
You can feel that the place is only a year old. Everything is modern and tasteful and nit worn, and working - even thw simple hotel art/paintings of buddhas on the wall, etc. were pleasing to see. The comfortable, curved toilet seat had one of those old-fashioned paper seals on it signifying that it had been cleaned and since unused. Whoever owns and designed this the JRD certainly paid attention to detail.
Krishna ordered me a driver for a very good rate who filled the car with all my art supplies, canvases, backpacks, etc. And very patiently went down some tight and obscure Delhi roads to an art store before bringing me back to where I reside almost 40 minutes away. I repeatedly tried to offer the driver a much deserved tip, but Krishna told him not to take one and the driver just said "it is my duty... my double duty." That was such a rare and pleasing thing to hear that I finally just took his hand and put a bunch of rupees in it and stepped away so he could not give it back. The whole experience of this hotel, from the most menial staff to the management was friendly, smiling, courteous, AND THEY LISTENED. And the price was very good too. i got an extra discount from a hotel service, but the normal hotel rates were very good for a hotel like this in Delhi.
I was happy to eat a large, full complimentary buffet breakfast with fresh fruit. I ate enough that I barely needed to eat for the rest of the day. Breakfast was very good, but the only thing I think they have to work on is the restaurant. Like the rest if the hotel, it was clean; but many of the things on the menu, including tandoori and my beloved naan, were unavailable. Also, I was surprised that a hotel which truly excelled in so many aspects of comfort and detail did not have the freshly made, crispy masala dosas upon request like most hotels' breakfasts - but instead had them on the buffet in the warmer. They were still very good as the filling which was also buffet was delicious.
The hotel is very close to the very good neighbirhoods of Green Park, Hauz Khas, the remarkably artistic and fun Hauz Khas village, and not far from Kailash, Vasant Kunj and other good ones. That was a plus for me. I would highly recommmend this comfortable, clean, reasonably priced hotel. I hope you enjoy and appreciate it as much as I did.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank happytraveller108
delhi
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Last month i stayed at JRD. As I m from bombay and I had to visit delhi for seminar. I had a wonderful experience. Such a good and comfortable stay after long meeting it was really comfortable and good clean elegant atmosphere .
JRD team was also helpful in guiding about the ways in delhi as I was new to city.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank bedinisha
delhi
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

JRD is true combination of comfort and class special mention for food really awesome experience. service is excellent. Staff is humble and quick service is soo good. Room decore us really royal you Will really feel special. really great thanks JRD team. My stay here was really memorable. I will advice all to must experience the stay. really worth

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank bedinisha
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Newly built well maintain with all amenities situated in the heart of the city great access to main road arrangment of the lobby was good and relaxing with ample seats staff was friendly and food was just like home

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Kanhav
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I stayed in this hotel last month but could not share my experiences than. i must say it is one of the best budget and comfortable hotel in vicinity. Stay was very comfortable checkin and check out smooth and quick easy accessibility to Near by Bhikaji Cama Palace where my meeting was scheduled. Food was good and served fast.. I will surely come back on my next visit

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank TravelFreak679
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Hi
i was staying for a week in JRD Hotel. No complains at all and the staffs are wonderfully kind. the main person in front dest, Mr. Krishna was a great person to have here and make you feel like family, he was wonderful and very helpful.
If i visit Delhi again i sure will stay in the place, not that it is a 5 star but because of the people. I recommend this place for visitor since it is located close to most of the places.
regards,
M. Rod

Room Tip: check the room before you ok.