“Excellent interior”

Hotel Sunstar Residency
Ranked #62 of 733 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 19 January 2010

Its really a good experience there.Interior is excellent.Service is also good.reasonable rates.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
5  Thank jonnal
akt1957, Owner at Hotel Sunstar Residency, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2012

Greetings from Hotel Sunstar Residency.
Thanks a lot for writing a review about our hotel.
Sorry for replying late. Honestly speaking we were not aware that on trip- advisor a traveler can write a review about his experience & management can reply it. We only recently came to know about this & now we have started replying to travelers review.
Our rates are very reasonable. We are happy to know that you liked our service.You liked interior of the hotel .THANKS A LOT .
Thanks & Regards. Hotel Management.

Reviewed 5 December 2009

The hotel offered a business class service and the experience was definately good. For people who travel a lot, a comfortable and a cooperative hotel and staff makes a business stay an experience to relish.

Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
4  Thank hoshi_9
akt1957, Owner at Hotel Sunstar Residency, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Greetings from hotel sunstar residency.We all (management & staff) are very thankful to you for your reviews. U liked the food quality. You liked the cleanliness in the hotel .U praised the staff for being helpful. You liked the location
It is our duty to give good service to the guest. Your reviews will definitely boost the moral of our staff.
you are most welcome again

Reviewed 22 February 2009

rooms were clean.not a great area of town (far from the center).rooms are clean and beds are ok.breakfast is a disgrace and service rivals that.acceptable if you just need a clean place to sleep.

Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank diver111
akt1957, Owner at Hotel Sunstar Residency, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Greetings from hotel sunstar residency.
We all (management & staff) are very thankful to you for your reviews.
U liked the nice and clean rooms.

Reviewed 11 November 2008

I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights. The rooms were clean. The ac was not working properly. when I told the management, they sorted that out quickly.The area karol baugh where this is situated..was noisy...and crowded.However there was a shopping area close to the hotel.There is a good eating place called Raffles.If someone is looking for a decent place but without spending too much I think this is good value for money.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled solo
4  Thank neelimaUnitedKingdom

Greetings from hotel sunstar residency.
We all (management & staff) are very thankful to you for your reviews.
U liked the clean rooms and budget hotel.
U praised the staff for being helpful. You liked the location
We are regretting for any type inconvenience during stay with us. We will try our best in future as improve to inaccuracy.

Reviewed 29 May 2008

Stayed here as it was a better location than some of the others. I have to agree it was noisy but this was due to other guests and not traffic. We had a room at the back on the 4th floor 405. Its perfectly acceptable but we did find our room unlocked on return so make sure you lock away your valuables or use the lockers in the managers office.

If you leave the hotel and turn left at the front walk up the slight hill to the main road turn left and then right in 10 to 15 mins your at the Metro station Rajendra Place. The hotel business card has a small map on the back so its easy to find. Its a normal hassled walk but getting to connaught place is easy until late. The last train times are posted on the ticket booths. If you fancy coming back via tuk tuk use the pre pay booth in connaught place.

Overall due to its locality to the Metro and the ease of getting to and from the city I'm recommending this hotel. The rooms were OK and clean. The shower was good and the bathroom was acceptable. AC worked. What more could i ask for. Price was 4452 rup around £53 for 2 nights. Sorry but no photos, i forgot.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank tweetyduck

Greetings from hotel sunstar residency!!!!!!!!!!!
We all (management & staff) are very thankful to you for your reviews.
U liked the nice and clean rooms.
You liked the location

Reviewed 25 March 2007

The hotel seemed really ok at first glance, the room was clean, but ...
The receptionist holds me back, saying "my travel agent" would be here in 2 minutes and wanted to see me about my stay in the hotel. Well, I had no travel agent, I booked the hotel through Internet.
So the guy who shows up, tells me that he would be the final agent in the chain of companies through which my booking went. And of course tries to propose me excursions, additionnal services, etc... SCAM! After a few minutes he felt my mood about his presence and excused himself.

I ask for a taxi at the reception, not sure if it was safe to hail one in the street at night. Of course, no problem. Well it was only three times the normal price (which I would not care so much as it was a proper, comfortable car), but it was not a taxi at all, just any private car (maybe the hotel's car that they rent out?). Guess doing taxi services without taxi license is also in India not exacly legal ...

Back in my room I realise that the window is actually not a window but a window into a kind of ventilation shaft. The fan that would blow the air into that shaft (so no fresh air nto the room...) was so horribly loud that there was no way to leave it on at night.
As an advantage from the airshaft you hear your neighbours as if they were in your room!

Why some furniture had to be moved between midnight and 4 in the morning was a question the reception seemed unable to answer.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled solo
3  Thank Andreas38

Greetings from hotel sunstar residency!!!!!!
We all (management & staff) are very thankful to you for your reviews.
U liked the clean rooms and furniture.
You liked the location.

Reviewed 9 March 2007

I stayed at this hotel in March 2007. I was quoted a price for an executive suite as they said this was all they had available. It was downstairs. At first I thought it was ok as seemed clean but the noise was awful as it was on the ground floor. The only thing was the noise was from the staff playing loud music and shouting to each other all night even when I asked them to be quiet. We asked if we could move rooms and they said we could move to a room upstairs but it would be more money - which I could not understand as they were smaller rooms. When we asked if we could move later to a cheaper room they said they were fully booked. I called the hotel later that day by phone and asked if they had rooms and how much they were - they quoted me 1500 rupees less than the price I paid and said they were available. When I went back to the hotel they tried to charge me more and on checking out were shouting abuse and all sorts. I would never stay at this hotel ever again and advise anyone NOT TO STAY HERE. We are Non resident Indians and they were looking to rip us off so I can only imagine what they do to tourists!!!!

Stayed: March 2007
3  Thank Matee42

Greetings from hotel sunstar residency!!!!!!!!