“very good location, friendly and helpfull staff, good rooms”
Review of Rahul Palace Hotel

Rahul Palace Hotel
Ranked #362 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Zurich
“very good location, friendly and helpfull staff, good rooms”
Reviewed 30 April 2009

I've been there twice during my india travels and the staff was really nice, friendly and helpfull. the location is a really good value.
the hotel has a nice rooftop terrasse and the rooms are good value.
If I'm going back to Delhi I would go there again.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
BERMUDA
Reviewed 31 March 2009

I had stayed here before and totally loved it. I love that you can trust the staff and that they genuinely do all they can to help you.
Hot water is not reliable here but I can bathe in tepid water no problem.
I'm not fond of the room decor so I buy a pretty sheet, remove the drab spread and tuck it in the closet. I also reccommend you use your own towels. White towels become grey in India so fast and just never look or smell clean enough to me.
I loved that they remebered me as soon as I arrived. And that was three years previous. Also most all the staff were the same an indication to me that the manager is treating them well.
On this trip I met the owner. I simple lovely man.
This place is a favourite even among middle class Indians. I love that you can meet locals here.
In terms of the room - the beds are comfortable, the bathrooms have showers and buckets, but in ours the drain was too slow.
The big plus is free wireless internet throught the hotel and a small fridge in the room!! There's also a TV with plenty of channels to watch.
And you're in the heart of shopping heaven!

• Liked — the prompt service and wireless internet even in the room! fridge in the room
  • Disliked — the water quality - water was so hard the soap could not sud - i ended uop with scum on my body
  • Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
UK
Reviewed 5 February 2009

I ha1ve stayed t 4 hotels in Delhi: One grotty one in Old Dlhi, one with cock roaches in Pahar ganj, one OK one in Karol Bagh, then I had a booking for Hotel Swati, but they were over booked. They recommended a nice clean hotel down the street: Rahul Palace. I have really enjoyed my stay here. The service is great, the breakfast service with a smile and the rooms very clean. They also have hot water 24 hours. If I came back to Delhi I would stay here again. Good value in a safe area. Because the agency that I booked under made a mistake Swati Hotel had recommended Rahul Palace. It was a very busy time and all the hotels were taken. One night I stayed in a room, the following night the owner gave me his own office (with bedroom area) to sleep in, free of charge! He said that if I didn't stay he would have to take me home to his family, because there were no rooms in the city. So ignore the bad reviews, if you want a place where the staff will look after you, wireless, clean rooms, hot water and happy staff come here.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank KCBOxford
Sydney
Reviewed 4 December 2008

Absolute rubbish, the electricity was not working in our room. Took 3 servants to fix this. There was poo in the toilet(!) and the stench almost made me spew up. And yet the had the pride to put a "sanatised for your protection" ribbon around the toilet and to make matters worse, the toilet wouldnt even flush. Two servants were sent up to attempt repairs and after four visits they could not get the toilet to flush. Also constant hammering noises as maintenance workers were fixing the hot water system at midnight. no hot water, very disgruntled, arrogant receptionist. requested another room and they agreed, but they called back later saying that all rooms have the same problem!! Checked out the next morning, and the receptionist said there was an additional service charge which he hadn't disclosed before when we confirmed the gross price the day before. We refused to pay the service charge and he didnt even give us a discount for our nightmare stay at this "palace". A complete circus. STAY AWAY 0-stars!

• Liked — Room service was okay, they tried to fix problems, but couldnt do much due to management not maintaining the place.
  • Disliked — Sanitary conditions, (yuck yuck yuck) and managements poor attitude and dishonesty.
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank mrGforce

Travellers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

london
Reviewed 25 November 2008

If you want to stay at this hotel, do it qiuckly before it falls apart.

We stayed there for 4 days while on holiday in India. Although the communal areas like the corridors and the restaurant are OK, the rooms are very disappointing.

You will find that some rooms don't have windows. They are clean but in urgent need of redecoration. I mean things like door handles falling of, broken showers, missing taps. The windows look like they have not been washed forever, especially the ones in the bathrooms. The main problem we thought was the state of the electic sockets-they are completely exposed hanging of the walls and impossible to use. When we changed to another room, it was just as bad.

Having said that the staff at the hotel were very helpful and understanding so if you only need to be there for a couple of days I guess its good enough just don't expect a lot.

• Liked — not too expensive
  • Disliked — the state of the rooms and location
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank fun-ta
London
Reviewed 25 August 2008

We stayed in this "Palace" in February 2005 for one night, although we had booked for three. The memory still scars me which is why I have to see what others have written about this whenever I log on to a travel website.

The hotel is completely off the tourist map. Our taxi driver had to stop and ask direction 3 times before he finally found it.

The bed was made but the aircon was broken, as was the fridge, and the bed linen looked dirty too. The area is very noisy so we didn't get much sleep.

We paid £35/night through a well-known website which used to give the hotel 3 stars, and now gives it 2.5 stars. £35/night is way too much for this place. Having stayed one night, we checked out at 6.00am in the morning and moved to another hotel.

• Stayed February 2005, travelled with family
5 Thank FMO_uk
Suds
Reviewed 16 July 2008

Great food, great terrace, great service, really nice cold A/C, clean rooms, the building is a little run down, but beautiful with marble floors, and this is typical of Delhi. The room and linens are kept clean. The shower sometimes runs cold, but it's not too bad in a place as hot as India. A great location in a busy colourful shopping district. Lots of fun, and a great helpful travel desk. AMAZING SERVICE!!!

• Stayed July 2008