“Holistic Experience”

Ranked #102 of 708 Hotels in New Delhi
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
“Holistic Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We had a wonderful experience of this unexplored heaven recently. The food there is out of the world and on top of it the ambiance is just breathtaking, Highly recommended for approaching monsoons when the resort will look its perfect 10,It rained for a while when we were there and it stopped unfortunately. Still this place has its own charm and uniqueness which cannot be find elsewhere in the city and is exotic in many ways. Spa was also a great experience and loved the welcome drink upon arrival with an express check in . Highly recommended for special occasions and must visit.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Jaideep A, General Manager at The Roseate New Delhi, responded to this review, 2 July 2014

Namaskar!

Many thank for your feedback and we really appreciate the time you must have spent in writing the feedback. Its great to hear that you enjoyed the hospitality at Dusit Devarana and liked the ambience of the resort too. We look forward to welcome you back soon at the resort.

Area General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Delhi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

I had never heard of this property and I was taken here for our anniversary by my wife. Initially I had my reservations with the approach and look of the property, not knowing what kind of service we would get.
But the greeting by Jyotika was very warm and Gaurav Shah had even arranged for flowers for us at the reception and was very cordial and accomodating to my wife.
In the restaurant Amit Negi was very helpful and courteous.
Rooms are beautiful and very well put together.
All in all if there was one thing that maybe desired a fix,it would have to be the tone of the guy on the phone when number 9 was dialed.

But a great property none the less.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Jaideep A, General Manager at The Roseate New Delhi, responded to this review, 26 June 2014

Namaskar!

Many thanks for your feedback and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed the special occassion at our resort. Shall definitely pass on the compliments to the team members which you have mentioned. I will also investigate on the tone of our operator and shall get back to you. We once again thank you for the time spent in writing the feedback and we look forward to welcome you back soon at the Dusit Devarana resort.

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

This resort truly justify the meaning of the word called “Luxury”. 8 Acres of land and 1000 trees with best staff and service levels. We came for Lunch on a nice weather day and were welcomed by chirping of birds and water bodies which were just enormous in size. It really dips the temperature what we really felt as we were walking inside with trees surrounding, landscapes and water all around. I was told that they also have “Kai” coming up shortly which will be an extension to Kai in London. This property is worth a visit in terms of experience and the fairy tale story kind of ambience, Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Had an awesome experience in this property. the staff is very polite, helpful and courteous.
Landscaping has been done beautifully. Rooms are well equipped comfortable and technologically updated.
Loved the place.I will surely visit this place again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank acankitchopra

Namaskar!

Many thanks for your feedback and we really appreciate the time you must have spent in writing the same. Its a delight for us to know that you enjoyed the experience at the resort. Will pass on the compliments to the staff and to the top management. We look forward to welcome you back soon at Dusit Devarana.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

We did not stayed there but tried their restaurant. We ordered soup on advice of one of their staff girl but we are unable to take it as it was like a nonveg foreign dish. So we left immediately. This experience cost us around Rs.600.Breads are not fresh. Starters were some foreign items which are also taste less. We have not tried their spa as it was very expensive in compare to othet 5 star hotels. We want to see their rooms that has been politely denied by front desk boy as it is not possible for him to entertain request after sun set.open space was only welcome touch of this property.

• Stayed May 2014
Jaideep A, General Manager at The Roseate New Delhi, responded to this review, 17 June 2014

Namaskar!

Many thanks for sharing your feedback and the time you must have spent in writing the same. We are concerned with your experience of your visit at the resort and would like to know more about what exactly happened in terms of our food & beverage. I will personally investigate on the show round part as we dont deny show rounds untill its at an very odd hour to ensure our resident guests are not disturbed with any bit of noise in the corridors. You can contact me on jaideep.anand@dusit.com or at yogesh.kapoor@dusit.com to discuss this at length. Rest be assured that we will take neccesary corrective actions and it should not mar your percpetion about the resort which is a wonderful product known for its services and experience. I look forward to hear from you on the same.

Best regards

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Spanning acres packed with mature trees in the heart of the city, spa resort Dusit Devarana is synonymous with modern luxury. Part of the Dusit International empire in alliance with The Bird Group, this landmark property boasts the most stunning architecture by architect Khun Lek Bunnag including a luxurious spa and fitness center, yoga pavilion and 102-meter long temperature-controlled outdoor swimming pool, salon and world cuisine restaurant KIYAN, contemporary bar IAH and soon-to-be-launched Michelin-starred Chinese restaurant KAI.

I was thrilled when I got the opportunity to stay there. The driveway led me to a courtyard with mammoth trees and walls of sand-blasted metal leaves acting as a sound barrier. Following a warm welcome by the staff and express check-in at the minimalist lobby I was escorted to the Devarana Premium Pool View Room opening into a 40-m private deck astride the pool shaded by lush foliage. Bliss! Everything about the 60-m room was uber luxurious including iPad in-room control system and large sunken tub (ideal for a bubble bath) overlooking the pool! The steam in the shower cubicle made me super relaxed and high-speed wireless Internet access ensured I gleefully shared photographs on Facebook as I lounged on the day bed overlooking the water body and feasted on 'Wok Fried Andaman Prawns' with steamed rice.

When it was time for Devarana Spa I was escorted there by a staff member. The spa's Thai décor made me feel I had transcended everyday life into an oasis where I indulged in the 90-minute signature treatment (review coming up shortly!) followed by a cold shower and hairdressing in the salon. I emerged from the spa at 6 p.m. stress-free and looking forward to a tour of the property with its lush meadows and stone slat paths across water bodies.. the huge pillars and the serene mandir on the property that has been there untouched before a house was transformed into a luxe hotel. It is no wonder then, that it has been bestowed with "Best Landscape Design" in NDTV Design and Architecture Awards? The spa resort is right out a magical fable.. the stuff of memories. Sigh!

The plan of action then was to open a bottle of red wine and sit on the deck with my feet in the pool as I waited for a friend to join me for dinner at KIYAN overlooking candle-lit water bodies. Due to the therapeutic treatment at the spa, the insomniac in me did not rear its head and I slept blissfully.. promising myself to wake up early and indulge in the spectacular view. Hours flew by as I had a wholesome breakfast of Eggs Benedict and grilled sausages, pancakes and fresh orange juice.. and soon it was time to check-out of paradise. The bill was ready and bags had been taken to the car by the time I left the room. Observing the lobby while checking out, I figured there's a reason it's so quietly compact: to prevent posing and gawking. After all high-roller guests don't want to be stared at while checking in or leaving. Thoughtful and well planned down to the minutest detail.

Room Tip: Stay in the Premium Pool Room!