“Interesting Cuisine”

Cuisines: Indian, Italian, Lebanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 February 2014

My wife and I chanced on this place when we were looking for places to eat on Republic Day when most eating places were closed. It is neatly tucked into Khan Market in the little lane at the back and has a range of cuisine to offer. Good ambience, comfortable seating, responsive service and polite staff - and to top it all - quite delectable food. In particular the Nihari Gosht stood out. We plan to be back to try some of the other interesting cuisine on offer.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

One of the best places in Delhi for one to lounge around with friends, amazingly novel drinks in very creative glasses and great music.

The ambiance on the first floor is endearing. It's brilliantly lit with nice chairs and a variety of wine bottles on display. Extremely chic!

Let me start out with a confession - I have visited this place on more than 5 occasions since it opened up. Why? Because there is something new I discover every single time. The managers and the staff are extremely warm and friendly. The way we were welcomed into the restaurant made us feel like guests, not customers.

Each time as soon as we entered, on a busy Friday evening or Saturday night, we had the immediate attention of the waiters. Once the waiters were all occupied and the manager stepped in to welcome us. We were served a delicious chat. We ordered the 'sharabi kebabi tikka' the first time, which is the signature starter at Trolleys. The server lighted it on fire, which offered some visual entertainment before we dug in! The meat was extremely succulent and brilliantly marinated. Apart from this we have tried pathar ke kabab and the mezze platter as well - they were each as good as the other, but sharabi kebabi remains my favorite!

The first time I was there, I ordered a beer and my more adventurous wife ordered an espresso martini - where had I heard that before? Nowhere! She was bowled over by her drink and we decided to the watermelon martini as well. This one was again a brilliant concoction of freshly squeezed juice and spirit. We have been trying a variety of cocktails as per the suggestions of the managers and the range and variety is mind blowing. I am looking forward to try out the various other cocktails!

For main course - we have tried a few cuisines. Dal Makhani with tandoori rotis and nans, Biryani, Chicken Almond Pasta, Pizza. But the Nihari Gosht is my favorite main course.

The sandalwood ice-cream for dessert is fabulous for its uniqueness - it is something your taste buds will go nuts about for never having experienced anything of the sort! We tried the baklava as well as the Chocolate Truffle. My wife does not like to experiment with her dessert (as opposed to her alcohol) and the Chocolate Truffle is her favorite signing off order.

And yes, I should add here that on Saturday, we were greeted by a magician - Shankar (I hope I have the name right!) - who showed us some amazing sleight of hand.

All in all, a great place - extremely well managed with options for having a quiet, relaxed meal with your loved ones (on the first floor) or partying with your friends with some great music. The balcony is very inviting - specially given the nice weather in Delhi right now.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

I went there with few of my friends. We were lucky that we got a table on the outside seating area. It has a real cosy feel to it. The sofa set are really very comfortable . The best part is the long HAPPY HOURS. The food is decent and service is great. It is one of the few places in India where the waiters actually introduce themselves as soon as u sit. I like that personal touch . The price is reasonable (its not cheap but for Khan Mkt standards it is ok). It is a nice place for families , friends and couples to hang out.

1  Thank gavaksh
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We just chanced across this place, and it turned out to be quite a find. The food is amazingly delectable, flavors soaked into every morsel. We had the sharabi tikka, patthar kabab and pizza. The service was good and efficient. The ambience was lovely and relaxed. Definitely one of the better restaurants i have visited.

1  Thank RKadam
Reviewed 22 January 2014

No doubt about professionalism and service quality but the good quality Pizza is not so far superior to the Big Chill or even the Dominos/Pizza Hut. Also, other cuisines such as Mediterranean or Middle-East are available in good quality but again the high prices are not commensurate with the location and the property.

If you need to have a really nice pizza or a pasta, there are several other places (apart from pizza chains) to go to at much better prices at much better places.

One more reason for visiting this place is liquor which is again not so friendly priced. I would not go here again.