“Avoid!!!”

J P Hotel & Resort
Ranked #170 of 708 Hotels in New Delhi
“Avoid!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

The front office staff leave a lot to be desired.
The check in took a long time. After presenting the reservation confirmation , we were simply asked to wait. After waiting for 15 minutes , when I enquired , I was told that the room is still getting ready. After a further 15 minute wait , we were given our room .
I had informed the front desk the previous evening , of my checkout time , early next day morning.
When we get down to checkout , we are told that the credit card machine is not working and the receptionist insisted on cash. I told them I was not carrying cash.
Then I am told that a hotel security guy will accompany me to the nearest ATM . The security guy then insists that I change my route for him and drop him back to the hotel. The receptionist comes down and starts getting into an argument with the driver of the car. Both insistent that , I change my route to go to an ATM . I suggest that , there would be ATMs on the way . But they are more keen on the arrangements for their coming back.

The food is priced atrociously and definitely not worth the price.
Overall , avoid this place if you can. The staff is horrible. The prices exorbitant.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Srinidhi K
JPHotelDelhi, General Manager at J P Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Sir,
It was indeed a great privilege of having hosted you as a guest in our hotel. We are really grateful that you could spare a few moments of your precious time to review our property and sir, these reviews are very precious as these help us to improve our services in the best interest of our clients.

We would be greatly honored to re host you at our property, and reassure you of our best services at all times.

Shailender Kapoor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

Enjoyed my stay at J P Hotel thoroughly. The room was spacious and clean. The bed was comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. The Duty Manager even provided a car with driver to send me to the nearby mall for shopping. Overall, impeccable service and looking forward to stay here again in my next trip to East Delhi!!!

Room Tip: higher floor rooms are bigger as i got on the 6th floor:)))
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank dhirajmalhotra74
JPHotelDelhi, General Manager at J P Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Mr. Dhiraj Malhotra,

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

I was thoroughly satisfied with my stay at the J P Hotel & Resorts. The staff were extremely courteous and the breakfast was very nice, supported by very attentive staff at the restaurant. I used to stay at the Radisson during my earlier visits to Noida and I did not feel anything lacking staying at this hotel for a change. Further more very convenient location as it is just 45 min to international airport by avoiding all the city traffics.

i would like to stay at this hotel whenever possible in near future!!!

Dan Tan ( Singapore)

Room Tip: higher floor 7 corner room was amazing with lot of space!!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Dan_Tan_Sg
Dear Sir,

Mumbai, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

The hotel as such is a good one, very comfortable beds, largely clean, well structured. The upgraded Executive rooms are recommended. Breakfast was more about numbers than taste. The South Indian fare was bad. It can al;so get quite crowded with a bunch of wedding guests all pouncing at once. But the worst thing about this place is the Guests relation Manager - Ms. Unmani Kapoor. She is now a micro celebrity with a lot of negative reviews about her lack of credibility on the web. She is the most untrustworthy person possible in the hospitality industry. She has a habit of denying bookings, over booking the hotel, putting the blame back on the guests, shifting them forcibly to another hotel, etc. It has happened to my colleague who had tarveleld with me but joined a day later, even though i had booked his room well in advnce along with mine. She has no qualms about her attitude to guests and doesn't think for a second before turning back on her commitments. and yes, the bottle fo water costs more than a hundred rupees. If you could somehow eliminate the lady from this hotel, the hotel is not too bad as such. Please make sure you are not as unlucky as me though to have a party happening on your floor. A group of 10 Delhi brats holed up in one room on our floor, with blaring music in the middle of the night, more liquor than they can handle and no control on their temper and tanturms. But this happens right!!!!! The location isnt great, further worsened by the ongoing Metro work near the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for an executive room at the same price as a basic Deluxe room, it is possible. Also make sure t...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank suranasunil
Manager12342014, General Manager at J P Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Guest,
My apologies for the discomfort that you had to undergo in our hotel. This is an one off incident and we assure you that we shall take special care whenever you are visiting us again.
best regards
Shailender kapoor
Mumbai, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

So it was my close friend's wedding and it was hosted at this hotel. So, basically there was no choice but to stay here!
Its a new looking property with decent rooms but very poorly maintained and very poor management.
Lets start with the rooms- I had a twin bedded room on the 5th level. 501 to be precise. 2 hours after checking in, the room was still warm. We complained, nothing happened. Then I made a bigger noise and someone from maintenance showed up. We checked out the aircon, said that the filter was choked. He said that the back up aircon plant was turned off and dashed away from the room. After another hour the aircon started working and we had to go down to attend the pre-wedding functions. We returned back to the room at 11pm. Room was warm. We thought it would cool down since we had just plugged in the key; but nothing happened. The first night was spent sleepless in the roasting room with my wife, mother and small kid.
I made a big noise the next day. It was a whole day of wedding celebrations hence we were not in the room. When we got back to the room at 6pm...tired, again the room was warm and no signs of aircon working. I lost it and said a few strong things to the front desk on phone. I walked down and gave my piece of mind to the front desk person. Now, they offered to change rooms when I told them I would check out! I went to my friend's room (the bride groom- Room 507)- and it was the same story there. A roasting hot room. My friend was not happy either but he was too busy with his own marriage hence decided not to complain.
Upon further digging in I found out that the hotel was keeping their aircon plant shut at most times of the day due to less occupancy. The only people in the hotel were the ones attending the wedding!!
Fixtures in washroom were rusted. Towels and linen of very poor quality. Toiletries were horrible. Every request on the phone would have to be placed thrice at least before someone would show up. The staff was on the verge of being rude.
Coming to the Food- HORRIBLE and HELL EXPENSIVE. A bottle of water costs more than 100 Rs with VAT, Service charges, service taxes and what not! The wedding food was way below average, room service food was poor and cold, the breakfast was horrible (instant coffee mixed in Hot water was served as Black Coffee for breakfast!!). And we were paying the price of food in five star hotels at this place. What a SHAME!
Lastly, this hotel is not even in Delhi! It took us 900 Rs by Taxi to get there from the airport and my friends told me that the Hotel is in UP rather than Delhi !! What a horrible and messy place!
If it was not my friends wedding and had I been paying through my own pocket, this Hotel was up for some serious confrontation on bill settlement. There is no way I would have paid them!
Please AVOID. There are way cheaper places in proper Delhi with way better pricing and facilities compared to this place.

Room Tip: No tip is a good tip! Do not stay here!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank path_well_trodden
Dear Guest,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience experienced by you during your stay with us.We also thank you for your sincere and eye opening comments. We have seriously taken up the matter and all necessary amendments have been put to place.
Sir, we are very much in Delhi, and as far as the the amenities go we have fresh amenities in place.As for the food we have already a team of people who taste the food before serving the same to the guest.
We request you to give us another chance to serve you and to show case the professionalism that we are maintaining.Your feed back has been of great help to us in improving our standards.
best regards