“Bellissima”

Ranked #96 of 713 Hotels in New Delhi
heibloem
“Bellissima”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I was thoroughly delighted to spend two nights at the Dusit Devarana. I travel in and out of Delhi frequently and am always on the lookout for a beautiful place to recharge from the international flight and charge up for the business that I do in India. I have stayed at such hotels as the Radisson, The Imperial, The Taj, The Oberoi etc, but my hotel of choice would now be the Dusit. The serene atmosphere at the Dusit is greatly enhanced by the beautiful landscaping which includes softly lit reflecting pools and waterways, expansive grounds, world class bathrooms, and exceptionally spacious rooms. The fact that the buildings are well oriented in compliance with Vastu principles tempted me to try the Dusit Devarana, but ultimately it was the staff that sold me. I came to check out the hotel one evening and one of the managers, Varun, showed me around with such hospitality, professionalism, and enthusiasm, that I decided to try it out. I could not have been happier that I did. I was extremely comfortable and by the end of my stay I was more rested than I have felt from staying at any other hotel. Thank you to all the staff at the Dusit Devarana. I hope to return again on my next trip through Delhi.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the water are by far the nicest.
3 Thank granvesuvio
Birgit H, General Manager at The Roseate New Delhi, responded to this review, 15 October 2013

Namaskar!

Many thanks for your positive feedback about our hotel and for choosing us in particular. We appreciate the fact that you liked our hotel very much and we were able to meet rather exceed your expectations. I will certainly give a applause to the team members and we look forward to welcoming you back and will ensure the service standards are improved constantly to deliver to our esteemed and loyal guests like you.

Thanks

Area General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Genk, Limburg, Belgium
Reviewed 13 October 2013

What to say...

I stayed here for 4 nights to attend an opening of my client in Delhi. This hotel is only 15min from the DELHI international airport which is excellent as you cannot trust the Delhi traffic jams.

The hotel, room ( tip: book with direct pool access) & restaurant and all the staff are close to perfection! For my job I have to travel all around the world, you cannot find many hotels like this. From the washbasin that is marbled out of one piece of granite, to the rainshower and quality of materials used only the best is good enough.

From the room you have direct access to a 107meter pool wich has beautiful mosaic tiles in black and glassblue.

Now after all this, the best is yet to come. The Restaurant are no words for, they deserve a Michelin star for sure. They are albe to give you 4 worldcuisines (westeren, indian, Italian and Asian) I tried them all, close to perfection.

I will certainly come back here next time i come to delhi!

Tip for fist time Delhi visitors, ask for the Hotel limo service to pick you up with their BMW, if will wost you less than the TAXI's that take advantage out of visitors.

Room Tip: Book a delux room, direct pool acess is worth the extra!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Tom_tribu
Birgit H, General Manager at The Roseate New Delhi, responded to this review, 17 October 2013

Namaskar!

Many thanks for the positive feedback and i am enlighten that you had a great time staying with us. This hotel is actually an exotic one away from the city's hustle and bustle and gives a sense of peace and connect with oneself. We look forward to welcome you back at Dusit Devarana New Delhi in near future.

Regards

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

Wonderful staff, good food and an amazing decor. Enjoyed the relationship with nature... Made one aware of how beautiful it can be. The ideal way to unwind and enjoy the beauty if life. Highly recommended to anyone who wants to really be pampered and enjoy a time out. The staff are very well trained and very thoughtful, to the point when a guest needed water for a cough, hot water lemon and honey was prepared in 1 min and served... Without us even asking. Going above the call to make one feel at home.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Namaskar!

Many thanks for the feedback and good to hear that you loved the hotel and the staff looked after you well. Also, will pass on the feedback to my team who will get motivated further to deliver exceptional services on your return once again. We look forward to having you back with us soon. Can't wait i must say.

Regards

Vlodrop, The Netherlands
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Our two-day stay was pure magic. The staff in their charming Rajasthani-style uniforms were there to welcome us with a Namaste, as if we were guests in a private home. They seemed genuinely delighted to host us, not only upon our arrival, but throughout our stay. They could not have been more attentive and pleasant. In the evening we attended the aarti in the little temple in the garden that had been part of the original property. In the early mornings we swam in the 102-meter lap pool hidden amongst the trees in the garden, enjoying the privacy of such a hidden pool. The rooms are indeed very spacious, with bathrooms incorporated into the room itself. At first we were skeptical about that aspect of the design, but it actually worked very well and gave a luxurious feeling. Usually I am eager to leave the hustle and bustle and pollution of Delhi, but every luxurious moment spent in this hotel was a heavenly treat and I look forward to coming again and again. Deva-rana means garden of the devas (gods) and indeed the thoughtfully planned garden setting is an important part of the magic of this hotel. Each day we went out and did some shopping in nearby Gurgaon, but when we came back to the hotel we were in a completely different world. We were one of the first visitors. It's too much to expect that we will have this heavenly retreat almost all to ourselves again in the future, but I hope it retains the unique mixture of abundant attention from the staff along with a feeling of quiet privacy.

Room Tip: "Premium pool view" is particularly nice.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Mahessori
Birgit H, General Manager at The Roseate New Delhi, responded to this review, 12 October 2013
Dear Mahessori,

Many thanks for the wonderful feedback and your experience at our property. This will eventually help us in enhancing our services much more as such positive feedbacks really motivates my team members when we share these with them. This hotel as mentioned by you is really a delight away from the city's hustle and bustle and works wonder in rejunevating and pampering oneself. Great gateway indeed to connect with your inner soul i would emphasize on. It was our pleasure to have you with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Warm Regards

Paris, France
Reviewed 28 September 2013

impressive architecture
I have a real great stay
i warmly recommend this hotel which must be one of the best I have seen recently
excellent service by well trained elegant staff
This hotel will be in top hotel of the world

1 Thank Murat B
Dear Murat B,

Many thanks for your positive feedback. I will definitely share the thoughts and your motivating words with my team which will infuse them with tremendous energy to maintain such standards and excellence.

Warm Regards

Kanpur
Reviewed 25 September 2013

There are no signages on the highway to direct you to the property. So be prepared to pay a bomb for the hotels pick up and drop service. They are yet to get a Bar license which was not known till a drink was asked for. On the positive side an excellent property , a bit opulent in the entrance and reception area but the room furnishings were nothing to talk about. Room size were just great and the best part were the room views specially the sofa style was pretty nice. I am sure will come again when it should be fully functional.

Room Tip: The garden views are great.
1 Thank Manusha2012
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Cldnt wait to write this review...
The minute we stepped in....we were super impressed ...with the architecture, the staff, the service....everything was splendid!!
I love the architecture.....the rooms are amazing.....we were even upgraded as we did not like the view from our room....the staff is very very friendly...special mention to Varun Balwani and Varun Kutty....they made all efforts to make our stay a pleasant one.....
Even though there were some loopholes.....but i wouldnt want to mention them as its just been a week that they have started operating...
Am definitely going back!!:-)

• Stayed September 2013
6 Thank rituarora78
Birgit H, General Manager at The Roseate New Delhi, responded to this review, 18 October 2013

Namaskar!

Many thanks for your feedback and hope you enjoyed the time spent at Dusit Devarana New Delhi. It is great to hear that the staff members were flexible to meet your request for a room change and to ensure that your stay was comfortable. We look forward to welcoming you back at your home away from home i.e Dusit Devarana New Delhi and give you another memorable experience.

Thanks

Pullman New Delhi Aerocity
#8 of 713 in New Delhi
Trident, Gurgaon
Trident, Gurgaon
#2 of 228 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,149 reviews

Been to The Roseate New Delhi? Share your experiences!