“Clean and Friendly.”
Review of Rahul Palace Hotel

Rahul Palace Hotel
Ranked #383 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 14 June 2010

Very clean rooms and good air conditioning.
Staff were very efficient and helpful.
Satywan, general manager was extremely helpful and efficient by email and telephone.
Food is good quality and value.
Seved meals until very late.
Metro station about 7 minutes walk away.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank rebeccadowning

Reviewed 18 January 2010

Me and my wife had to stay here for a night while passing from Delhi. I had booked it after seeing its positive review on an Indian travel site. I must say I was not disappointed, otherwise for the same amount, I have tried few other hotels in Delhi and they were pathetic. On positives of this hotel:

1. Decent marble floor bedroom with clean bathroom.
2. Food was good.
3. It is almost in the middle of huge market where you get good eating joints as well as many shopping options.
4. Metro station is also very near by.

Negatives:

1. Rooms are smaller with not great amount of ventilation and light. I think this hotel is surrounded by buildings on side (at least our side of the room was) and the gap between the nearby buildings is not huge, thus restricting light and air.

2. Otherwise, there is not much to talk about negatives as I didn't pay money for something like 3 star property or I was expecting one. It is a decent property for reasonable price.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank Vishal_Bangalore
Reviewed 5 December 2009

Hotel not 2 great, but very good veg food. Tiny rooms.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 June 2009

this is one of the greatest hotels we once ever lived from the whole world. especially Mr. Satyawan, an excellent manager who support and help us a lot during our first Indian trip.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank happykid0917
Reviewed 30 April 2009

I've been there twice during my india travels and the staff was really nice, friendly and helpfull. the location is a really good value.
the hotel has a nice rooftop terrasse and the rooms are good value.
If I'm going back to Delhi I would go there again.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 March 2009

I had stayed here before and totally loved it. I love that you can trust the staff and that they genuinely do all they can to help you.
Hot water is not reliable here but I can bathe in tepid water no problem.
I'm not fond of the room decor so I buy a pretty sheet, remove the drab spread and tuck it in the closet. I also reccommend you use your own towels. White towels become grey in India so fast and just never look or smell clean enough to me.
I loved that they remebered me as soon as I arrived. And that was three years previous. Also most all the staff were the same an indication to me that the manager is treating them well.
On this trip I met the owner. I simple lovely man.
This place is a favourite even among middle class Indians. I love that you can meet locals here.
In terms of the room - the beds are comfortable, the bathrooms have showers and buckets, but in ours the drain was too slow.
The big plus is free wireless internet throught the hotel and a small fridge in the room!! There's also a TV with plenty of channels to watch.
And you're in the heart of shopping heaven!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 5 February 2009

I ha1ve stayed t 4 hotels in Delhi: One grotty one in Old Dlhi, one with cock roaches in Pahar ganj, one OK one in Karol Bagh, then I had a booking for Hotel Swati, but they were over booked. They recommended a nice clean hotel down the street: Rahul Palace. I have really enjoyed my stay here. The service is great, the breakfast service with a smile and the rooms very clean. They also have hot water 24 hours. If I came back to Delhi I would stay here again. Good value in a safe area. Because the agency that I booked under made a mistake Swati Hotel had recommended Rahul Palace. It was a very busy time and all the hotels were taken. One night I stayed in a room, the following night the owner gave me his own office (with bedroom area) to sleep in, free of charge! He said that if I didn't stay he would have to take me home to his family, because there were no rooms in the city. So ignore the bad reviews, if you want a place where the staff will look after you, wireless, clean rooms, hot water and happy staff come here.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled solo