“Good Hotel with poorly trained staff”

JW Marriott Hotel New Delhi Aerocity
Ranked #12 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
India
“Good Hotel with poorly trained staff”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

JW Marriott Aerocity, New Delhi is brand new hotel located in Airport area. Although hotel is very good but its staff right from welcome desk to check-in to restaurant etc need urgent training to make guest's stay comfortable. We stayed in hotel for two nights (two rooms) and despite being Marriott member, no appropriate advise about hotel facilities was given to us at the time of check-in. Rooms are very good, but other hotels in Delhi have better rooms. View from rooms is pretty bad, hence you have to keep your curtain drawn all the time. Swimming pool is small and area is noisy due to closeness to the airport. The restaurant(s) are good, especially 'Akira Back' is excellent. However, the staff, especially at reception of 'Akira Back' is poorly trained and despite having reservation we had problem in getting table at 'Akira Back'.
Overall it is a world class property, but they seriously need to work on training of its staff.

Room Tip: Rooms facing hotel garden have little better view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Antony P, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel New Delhi Aerocity, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing a detailed account of your stay.

At JW Marriott New Delhi Aerocity, it is our constant endeavor to provide our guests with the best services and facilities. Thus, we are disappointed to know that your experience with us has not been at par with your expectations. The issues raised by you have been shared with the teams and measures have been taken in the best interest of our valued patrons. I am sure you will find a marked change on your next visit and will enjoy your stay with us.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you soon.

Antony Page

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Oman
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stayed at JW Aerocity with my family , from 25th july to 27th July for 2 nights . Had problem with the airconditioning and telephone system which were not working in my room on the 1st night and could not move to another room , as my son had slept off already by 11 pm . JW staff changed my room the next day evening , once we got back from a day trip to agra . The staff are good and polite , the rooms are clean and nice but the staff could have gone out of their way , to make up for the problems in the room . Breakfast was good with a lot of variety . I had a net rate including government taxes but at time of checkout -the bill had added taxes over and above my net rate , had to state that to them with proof of booking again to get that corrected . From a Brand like JW , I do not expect such errors from their staff , when I had already provided them my booking proof at time of check-in . Was a bit disappointed with JW Aerocity as having stayed in other JW hotels , this was a let down for me and my family on this short trip to Delhi . Hope the next time around , I do not have such problems staying with JW Marriott , Aerocity .

Room Tip: choose higher floor facing the outside , room away from the lift .
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Antony P, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel New Delhi Aerocity, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Mr.Venkateshramaswamy,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing a detailed account of your stay.

At JW Marriott New Delhi Aerocity, it is our constant endeavor to provide our guests with the best services and facilities. Thus, we are disappointed to know that your experience with us has not been at par with your expectations. As a luxury establishment we are proud to be able to consider ourselves as setting the bar for service standards. It is deeply regretful that you were a victim of a rare lapse in those standards. The issues raised by you have been shared with the teams and measures have been taken in the best interest of our valued patrons. I am sure you will find a marked change on your next visit and will enjoy your stay with us.

Best Regards,
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I recently spent two days in this property. I think following points are worth to mention.
1-I was there due to a conference so my most time spent on ballroom.
2-ballroom have world class standard with very good audio visual quality.
3-I enjoyed conference as well as their hospitality.
4-I have also relaxed their lobby during conference and i can safely say it is one of the finest in new delhi.
5-They have lot of space so their food presentation is also good. There is also scope for improvement.They should put non veg iteams sepretaly as there is no derth of space. It will also give comfort to vegetations. Beside it their presentation was good with show cases of ginger, onions, spices etc.
6-They should also improve their bakery iteams with more choices of cookies, breads, pastries, cakes etc. as i have not seen any veg cake or pastry during two days.
7-Their paneer items are always good. Chef job in this regard is commendable.
8-They should concentrate on fresh fruit juices and snacks iteams.
9-Their washrooms are worth to mention. They have much needed sepreation walls. It is one of the best in new delhi.
10-Besides all above things they even lack WOW factor. I think main reason behind it is staff training and proper instructions to outsourcing agencies. In this regard i am happy to help if management wants my services.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank 21711
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for visiting us at JW Marriott New Delhi Aerocity and reviewing us in this forum.

We are delighted to read your review of our hotel.Located near the airport, we are a preferred choice for business and leisure travelers around the world and your acknowledgement of the same pleases us. It is heartening to know that you had a good time here and our specialized services and facilitiesmet with your expectations. Your wonderful review has been shared with our associates and they are thrilled and motivated. We have also noted your suggestions and recommedations to further improvise on our service experience .

Thank you again for making us your hospitality partner. We look forward to welcome you again soon.

