“Price can't be beat”
Review of Smyle Inn

Smyle Inn
Ranked #18 of 1,109 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I always heard horror stories about the chaos and crowds of Delhi. I arrived by train and just walked toward the busy lighted street. The hotel is centrally located and from there you can just about go anywhere from the hotel, either walking or tuk tuk. My room was spacious and clean for Indian standards, and I felt very secure here. They give you free breakfast, but nothing to write home about. If I every go back I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The higher you go the more stairs to walk up
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Smyleinn is a awesome place. service was excellent n all persons from management to room service person will never make u feel tat u r out of home.
They r very cooperative , sweet n well natured.
I personally suggest all to visit Smyleinn.

Room Tip: All were good. So no tip required.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

It's my first negative review, but hopefully it will save your money and time.
Adventure started when I booked a cab from their airport taxi service and somehow they pushed me to pay twice (to the driver first and at the hostel after), saying that driver was not obligated to ask about money and I need to pay again. They didn't want to give me my passport back before I paid for everything (!) I've never seen such creepy, not honest and rude people before. I didn't even stayed for one night (even at 5 am after a long flight), and not only because of this situation. The room was dirty and smelly, super noisy and hostel looked old and situated in the dirtiest place in all India around the chaos of old market. It's not the safe area as well. They also pushed me to pay for the night I didn't stay (not just twice for a driver), but I was glad to get out of there and never come back.
Please, don't repeat my mistake, go directly to South of Delhi.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank xadvi
SmyleInn, Owner at Smyle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

We have been in the business for the last 16 years. If we were robbing our guests, we would not have lasted this long and with glowing reviews. Since you brought up the issue, the travelling community needs to know the facts. You had a booking for 2 nights at Smyle Inn alongwith airport pickup. Your flight came at 4:10AM and by the time you came to our hostel it was 5:00AM. Due to 12 noon checkin policy your room was blocked from the night before. We gave you instant access to your room. This was all fine, till the time your local Indian friends came to visit you at 6AM. They convinced you to stay with them in their home and you decided to check out at 6:30AM. Since the room was booked for two nights, and we had kept the room for you from last night, you had to pay for at least one night plus pickup. For the pickup you paid the driver INR300 and told him it was a tip. The pickup cost is INR480 so INR300 did not make sense. That's why we told you to pay again INR180 the balance for the pickup.
This is a very responsible forum and please don't misuse it. Please state facts as they are and don't change them. Hope sense prevails

Reviewed 6 April 2014

This hotel was so bad that we changed our bookings after the first night. We are seasoned travellers and I could not recommend this place in any shape or form. We were put in a room that had no window, a grotty bathroom and questionable bed coverings. It was in the heart of the bazarre down a couple of very dodgey alleyways, and the photo that was on this site when I booked it was a total misrepresentation. Luckily the rest of month's stay in India went without hitch and all the other accomodation we used was great - and most of it a lot cheaper!

Room Tip: Look at the Lonely Planet and go with one of them. The Amax Inn was brilliant value and exceptional...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank sharonlin1
SmyleInn, Owner at Smyle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Thanks for your honest review. We try hard to please all our guests, but sometimes it does not happen. They say that barriers break when people talk. We have put up placards with owner's email address on important spots in the hotel, had you used the email and advised us your issue, we would have resolved instantly. This way, we would have at least had a fair chance to make mends.
Two things I would like to point out is that the room did indeed have a window, you just had to lift the curtain/chik to reveal it. Secondly the pictures put up are taken from a regular 7MP point and shoot camera. The pictures that of room and bathrooms are actual pictures. Since there are 35 rooms, we cannot upload pictures of all rooms and bathrooms.

hope this explanation helps.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Centrally located in a narrow alley it's not easy to find but if you follow the instructions on their website everything will be fine.

Definitely book an airport pickup, because it's very likely to get scammed at the airport if you arrive late at night. The taxis driver you may choose at the airport will come up with plausible reasons that the area is closed down and will be bring you to a travel agency, which will pretend to call the hotel but are actually calling another schemer who will tell you that your booking was cancelled and probably sell you a heavily overpriced tour to get you out of the city. This happens to me, but the owner send me an email because of my no-show and helped me to get my money back.

AC, showers and–most importantly–wireless is working in this hotel. That's not a given in India; especially wireless is more often broken than working.

Obviously it is located in a bazar area so make sure to bring earplugs.

This is my first stay at Smyle Inn but I definitely will stay some more nights if I come back to Delhi.

Room Tip: The lower levels are more noisy.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Perfect location next to Delhi train station in the bustling Paharganj market.
Working showers, air con and WiFi.
Wonderful, helpful and most importantly honest staff (Mohan was lovely)
Great place to stay in Delhi I would recommend it to anyone.
Hannah

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank hannah m
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We had a good time the first visit to Delhi, so we came back again at the end of the trip, for personal reasons we had to wait in Delhi and we spent near 3 weeks there!
Staff familiar and very helpful!
The one in the little road is very silence, and although in the pre-monsoon is very very hot, the rooms are equipped with AC!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple