“Nice people”
Review of Tavisha Hotel

Tavisha Hotel
Ranked #339 of 728 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Tavisha is billed as 4 star but 3 is the most it could have by European standards. Food is very good, however, and freshly made each time. Staff is very friendly and do all they can to help. It is on a main road and the traffic is extremely heavy, so much so that during the night I was woken up by big vehicles shaking the bed. Thought at first it was an earthquake but got used to it in a week's stay. Earplugs are essential, though rooms at the back are a bit better. Beds are changed daily and the hotel is very clean. Promised wi-fi was rarely available and certainly not in the bedrooms. Someone on duty 23/7.

Room Tip: Get a room at the back.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
FOMTAVISHA, Front Office Manager at Tavisha Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2015

Dear Guest,

we are most delighted to read your comprehension on the services and facilities rendered by the associates at the hotel. I have shared your words of appreciation with the team, and they were extremely happy to hear from you. It is comments such as yours that motivate our associates to offer even higher levels of excellence and we shall make every effort to continue to live up to your expectations in future as well.

Thanking you and assuring you of our best attention at all times.

Prasanta Swain

Reviewed 11 February 2014

The rooms were fairly nice at Tavisha hotel, quite modern and the beds were comfortable.
The staff were nice and helpful. However we believe they overcharge when booking a taxi through the hotel compared to some other places.
The resturant food was ok.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thanking you and assuring you of our best attention at all times.

Prasanta Swain

Reviewed 9 February 2014

I booked two rooms in Tavisha Hotel, New Delhi for 6th and 7th February, 2014 (One night). I was told that it is a four star hotel. I had paid Rs. 11,928/62 (exhorbitant indeed !) per room per night.

I am pained to say that the Hotel is very bad. The room furniture is torn and not at all maintained. I am sending photographs taken by me my tablet showing the extremely poor condition of the furniture in my room (room No. 203). The lighting arrangement in the room is very poor, there was no table lamp. The curtains are not clean at all. The food quality is also not good. The safe for keeping money was not working. We were made to wait for half an hour (beyond 12 noon ) before we were allotted our rooms.

I have a feeling of having been cheated.

I would rate the hotel not more than one star (that is, if I have to rate it at all).

I do not like to write bad about any hotel, but if I do not write in this case, others will be cheated and as an enlightened citizen and consumer I must point out the facts.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Ashoklalbhai

Dear Guest,

Firstly, thank you for taking out your valuable time to share your candid and constructive feedback.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience reported during your recent stay at the Hotel. Kindly be rest assured that I have taken up the matter strongly with the department concerned and immediate action has been taken to prevent such recurrences in future. We do hope you will treat this incident as one off case and not the usual standards.

Apologizing once again,

Warm Regards,

Prasanta Kumar Swain,

Reviewed 19 January 2014

We actually stayed here twice - once in December 2013 with a reservation and again in January 2014 out of desperation when we missed our flight back home. Both times, we were glad that we chose this hotel and its amazing staff. The hotel is located in a safe neighborhood with convenient access to the local market around the corner (make sure you find the small grocery store for extended stays!) The hotel had free, reliable WiFi and a decent selection of cable TV. The beds were nice and comfortable, even though the sounds of traffic from the heavily traveled highway nearby can be a nuisance if you don't bring earplugs. The free breakfast buffet in the mornings were simple, but delicious. The rooms are well-kept and the bathrooms are well-stocked. We hired a driver through the hotel to take us around the city, and even though he did not speak English very well, he was very polite and did his job well without taking us to places where he would get a kickback (from what we experienced, a rarity in this city/country). Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel for travelers looking for a reasonably priced stay in Dehli.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jarrod3573
TavishaHotelDelhi, Manager at Tavisha Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for choosing Tavisha Hotel , New Delhi during your visit to Delhi and giving us opportunity to serve you twice.

We really appreciate your positive feedback about the hotel and the services and we are glad that you liked our hospitality.

Looking forward to Welcome you again at Tavisha

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Tavisha Hotel is a well appointed, modern property situated in a safe neighborhood and very convenient to tourist attractions. There is free WiFi in the whole hotel, a big plus. The breakfast is a good rotation of hot and cold items. While the entire staff made our 6 night stay enjoyable, we received above-and-beyond service from the hotel GM, Mr. Niraj Saini. He took considerable time and effort to make sure we were comfortable and helped with our train tickets, car and driver, and even gave us pointers for our trip itinerary. It would not have been the same trip without his gracious care. I'd also like to recognize some of his excellent staff, namely: Raveena at the Front Desk, Shashi and Dipesh in the Restaurant, and Shailender and Rinki in Housekeeping. I'm sure there are others staff who I never met, but who worked hard to make our stay so enjoyable.

We stayed at 3 different hotels during our regional trip, and Tavisha Hotel stands out as the one that made us feel like we were at home.

The neighborhood was a plus, as there was a western-style grocery store (Modern Bazaar), a chemists, and many ATMs (Standard Chartered, CITI, HSBC, etc) nearby. There's even a Domino's and McDonald's close by if you're craving it, and 2 Cafe Coffee Day locations. Also, it's a pretty straight trip from the airport.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank A C

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for staying at Tavisha Hotel, New Delhi and sharing your valuable feedback with us. It gives us immense pleasure to know that you had a comfortable stay and enjoyed our Hospitality and services.

We are happy to know that you enjoyed the breakfast at the hotel and also found hotel staff specially F&B and front desk courteous and professional and made you feel at home.

Your fabulous comments have been shared with entire Team which gives us more strength to make your stay as memorable as we can.

Looking forward to Welcome you again

Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

I rarely write a bad review, but this place made me insane and I will explain exactly why I think the service of this hotel is probably the worst service I have ever had in a hotel.

We arrived at 9 pm on a Thursday and all we wanted to do is sleep after a long day of travelling. We gave our passports to reception for check in and went to bed. Then the madness started, they called to my room five times during the night to ask for things that were already written in my passport, at 12:30 we had the last call to ask what country were we from!

The next day they convinced us to take a car with a driver from the hotel. They over priced it and the driver did not even know where the main attraction site were! After 45 min of driving in circles and asking strangers for directions, I had to turn on my phone roaming and gps to get us to the national museum. Then he refused to take us to the red fort because it was too late.

The last day we wanted a taxi to go to the airport and they offered the same driver for a price three times more expensive than a company taxi. Then they refused to help the company taxi find the hotel just because they insisted that as hosts of the hotel we must have used their own cars.

avoid this hotel, I'm sure any other option for the price is a better option.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Agustin V

Dear Guest

Thank you for staying at Tavisha Hotel , New Delhi and sharing your valuable feedback with us and letting us know that you liked our Room.

Your constructive observation about the services specially at the Front desk has been well noted and we will surely do the training of the staff and for taxi fares we will also review the same.

We hope you will give us a chance to serve you again.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

I stayed with my wife and two kids (4&1) for two weeks it was a wonderful experience! The location was very good close to markets, sight seeing sites and the staff are very nice and helpful even though the English was not so good yet they tried as much as possible to help and/or resolve the issues. The food was good even though we are not familiar with Indian foods, we showed their chef our meals and they did it for us. I will visit Tavisha anytime am in Delhi.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sadiq A

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay at Tavisha Hotel, New Delhi and sharing you valuable feedback with us.

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed the hotel services and food.

We also appreciate your view that you found hotel in a good location near markets and close to sight seeing places.

We are looking forward to welcome you again at Tavisha