Pune
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Had a very short stay in the Hotel between transfer from an international flight to a domestic flight. Was impressed with the Hotel. The impression begins at the Airport where you are transferred from the Airport. Check-in was smooth and fast even though we checked in as a group. The room was great with all amenities, great sized room and bath. Liked concept of sliding partition for bath-tub. Check-out was also smooth. Was impressed with the professionalism of the hotel staff.

1 Thank ShirishBPune
Antony P, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel New Delhi Aerocity, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for staying with us at JW Marriott New Delhi Aerocity and reviewing us in this forum.

Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I especially love the lobby area because of the calming ambiance.

I was there for 2 nights but was out for day trips hence did not spend much time enjoying the facilities.

I like how is it near the airport as we took a tour that came to the hotel to pick us up, so it was not a problem.
Only complain is that there is no view from the hotel as the area was still in construction.

I love the breakfast!
Everything was so delicious especially the variety of cakes and breads, really impressed me.

Oh, the bathtub strategically placed with open window to the room is also amazing, a fascinating experience. My skin and hair was not used to the India water however, the shampoo and conditioner provided by the hotel was lovely! I was so glad that it suited me.

JW Marriott Aerocity does live up to its name.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Antony P, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel New Delhi Aerocity, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to read your shining review of our hotel.Located near the airport, we are a preferred choice for business and leisure travelers around the world and your acknowledgement of the same pleases us. It is heartening to know that you had a good time here and our specialized services and facilities exceeded your expectations. Your wonderful review has been shared with our associates and they are thrilled and motivated.

Central Florida, Florida
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I don't usually take the time to write extensive reviews, but this time I am glad and convinced it is the right thing to do.

The JW Marriott at aero city in New Delhi is just an amazing property, aside from the decoration, style, luxury and physical plant (which are all done in a fantastic fashion)......it is the STAFF that takes center stage.

Service and friendliness is core standard and you will find it all over this well ran property.

Impeccable rooms with up-to-date amenities ......first class cuisine (I was lucky to experience Chef Daniel Italian promotion!, superb flavours and quality.

Culinary experience for everyone's taste, Indian food, chineese specialties and western ....you won't go home hungry.

Summary , this is the place to stay in New Delhi......good job to the entire staff and thanks for a wonderful, productive and relaxing week.

Room Tip: All rooms are impeccable and fully loaded with amenities ......my favorite, any room look at the poo...
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for staying with us at JW Marriott New Delhi Aerocity and taking time out to share this extensive review of us .

Located near the airport, we are a preferred choice for business and leisure travelers around the world and your acknowledgement of the same pleases us. We are delighted to read your shining review of our hotel.It is heartening to know that you had a good time here and our specialized services and facilities exceeded your expectations. Your wonderful review has been shared with our associates and they are thrilled and motivated.

CA
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I didn't get a full chance to check out all this hotel has to offer, but it is among the nicer properties I've ever stayed at. Before I go into the good stuff, I'll give it's one knock, it is right by the airport, amidst about 6 or 7 other hotels, and there is absolutely nothing else there, but dirt and some construction.
They pick you up in a nice car from the airport and have convenient return as well in vehicles such as Audi A8's.
Upon arrival, and a simple security check and baggage xray, you are greeted by name when entering the hotel and given a blessing by 3 hotel staff.
No need to check in at the desk, you are walked to your room by desk staff who scan your passport etc by handheld scanner and who then cover all questions you may have about your stay and included amenities.
The rooms are nicely decorated with all you would expect in a 5 star hotel including large flat screen, stereo alarm clock with ipod dock, mini bar and fridge, desk, couch, very comfortable bed and fabulous bathroom that opens with the tub and shower to the room.
Did I mention that the tub/shower is really cool?
The common areas are clean and well maintained.
There are numerous restaurants on site and they are very good, well stocked and assorted and the staff is very friendly and helpful. In the morning, if you are in a hurry, they will get a bag for you and fill it up with goodies to go. I was late and they got me scrambled eggs within 2-3 minutes to go with my assorted cheeses and fresh pastries. In the evenings, the main restaurant, which is set up as a buffet/order at the counters of your choice style, has numerous different food choice offerings at at least 7 or 8 different "bars" where fresh food is being put out. They have both indian and western style foods as well a great dessert spread.
There is a really nice bar/lounge area near the lobby as well.
I hear they have a great spa, but didn't get a chance to check it out as I was just there overnight.
My wifi was free, but it may not be for everyone, mine was a corporate rate.
I don't normally give 5 stars to anything, and this is not the best hotel I've ever been in, but it does warrant the rating I think here and in this case. Even high end hotels in India tend to show wear and bad construction, but this one is top notch throughout from my experience and the staff was always very good.

1 Thank scottydoesntkno
Antony P, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel New Delhi Aerocity, responded to this review, 25 July 2014