“Trying Hard to Please”

JW Marriott Hotel New Delhi Aerocity
Ranked #10 of 777 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Almost everything about the hotel and staff are perfect! I say almost only because the location is rather isolated. But even that has advantages. Very close to the airport, it is great when you are arriving at 2 am, as I did. On the other hand it is located in a newly developed area and is surrounded by mostly unfinished buildings with just a few of the international hotel brands being open. Mostly is is a huge construction area. There is no where to walk should you be so inclined.

The hotel had the BEST service I have ever experienced. It felt as though everyone had learned my name within one day and acknowledged me by name, the namaste greeting and a smile. I can't say enough about how dedicated the staff were to providing exceptional service.

The restaurants were all great. I had very updated sushi one night at Akira Back. It was fresh, beautifully presented and had a twist, presumably the Korean influence on the dishes. K3 is the breakfast and lunch buffet restaurant, and presumably dinner although I only had lunch and breakfast at the this restaurant. Offering selections of three basic types of dining: Indian, western style or asian, it felt as though the three sections were competing to get me to try their dishes. All were well done, tasty and representative of their regions without being too extreme. They all seemed more than happy to custom prepare a dish for me.

A word of warning about the lounge. A comfortable place where one night the men of a wedding party were having a few drinks, dressed in festive clothing and enjoying themselves, the setting is quite nice. The trick is not to order drinks with American alcohol. Two of us ordered a few drinks and ended up with a very big bill. American brands are very dear at the lounge. Switched to Kingfisher beer and Indian brands after that.

The room was very well designed with the bathroom shower being the high point for me. Both an overhead rain shower head and a powerful handheld shower were available with sufficient water pressure to make the shower a nice experience. The beds were, as expected, great quality and comfortable. Everything in the room was new, well designed and functioned well. The views from the rooms were either of the courtyard area or of buildings under construction. Interestingly I never heard any airplane nor construction noise.

Quick note about security: It was almost startling to go through such security at a hotel. Cars are checked underneath, under hood and in trunk and presumably a bomb-sniffing dog circles the vehicle before admission to hotel grounds. Then it is passing through a metal detector and a luggage X-ray. It felt very safe at this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
JW M, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel New Delhi Aerocity, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing your valuable time in writing this review and allowing us to facilitate your needs during your recent stay with us. It is indeed nice to know that our services met your expectations and added to your experience.

As you have mentioned, JW Marriott Hotel New Delhi Aerocity is located in proximity to the airport and is a popular choice among travelers on the go. Safety of our guests is our topmost priority and we are glad to receive your appreciation about the steps we take to ensure their safety. We are also happy to know that we could please your palate at our dining outlets and extend a wholesome experience.

We thank you again for appreciating our services and amenities on this forum and would be delighted to serve you when you visit the city next.

Balan Paravantavida

Write a ReviewReviews (2,201)

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Unfortunately, I only stayed in this hotel for about 10 hours before a very early morning flight. However, I was so impressed that I'm going back tomorrow when I pass through Delhi again, and am looking forward to 24 hours of HEAVEN. It is new, beautifully designed and quite stunning. I was taken straight to the executive club area for check in, sat down while they took my passport and then brought me the bit to sign, and then off to my room on the same floor. Rooms are truly beautiful with a very interesting bathroom arrangement that is difficult to describe, but lovely to use. Bed was like sinking into a cloud; plenty of room and I had a few hours comfortable sleep. Cannot speak more highly of this hotel, although I haven't tried the food yet!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
JW M, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel New Delhi Aerocity, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your wonderful review that is a perfect reflection of our service culture. The entire team is happy to know that you enjoyed every moment of your short stay at our hotel and are eagerly looking forward to pamper you with the best of our offerings during your next visit. Every aspect of the JW Marriott Hotel New Delhi Aerocity, is designed keeping the comfort of our guests as top most priority.

Once again, many thanks for your kind remarks about the different facets of our hotel and we look forward to your continued patronage.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Overall, this was a great hotel. New, very clean,excellent service (a little much at times - but better than the alternative!), and great gym. The restaurants are great - good selection of food including a great Sushi restaurant.

The only small complaints I have are: the Internet connection is spotty, I was told they are working to improve this, but it was a little annoying at times. The pool is pretty small - particularly, for a hotel with 500 rooms (planned), but we'll have to see how that goes as there are only 3 floors complete at this time. Located within 15 minutes of the airport, there isn't much going on in the area, and it isn't very central to anything.

Nit picky complaints, but if you're going to be there longer than a week, or if you plan to go out often, the location might be an issue. 4/5 stars.

Room Tip: Not a bad idea to be reasonably close to an elevator - can be a trek if you aren't as it is a la...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for reviewing the experience you had at JW Marriott Hotel New Delhi Aerocity on this traveler’s forum. Guest feedback forms an integral part of our growth process and we thank you for praising our offerings and also highlighting the area of concern. It makes us glad to know that you found our accommodation options, recreational alternatives and dining outlets worthy of appreciation.

In regards to the concern that you have raised, we want to reassert that we are looking at it and assure you that you will enjoy fast and undisturbed internet connection during your next visit. We also agree that we are located away from the hustle and bustle of the city; however, our tranquil location also provides an ideal venue to relax and unwind.

