“Smoke in the room”
Review of Hotel City Park

Hotel City Park
Ranked #186 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I booked this hotel because it is close to my office in New Delhi where I have daily meetings with my co-workers. Close does not mean good. The hotel is far from the advertised 4 stars, however the room is not too bad, it is clean and most of the hotel staff is nice. Breakfast is poor, I ordered dinner every night, food is bad and overpriced. The hotel does not have no-smoking floors, only few no-smoking rooms. My no-smoking room on the 5th floor was ok until my bloody smoking neighbour checked in today. I am not sure how but the smell in my room is intense and unbearable. I called the Front Desk who offered to 'send the boy to spray some air freshener'. I explained that that was not a solution and I got a prompt reply, 'I can transfer you to another room'. However only a room per floor is no-smoking and if someone smokes in the next room the smell will travel to the next room. Moving to another room is not an option, tomorrow morning I will move to another hotel. If you do not like smoke you are advised.
Internet connection is free and hectic, Credentials change every 12 hours. The electricity in the room sometime goes off but it does not happen too often.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

We went there for a function and were very much impressed to see the property the function was in seesh mahal 1. The food was very good. The location is also very good . It's a big property and one can have a good time there.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We spent 4 nights in this hotel in september,we were attending a wedding in new delhi hotel booked for us by an Indian friend..first time in india thus we did not know what to expect.On arrival at 5 am reception staff were cold and unfriendly.We got to our room which turned out to be a twin even thought we had requested a double!!! no doubles available hotel full.restaurant in hotel was clean but basic ,but the highlight to this hotel has to be the outdoor swimming pool.!!! we headed out to read by the pool and noticed no one sitting outside, within minutes we realised why, 20 to30 pigeons descended and spent there days by the pool drinking the water and pooing,needlees to say our trip outdoors was shortlived. the doormen were pleasant and the female reception staff were courteous and friendly. we were hoping for more on our first trip to India.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We booked this hotel for a night and regretted doing so the moment we walked into the hotel with the unwelcoming and hostile attitude of the front desk staff. They made us feel as if they were doing us a huge favor by letting us in. Since we were in the area for a wedding, it so happened that I was not carrying a photo Id with me that day. My husband provided his identification and I told them that I would email it to them once I get back home which made them unhappy. Our room was abnormally warm and we couldn’t bring the temperature down so we stepped out and requested the front desk to get it fixed. When we got back to the room, it was still as bad and we couldn’t sleep all night. Both the breakfast and lunch were below average and we were highly disappointed considering this is not a cheap budget hotel by any standard. To give you a measure, we were charged Rs 80 for a tiny bottle of mineral water that we used in the room.
They definitely need a lesson or two on hospitality!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2014

II stayed in the hotel from 31 Dec.2013 till 01 Jan .2014 with my family, unfortunately my daughter got ill at new year eve, when I called reception to call doctor, according to the receptionist there was no doctor available due to new year eve.( party is more important than life). Anyways I called my brother to bring doctor or medicine to the hotel, so when he gets there than security has stopped him for going inside, because of the party (as per security chief). thankfully, I took the medicine from my brother and given to my daughter, so she went to sleep.
At last ,I would not recommend any guest to stay in this hotel. where party is more important than someone life.…

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sunil P
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

The city park hotel is clearly POOR, BAD,DISSATISFACTION,RUDE,uneducated "bhaiya" staff, ......THEY just a particular focus on how to feel you bad&Unhappy ...." zero courteous " . As recommended by one of my friend living in pitampura (as his house is small for guest living) only because of him I choose this hotel.
I really feel regretted that already knowing and read poor reviews on trip advisor ...I choose this hotel because near to my friends house...there restaurant is very famous for locals but they have nothing special in there menu ...
No.1 waiter can't provide us spoon till we finish the dinner. No.2 they don't provide extra bed ,no extra towel, no extra tea cup, no extra soap but they want to charge for 10years child as a extra guest. No.3 Mr Mahesh front desk calling up @1.00AM to inform us as there hotel will charge us for extra person because Ur child is accompanied you in Ur room.
No.4 later checking out they trying to sell us there dirty towel as towel is got dusty because we use there hand towel to clean dirty bed side table .
No.5 behaviour of front desk is like police station inspector .
Rest other reviews is similar in trip advisor ..
I can say again that I am feeling regrets that know the facts from trip advisor reviewed ..I made mistake to choose this hotel .

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank gauravronit
Reviewed 19 December 2013

i visited this hotel on 15th dec and stayed for 2 nights.The rooms of the hotel are good for the price they charge.The food was also good but they could provide more variety in the morning buffet.The pool is also good.Only one grouse that the front desk could serve with a smile otherwise a nice property to stay in Pitampura.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business