“Pure Excellence in Comfort and Customer Serivce”

JW Marriott Hotel New Delhi Aerocity
Ranked #12 of 707 Hotels in New Delhi
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Pure Excellence in Comfort and Customer Serivce”
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I don't know where to begin without making this too long, but here it goes anyway. We came to India for a wedding and for business. The JW Marriott Aerocity far exceeded our expectations. It is very close to the airport. The property itself is absolutely beautiful. It is new and still has yet to be totally completed. When arriving your car will go through a security checkpoint. You will also go through a security screening before entering the hotel. Safety is very important to them. The wonderful doormen in their grand uniforms always greet you with the biggest smiles. You are treated like royalty from the second you walk in. The lobby is absolutely gorgeous, fresh flower arrangements change every few days. We are Platinum members and we were offered drinks while waiting in the lobby as the check in process began. Then we were brought to the executive lounge on the third floor to complete check-in. The room we had was on the third floor with access to the lounge, it was spectacular! Big comfortable beds and the most amazing marble bath - shower combo ever! We loved our room. It was very quiet and we didn't hear any noise at all, inside or out. We had a view of the courtyard. The K-3 restaurant is fantastic and serves Indian, Chinese and Italian choices. Many vegetarian and non- veg items. There is something for everyone. The chefs are friendly and very accommodating. Akira Back (sushi) is across the courtyard and is also excellent. The night we dined there service was excellent and all staff was wonderful, they called us by name as we walked in! We also met chef Kurt. The tuna pizza is to die for! The spa is amazing and so beautiful. We had massages that were the best we have ever had. All staff at the pool / spa area are excellent and attentive. The locker rooms are gorgeous with spa tub, steam room and sauna. The pool / deck area is beautiful. Enjoyed some sunshine outside! The transportation coordinators are great! They helped us arrange a trip to Agra. The car drivers are wonderful, took us SAFELY all over the place at a reasonable price- we thank you. The chocolate shop is divine as well! The most impressive part of our stay however was the level of customer service we received at the executive lounge. The executive lounge staff- Vivek, Amit, Deepika, Sudeshna, Rebecca, Ishita, Lilly (the lovely, friendly greeter in the lobby), Chefs Amit, Yudhveer and Prashant (they fattened me up throughout the week with specially prepared treats) they are ALL above and beyond excellent. A VERY special thank you goes out to Lara on the executive team, who not only made our stay most special, but will remain a friend forever. The group even left us a nice gift and beautiful flowers in the room on our last night there.......I carried them back home the entire way to Pennsylvania!!! If there are any names I left out, I truly apologize. Everyone at the front desk is always professional, friendly and helpful. Every single person at the property, no matter what their position, was 100% professional. Customer service in the US could really take a lesson from these young professionals. We will truly miss everyone and look forward to coming back again! Many thanks to all of you for making our stay a memorable one:)

Room Tip: Room 3033 had lounge access, no noise, plus a view of the courtyard.
3 Thank loribob67
JW M, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel New Delhi Aerocity, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
Dear Guest,

It is a delight to read your valuable review about our service and facilities. We are happy that you were impressed with our rooms, facilities, food as well as the overall ambiance of the hotel. We are glad that our location in proximity to New Delhi airport added convenience to your stay.

Your appreciation of our associates has inspired them to perform better and helps maintain the benchmark of world-class hospitality. We thank you again for honoring us with your patronage and look forward to your next visit soon.

Balan Paravantavida

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
India
Reviewed 19 December 2013

The hotel is near IGI Airport. The meeting place is better than many other hotels in Delhi. You are greeted by hotel personnel on every corner in the hotel to guide you. The security while entering the hotel is tight and they check the vehicle so thoroughly as if you are a suspect (more than required...or perhaps they get less guests so they perform it well). The coffee served is fine but the cookies are kept in small containers in such a way that the consumption is least ....nice management. The food is not so good but not bad either. I think they would learn it well when the hotel starts functioning fully. Ambience/temperature inside perfect. Neat and clean otherwise. Valet parking needs some better management/courtesies.
In general.......not bad. Could be better

2 Thank sg103
JW M, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel New Delhi Aerocity, responded to this review, 22 December 2013
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure welcoming you at our hotel in New Delhi. Located in proximity to the airport, JW Marriott Hotel New Delhi Aerocity provides excellent accommodation options and impeccable service. We are glad to note that you found our location, business amenities and service delivery at par with your expectations.

We endeavor to offer utmost comfort to our guests through our thoughtfully appointed rooms and world-class amenities and your kind suggestions are indeed helpful. We thank you again for your valuable feedback and look forward to your repeated patronage.

Paris, France
Reviewed 19 December 2013

It is a brand new hotel and it shows well. However, the customer service is impeccable and truly amazing. They have a systematic process for everything and no flaws and last minute surprises. It is a perfect hotel for business travelers and the hotel staff helps you out once you enter the lobby. The car parking area is awesome and looks as though it is your own car parking. It is just a 10-minute drive to the airport from the hotel. The breakfast is awesome and as it is just one month old, everything is fresh and serene. Great stay and great treatment.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PennyOswol
Dear Guest,

It is a delight to read the review with your compliments about our service and facilities. We strive to pamper guests with utmost luxury at JW Marriott Hotel New Delhi Aerocity and we are glad to know that we are successful in our endeavors.

As you have mentioned, our location is our strength and we complement it with our impeccable service and world-class amenities. We thank you again for honoring us with your patronage and we would indeed be delighted to welcome you again for a longer duration.

San Francisco
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Had the chance to stay here a couple times this month and was overall pleased with the experience. The hotel is short and wide (vs narrow and tall like many of the other JWs) and they make effective use of the space on the ground level - they have designed a number of interesting separate seating ares, perfect for meeting with friends or colleagues. As for the rooms themselves, they are modern design and fairly spacious.

The food in the hotel was quite good - the main restaurant has one of the larger buffets that I've seen in India and for lunch I thought the made-to-order pasta station was excellent (for once al dente meant al dente...). The gym and pool are both sizable and definitely met my needs.

Some of the the annoyances - first, the noise. There is a large hall/convention center on the ground floor for hosting large events. During both my stays, they had loud weddings that went until 2a or so that I could clearly hear in my room - the JW needs to figure out what the acceptable noise level is for events. Second, it is a bit annoying that they have have Marriott Club members with status go to the 3rd floor Executive Lounge to check in to the hotel. Not sure what the point of this is but I'd prefer just doing this in the lobby and heading to the room. Finally, it is absolutely unacceptable that a hotel located literally 2 minutes from the airport charges 2000 INR (with tax) for a one-way airport transfer - this really should be included in your stay, especially considering this hotel charges a premium rate (I took a private taxi for ~200 INR).

Overall a nice hotel that is a few kinks away from being a 5 star property - I recommend staying here with the caveats above.

Room Tip: Event noise from convention center is subdued on higher floors
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ofLeisure
JW M, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel New Delhi Aerocity, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for sharing your stay experience. We are happy that you were impressed with our rooms, facilities, food spread as well as the overall ambiance of the hotel. However, we are disappointed to learn that your stay with us was less than perfect.

We assure you that we would work on the suggestions to provide a perfect experience on your next visit. Thank you for your valuable feedback and we look forward to welcoming you soon.

jaipur
Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

The hotel is located near to airport is a new property . The welcome was very warm , The check in process was smooth but the room was spacious , big washroom nice ambience , The food and service of in room dining is superb , The laundry services was too good , This hotel is simply a luxury , The beds were very comfortable , I called ask your service (guest services ) for all my needs were very professional and within no time it was attended , I also used hotels car which was clean and very comfortable wherein my chauffeur Ravinder drove very well was polite and courteous , I would surely come again with my family worth staying and value for money , The team is very motivated and helpful , The check out was smooth . I highly recommend this hotel .

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at JW Marriott Hotel New Delhi Aerocity and also for reviewing us on TripAdvisor. We express our gratitude for your kind acknowledgement of our service areas, food spread and the overall ambience of the hotel that was at par with your expectations.

Your appreciation of our associates motivates them to perform better and helps maintain the benchmark of world-class hospitality. We thank you for staying with us at JW Marriott Hotel New Delhi Aerocity and look forward to welcoming you soon.

Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 15 December 2013

This hotel is very new and it shows. I found that staff, while trying to be helpful, became rather annoying with their zeal to serve. You cannot walk through the lobby without being harassed many times with staff wanting to direct you, carry your bag etc. The room I had on my recent 1 night stay was only average. For the price they charge (very expensive even for the "introductory rate") I expect a room with a better finish and higher cleanliness. I have stayed in other JW Marriott's and they routinely display the flagship accommodation for the Marriott chain but this one is not there yet. The restaurant was also a disappointment. The club sandwich is always a standard by which you can evaluate a hotel restaurant and this one was one of the most mediocre I have ever had with the bread slathered in butter and with only minimal fillings. Overall the only thing this hotel currently has going for it is its location. I am sure that when the staff settles down things will improve but right now it is a grossly overpriced letdown.

1 Thank Mark T
JW M, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel New Delhi Aerocity, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Delhi and regret that your experience at JW Marriott Hotel New Delhi Aerocity was not at par with your expectations.

Though we are glad to receive your excellent rating about our location, we regret that we couldn’t offer you service and dining options as per your expectation. We assure you that we would take corrective measures to provide a stay par excellence on your next visit.

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback and look forward to welcoming you soon.

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I had a conference to attend at the JW Marriott – Aerocity in New Delhi. I was pleasantly surprised that this is one of the first hotels that actually is 10 minutes from the airport and that is really not a lie  the Hotel is stunning at very well located. So if the business traveler has work in Gurgaon or Delhi this is the perfect spot. It is situated bang in the center. The hotel is very well built and with a superb taste. It smells of luxury from the time you step into the place. The staff is very well trained and polite. I was particularly impressed with the restaurant called K-3 – this restaurant has 3 kitchens and hence is known as K-3. Italian, Indian and Oriental. Apart from this the hotel also has a Specialty Japanese restaurant. I did not get a chance to visit the place but I've only heard good stuff. The breakfast buffet like all Marriott Hotels is an absolute stunner. This hotel also lives up to the fact that – Marriott hotels in India serve the best breakfast. I wanted to extend my stay for a day – I couldn't, the hotel was sold out. Instead of being upset I was actually impressed that the hotel is not even a few weeks old and so popular. Good show. Next time I will plan better…

Room Tip: Book in advance, try the advance purchase option on Marriott.com. always works for me.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
JW M, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel New Delhi Aerocity, responded to this review, 16 December 2013