Once again, many thanks for checking in at our hotel in New Delhi. Your patronage and feedback are important to us and we hope you will continue honoring us with your regular visits.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

We stayed at this property for 4 nights while we were in India (my friend and I, both females), our room was immaculate and the service we received was some of the best I have ever received anywhere in the world. The rooms are big and spacious; they provide you with free bottled water throughout your stay. The hotel is fairly new it opened in Oct 2013, so it’s upgraded with nice features as far as tv, bathroom and the plugs in the room are universal (I am American so I didn't need any converter). We did have to pay for WIFI but that is standard for JW Marriott’s, I do believe they offered free wifi in the lobby but I like the convenience in my room.

We used the hotel to have a driver take us around for our time in Delhi, also we used them to book our day trip to the Taj Mahal (I will say we did pay more then what a lot of people charged, like local tour companies and etc… for a day trip to the Taj, but I made it there and back in 1 piece with no issues or horror stories, some of which I have read on tripadvisor.) Sohan Singh was our driver for our trip and he was AMAZING!!!!! He drove appropriately and not crazy like everyone else in India, he waited for us and walked with us everywhere we went, he really made us feel safe and comfortable at all times!

Everyone was really wonderful at the hotel; just really go above and beyond to make sure our stay went well. We had went to the bake shop in the mornings for breakfast and at night (after 8pm all desserts are ½ off) and on our last night Atul gave use a few little chocolates in our bag as a parting gift.

At the restaurant one night we got the buffet so we could really try lots of Indian food, I had made the mistake of thinking the Cesar dressing was hummus. Jatin, the gentlemen working the bar and I had a small conversation and laughed about how stupid I was and then about 5 minutes later he showed up at my table with a small bowl of hummus! I was soo shocked, it really made our night.

It was just little things like that by all the employees that really made our stay wonderful.
We did have an issue upon check out with our rate, we had booked a rate that we did not I guess qualify for, when we checked in we did sign a paper that stated the rate, but I signed it without really reading it (we checked in around 2:30 am after a full day of traveling), I just wished that someone would have communicated that with us and make the point that our rate had been changed because when we went to check out it caused a huge issue for us as far as what we had budgeted and really left available on our credit cards to pay. There were plenty of emails exchanged prior to arrival, which would have been the opportunity to just let us know or even at check in just say hey you booked this rate but we have to change it because of this reason. Things could have been made clearer on the website when we book as well. So that was really disappointing way to end our journey in India.

However, besides that my friend and I were very apprehensive about going to India based on things I had read and been told about as a female traveling to India with no male supervision but we had a really wonderful time in New Delhi and despite our very disappointing departure experience I would go back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
JW M, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel New Delhi Aerocity, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear Guest,

It is a pleasure reading your detailed review on this forum and to learn about the different aspects of your stay experience. As much as we are happy to know that our associates could pamper you with detailed attention and add value to your experience, we regret the inconvenience that you faced during the departure. The error in the communication is sincerely regretted and we assure you that your next visit with us will be bereft of any such hassles. However, we are glad to know that in spite of the glitch in the end, you left our hotel with pleasant memories and would honor us with a revisit in the future.

We thank you again for choosing JW Marriott Hotel New Delhi Aerocity during your recent trip to India and look forward to be at your service again.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Just what you would expect from Marriott. It is a good break after few bad hotels in other towns.
Rooms are well decorated, clean and comfortable bed. Nice shower/Bathroom.
Restaurant is also very good.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
JW M, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel New Delhi Aerocity, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review following your stay at JW Marriott Hotel New Delhi Aerocity. It was a pleasure serving you at our hotel and we are glad to know that you were satisfied with our services. Your kind remarks about our rooms, upkeep, amenities and dining outlets have inspired the entire team to continue offering the best of everything to our esteemed guests.

We thank you again for checking in at our hotel in New Delhi. We are glad to know that we could provide you a welcome break and hope you would continue honoring us with your patronage.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Nothing so great but it is as JW marriott way ... Rooms are big and good , bathrooms also good . Its a new property. But building is still in making . Price is not that justified .
Ya, breakfast is too good at K3 restaurant . Staff is very courteous . More of a business and transit hotel ...

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your valuable input on your recent stay with us. Guest feedback is important to us as it gives us new perspective about our performance and helps us improve.

We are glad to know that we could please you with our breakfast spread and service levels. We strive to provide every guest with a comfortable stay and we hope you would soon give us another opportunity to serve you with a remarkable stay experience.

We also want to inform you that now you can stay in touch with us 24*7 by following us on Facebook and Twitter and also get updates on our latest offers and upcoming events. Once again, thank you for your patronage and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back at our hotel in New Delhi soon.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

From the Airport pick up by the hotel to the check out it was a smooth and hassle free. stayed in this place in feb for 3 days, and had nothing much to complain about. The rooms were very spacious, loved the styling of the bathrooms (with non claustrophobic shower area), and huge crystall ballrooms (with ready to be partitioned if required).
The food was well in keeping up to the standard of the hotel, and exceeded beyond expectations..Every dish knew which taste buds they had to tickle in the perfect sense.A special mention of the breakfast buffet is needed as it had the largest variety of cuisines and a lavish spread of variety.
This is one place where you realise how good hospitality can be personified .

Keeping up the good work requires constant checks, so best of luck!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
JW M, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel New Delhi Aerocity, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear Guest,

It is a pleasure to read your wonderful feedback and to know that you enjoyed your sojourn at our hotel right from the onset. It is our objective to extend a completely satisfying experience and we are glad to receive an acknowledgement of our efforts in your testimony. Your kind remarks about our breakfast spread and bespoke service have been shared with the entire team, much to their delight.

We thank you again for giving us a chance to play your host at JW Marriott Hotel New Delhi Aerocity and appreciating our offerings on this forum. Your feedback is an inspiration to the entire team, which eagerly looks forward to be at your service again.