“weekend at dusit devarana”

The Roseate New Delhi
Ranked #91 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
New Delhi, India
“weekend at dusit devarana”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Had an awesome experience in this property. the staff is very polite, helpful and courteous.
Landscaping has been done beautifully. Rooms are well equipped comfortable and technologically updated.
Loved the place.I will surely visit this place again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank acankitchopra
Jaideep A, General Manager at The Roseate New Delhi, responded to this review, 26 June 2014

Namaskar!

Many thanks for your feedback and we really appreciate the time you must have spent in writing the same. Its a delight for us to know that you enjoyed the experience at the resort. Will pass on the compliments to the staff and to the top management. We look forward to welcome you back soon at Dusit Devarana.

Regards

Area General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We did not stayed there but tried their restaurant. We ordered soup on advice of one of their staff girl but we are unable to take it as it was like a nonveg foreign dish. So we left immediately. This experience cost us around Rs.600.Breads are not fresh. Starters were some foreign items which are also taste less. We have not tried their spa as it was very expensive in compare to othet 5 star hotels. We want to see their rooms that has been politely denied by front desk boy as it is not possible for him to entertain request after sun set.open space was only welcome touch of this property.

• Stayed May 2014
Jaideep A, General Manager at The Roseate New Delhi, responded to this review, 17 June 2014

Namaskar!

Many thanks for sharing your feedback and the time you must have spent in writing the same. We are concerned with your experience of your visit at the resort and would like to know more about what exactly happened in terms of our food & beverage. I will personally investigate on the show round part as we dont deny show rounds untill its at an very odd hour to ensure our resident guests are not disturbed with any bit of noise in the corridors. You can contact me on jaideep.anand@dusit.com or at yogesh.kapoor@dusit.com to discuss this at length. Rest be assured that we will take neccesary corrective actions and it should not mar your percpetion about the resort which is a wonderful product known for its services and experience. I look forward to hear from you on the same.

Best regards

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Spanning acres packed with mature trees in the heart of the city, spa resort Dusit Devarana is synonymous with modern luxury. Part of the Dusit International empire in alliance with The Bird Group, this landmark property boasts the most stunning architecture by architect Khun Lek Bunnag including a luxurious spa and fitness center, yoga pavilion and 102-meter long temperature-controlled outdoor swimming pool, salon and world cuisine restaurant KIYAN, contemporary bar IAH and soon-to-be-launched Michelin-starred Chinese restaurant KAI.

I was thrilled when I got the opportunity to stay there. The driveway led me to a courtyard with mammoth trees and walls of sand-blasted metal leaves acting as a sound barrier. Following a warm welcome by the staff and express check-in at the minimalist lobby I was escorted to the Devarana Premium Pool View Room opening into a 40-m private deck astride the pool shaded by lush foliage. Bliss! Everything about the 60-m room was uber luxurious including iPad in-room control system and large sunken tub (ideal for a bubble bath) overlooking the pool! The steam in the shower cubicle made me super relaxed and high-speed wireless Internet access ensured I gleefully shared photographs on Facebook as I lounged on the day bed overlooking the water body and feasted on 'Wok Fried Andaman Prawns' with steamed rice.

When it was time for Devarana Spa I was escorted there by a staff member. The spa's Thai décor made me feel I had transcended everyday life into an oasis where I indulged in the 90-minute signature treatment (review coming up shortly!) followed by a cold shower and hairdressing in the salon. I emerged from the spa at 6 p.m. stress-free and looking forward to a tour of the property with its lush meadows and stone slat paths across water bodies.. the huge pillars and the serene mandir on the property that has been there untouched before a house was transformed into a luxe hotel. It is no wonder then, that it has been bestowed with "Best Landscape Design" in NDTV Design and Architecture Awards? The spa resort is right out a magical fable.. the stuff of memories. Sigh!

The plan of action then was to open a bottle of red wine and sit on the deck with my feet in the pool as I waited for a friend to join me for dinner at KIYAN overlooking candle-lit water bodies. Due to the therapeutic treatment at the spa, the insomniac in me did not rear its head and I slept blissfully.. promising myself to wake up early and indulge in the spectacular view. Hours flew by as I had a wholesome breakfast of Eggs Benedict and grilled sausages, pancakes and fresh orange juice.. and soon it was time to check-out of paradise. The bill was ready and bags had been taken to the car by the time I left the room. Observing the lobby while checking out, I figured there's a reason it's so quietly compact: to prevent posing and gawking. After all high-roller guests don't want to be stared at while checking in or leaving. Thoughtful and well planned down to the minutest detail.

Room Tip: Stay in the Premium Pool Room!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank JASMEEN-DUGAL
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Love this place. The place has lovely setting. Everyone is courteous and one can never believe that such a wonderful place exists in delhi. I would love to be there more often. I love the swimming pool with most of the rooms.

Jaideep A, General Manager at The Roseate New Delhi, responded to this review, 7 June 2014

Namaskar!

Many thanks for your feedback and we appreciate the time you must have spent in writing the review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time at the resort and our top most categories which you have mentioned are quite exotic to view and to experience. We look forward to welcome you back soon.

Regards

Delhi
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This resort is just twenty minutes from my home, and is a true oasis. Modern, eclectic and elegant decor, wonderful service and a very refreshing pool which have a very river like feel where the highlights. The gardens are beautiful. The spa was average right now there is only multi cuisine restaurant where the Thai food is superlative. The Breakfast buffet however was a little disappointing. With Kai opening soon, the Chinese food should be gourmet feast.
The Pool rooms is pure contemporary chic ( though a little over clever when it comes to its totally i-pad controlled system does tend to malfunction) . Rooms could also do with some more sound proofing. The little sit out is great place to catch a meal and has a very private feel. It is a great weekend getaway--- and am sure we will go back.

Room Tip: Take a pool room!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank StyleSujata
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This is one of the best resort i have stayed so far and is a great treat to be there,amazing view you get from your room.The staff is so friendly and courteous.Pool is amazing and never ending leaves behind amazing memories.......

Room Tip: Must stay in their Devarana Pool Room!!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Toronto
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Spent a night at one of the newer properties in Delhi this weekend. We booked the Devarana pool room which boasts a private entrance to the lengthy pool. They first put us in room 109, which was totally malfunctional. The entire room is controlled via Ipad, however I had a lot of trouble as the lights would switch on and off automatically and the entertainment system wouldn't switch on.

We had requested to stay in room 101 as it is the most secluded, though if you have loud neighbours you will definitely hear them talking if you are outside. The room would be ready in a few hours so we moved and found the room to be much better, it seemed better maintained and all the features were functional.

The service is great, and you really feel like you have left Delhi and are on a tropical paradise, the pool was very dirty unfortunately but we still couldn't resist getting in. The menu is limited and pricey, but the food is good and doesn't take too long to arrive.

Would recommend this for a quick weekend getaway within the city!

Room Tip: If you're getting a Devarana pool room, opt for 101
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
#63 of 716 in New Delhi
Westin Sohna Resort and Spa
ITC Grand Bharat
ITC Grand Bharat
#3 of 233 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
JW Marriott Hotel New Delhi Aerocity
Andaz Delhi - A concept by Hyatt

Been to The Roseate New Delhi? Share your experiences!