“Good room except for the bites....”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Kwality

Hotel Kwality
Ranked #381 of 708 Hotels in New Delhi
holland
“Good room except for the bites....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2013

We stayed for 2 nights at Kwality. The airport pick-up was on time and the ckec-in smoothly. The room was ok. They upgraded oir room to a room with tv and aircon which we both did not use but we could if we wanted.
Good:: in the evening there is an official securitymember at the door. During the night there are also people awake so good security. There was plenty of warm water. We got soap,toiletpaper and towels. The bedsheets were clean. The reception did not bother us trying to saell tours etc.
Bad: I have 32 bites all over my body. I was wearing a tight shirt at night and killed an animal walking underneath kt. So it wasn't a mosquito. My partner in the other bed did not have bites but was lying in his sleepingbag. There are men sleeping in the lobby. I did not mind but some people will.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Lexington va
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2013

This is a very good value for the budget traveler. ..been there twice and reserving for future. There may be cheaper hotels in Pahar Ganj but this is half the price of many others. It is quite clean and solid and the staff is very knowledgeable and helpful. The rooms I have had are on the small size, but I was very happy for my somewhat minimal needs. Much better than other budget rooms i have had in India and Nepal. They may have larger rooms if neccessary.

Room Tip: if you need a large room, may need to ask and perhaps pay a bit more
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Mumbai
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2013

I had to stay in that area for a day. It is a value for money stay hotel. Will not select for vacation but good for a quick stay. The rooms are smallish and average. Bathrooms not very good, but overall okay for a quick in and out.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo

All over
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2013

We stayed in a budget room. Very clean, hot water with good pressure, soft bed. Very friendly and helpful staff made our stay in Delhi great. No restaurant but they do have room service for which the prices looked reasonable.
Overall very good for the low price

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2013

A true old school backpackers hotel (not with the meeting areas and dirty hippies, with the cheap rates). I had a budget room which literally had enough room for me to walk around the bed an nothing more. I decided to stay because the price was very low and I figured how much time would I be there.
The staff for my first two days was really really nice and happy and smiling and helpful. The change of staff on check out, however, was a red flag. The reception man was simply ARGUING with me (think he had a chip on his shoulder about his English ability - and when I didn't understand him it became an attack on ME).

Another problem - as smoking in rooms is evidently allowed, on my second night I woke up sneezing like crazy - my bathroom and the three scandinavian girls inthe room next door shared a vent - and all of their smoking came into my room as I slept. in fact, the next day when i returned to myroom after being out - EVERYTHING smelled like smoke and you could see it hanging in the air.

I needed an iron - they had none. I orderd coffee to the room (yes! roomservice) and got milky water with a bit of brown - but they tried really hard to fix that. When the electric went out, someone came up to try to fix it, the tv, and my laptop.

So - ike i said: very friendly staff, very very inexpensive ($12, 600 rp) BUT the replacement staff - not nice, the smoking not nice.

it MIGHT be ok for you if you really need to save money.

Location- very close to train station. hard to find - it is behind another hotel on a...lane/alley.

Room Tip: They will let you see the rooms and for a small amount you can upgrade to a bigger room. i kept the...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

Mumbai
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2013

We booking bouget room without A/C for 1 night to sleeping and waiting train after arrival to Delhi by aircraft. Hotel location is good 20 km from airport and 1 km from New Delhi railway station. Room service very fast, food is testy. Room clean dont good, as a all India:-) good bouget hotel for 1-2 days.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family

London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2013

Located in bustling Paharganj area. Cheap and clean. Staff were helpful in organizing airport pick up, and negotiating good rates for excursions that we wanted to do. Driver was trustworthy and reliable, an advantage in Delhi!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends