“Good budget hotel and tour”
Review of Smyle Inn

Smyle Inn
Ranked #18 of 1,109 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 March 2011

Myself and partner did a Golden triangle tour with Smyle Inn. If you are looking for a budget trip and you have travelled to places like India this is perfect.

The hotel s in the heart of the madness so if that's not for you maybe this will not be your choice. The hotel is basic, but clean has hot water, a nice breakfsat and free internet.

The tour, driver and other hotels were also fine for what we paid and we saw all the sights we wanted.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 6 March 2011

First, let me tell you that it was the first place I stayed in India. I really didn't understand the general standards of lodgings in the country. I learned. The problems that I had with the inn was that it had no heat, which I found is is quite common in India, and when I wanted hot water I have to ask multiple times, eventually threatening to just start flipping beaker switches myself in the hall until I got the right one. I figured if they could go to all the trouble of flipping them off all the time to save electricity, they could flip them on once in a while so the guest could get a hot shower. The truth is that this lodging is fairly typical for the area it is in - Paharganj - the old section of Delhi. While the location was quite good, the place was rundown like the rest of the area. Paharganj may have had character, but I'm not sure I needed that much character during the whole time I was in Delhi. Would I stay there again? No. Would I stay in the Paharganj area again? Only at a more upscale place and I'm not sure there are a lot of them in the area. Trust me, I'm not as picky as I may seem by this review. If you understand the standards of lodgings in India and are comfortable with that and are willing to fight for some basic services, this place might just be the one you're looking for.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank RollingOkie
Reviewed 13 February 2011

We stayed this place for only one night because dishonesty of the staff.

I forgot my key in the room, and i asked for help from one of the staff, he said i need to pay R200 to open the door. Well, luckily i met the tour agent at 4th floor, and he said there has no such rules. The tour agent helped us contact the manager and open our door without any charges. So never trust them, if has anything problem, straight to the duty manager.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank marsha1122
SmyleInn, Owner at Smyle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2011

Dear Customer,
It is an unfortunate and unwarranted response from your side.

As per management policy, if you leave the room key inside the room or you loose the key for that matters, there is a charge of INR200 that we take from the customers. This charge is towards the TO and FRO conveyance which the staff has to pay in order to visit the owner's house and get duplicate keys, so you see, the staff member was NOT DISHONEST in advising you the INR200. Another thing since the key was already there since last night, our manager and staff members opened the door for you without charge again which says that the staff was NOT DISHONEST.

Reviews on trip advisor are very valuable for both the travellers and the hotel properties. A responsible and a correct view should be presented for benefit of the travel community as a whole. In your case the response is self contradictory as at one point you are saying that the staff was dishonest and at the other you are saying that the staff opened the door with a charge. Please be responsible in providing future reviews.

All the best
Owner
Smyle Inn

Reviewed 9 February 2011

We have spend 3 nights in this hotel. We had a room on the second floor, very nice, confortable with the toilet and shower inside. Hot water and television.
The staff always helped us when we needed. There is an internet room and at the top there is a terrace where you have the breakfast or just a chay tea.
I recomend this hotel, it's very close to New Delhi station an in the middle of Main Bazar.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 February 2011

The Hostel is in the Backpacking area of New Delhi. That means t is very very crowded nevertheless we found this nice little Hostel/Hotel with an amzing staff. they organized a tour through Rajasthan which was fitted to our needs an even booked train tickets for our trip to Himalaya. Because of personal problems we had to break up our India trip...we were so sorry. we booked everything and even paid all the trips at smyles inn, so we didnt now what to do. We deciede to tell our problem to Ali, a very helpful staffmember of the hotel. He just called his chef and they were so kind and told us that it is no problem. They gave us the whole amount for the trip through rajastan and even the traintickets. We were so impressed that it was so without problems...amzing. Thank you Smyle Inn. See u next time. K+M

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2011

Arrived early hours in the morning and was welcomed by friendly staff. The rooms are small with en-suit but very clean and we had a tv. The breakfast inculded was very nice, cereal, fruit juice, toast and jam, fruit and chai or coffee

The location of this place is amazing, just off the main bazzar and 5 mintues walk to the main train station. This was the only place we stayed with free internet and would highly recommend this hostel.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 February 2011

This was the first hotel I encountered on a three week trip of India. Having had time to reflect it isn't that bad for the price. The room was very small, and there was only enough hot water for one person to have a shower, but the staff were extremely helpful. They did try to sell us some tours, but weren't too pushy, and were actually very helpful to us in planning our ongoing trip.
It is very basic, but you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple