Shangri-La's Eros Hotel
Nirula's Hotel(New Delhi)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
3,051 results
All reviewshorizon clubtamra restaurantindia gateconnaught placeclub roombreakfast buffetmain restaurantluxury hotelexcellent hotelindian foodcentral delhicoffee shopspaloungeerosconciergedriver
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 September 2011

I spend 25 days in Shangri La during a business trip.
I must say I had a very good price because of corporate rate. So have in mind that I had to pay only 100 euros for a room with public price worth the double.

To start with the location, the hotel is 30 minutes from airport and very close to the institutional center and just a walk from Connaught Place. You can use taxi, they are unexepensive or use the metro just 5 minutes from the hotel if you fear traffic jam (which happen very often in Delhi...)

The Hotel is pretty clean. The room are large enough, even to US standards, complimentary water each day and night cleaning service. There are free wifi& Ethernet Internet service in all room. The service is generally kind, excepted at the Desk where some employee are kind of rude. The concierge service is perfect.

The main restaurant offers a good breakfast and good menu (even if it's twice the price of downtown restaurant, you can eat a full buffet meal for 2200 IRS / 40$). The kitchen is both Indian and international. You will be satisfied, excepted if you like beef, but this is not particular to the Shangri-La, but to India ... The Asiatic restaurant is very good too.

The bar is ok, with some interesting party on Friday. Even if the Hype, the nearby VIV nightclub is best for that (but very expensive!).

The gym is perfect, and the spa too. Even tried the hairdresser, it was an amazing bang for the buck experience.

Overall I was very happy to stay in this Hotel, but I lack comparison with all the major luxury hotel in Delhi.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Masterof
Reviewed 2 September 2011

I stayed for one night and they overcharged me. Three months later i still have not got my money back

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 20 August 2011

well located centrally, great buffet at restaurant, efficient service.. Modern and very clean.. good value for money, can conduct meetings in the lobby bar, not too far from airport..will surely return there.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 August 2011

My friend and I were travelling with our two seven year olds. We were happy to share a bed but needed the kids in two single beds. This proved quite difficult. I spent several hours trawling the hotels of Delhi trying to find a decent joint that would accommodate us. The Shangri-La was the only one I found that would/could. It cost us of course! We stayed in an executive suite which had a separate living room. The hotel was quite happy to set up two single beds in there and while they charged a bit extra, it wasn't TOO bad! They gave me a good deal via e-mail too. When my friend enquired, she didn't get offered the same rate, so maybe I was just lucky.

There was strict bag security on arrival (and each time we entered the hotel) which while time consuming, was very reassuring. The front desk staff were not especially friendly or welcoming but they were efficient and clearly very busy. When we got to the room, the extra beds were not there, despite this being repeatedly confirmed via e-mail. This was true of every (and all of them five star) hotel we visited on this trip. However there was not problem getting them set up and they arrived in a reasonably timely fashion.

The room was modern hotel neutral, clean, tidy, not worn and while not enormous, felt reasonably spacious. Best of all, it was very quiet! It was regularly cleaned and when my friend's son vomited copiously all over his bed, it was cleaned up very well and with no fuss.

As we were in an executive suite, we had access to the Horizon Club on the 19th floor. This was MARVELLOUS! We drank complimentary Veuve Cliquot every night and fed the children dinner from the nibbles buffet. At the end of the day they were pretty tired and not up to enormous amounts of food. On the other hand, we all had enormous (complimentary) breakfasts there every morning so it worked out rather well. Also, the staff up there were absolutely charming.

I would very happily stay here again. It's located a nice walk away from Connaught Place and only a five minute walk from the Metro station. The kids had fun in the pool (though there was the most funky stink blowing in from the street - but hey, that's India) and I had the best sushi of my extensive sushi eating life in the Oriental restaurant downstairs. Plus in the hairdressers in the spa, they gave me a very nice blow wave for only 1000 rupees done by a hairdresser and his deaf assistant. it was a fascinating experience.

If you've got the money and you're travelling with kids, this is definitely a good place to stay in Delhi.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Decobroad
Reviewed 10 August 2011

Checked in at the Shangri La’s Eros Delhi on 17th June 2011 and checked out 22nd June 2011.

This was my first stay at Shangri La and first impressions were very good. Luggage is scrutiny checked in – gives one a sense of safety. The front desk was expecting me and check-in ran smoothly.

I was very impressed with the room and its facilities – a very profession layout. Though I do not drink alcohol, there was a complementary bottle of vine – which my colleague appreciated!

The choice of food is excellent in all the restaurants. Do not miss a visit to the 19 Oriental Avenue Chinese restaurant – the food is excellent and the service is superb with the waiter offering expert advice. Cafe Uno provides the guests with a relaxing atmosphere to work as well as having a meal. The breakfast setup is also excellent with a very wide choice of food from across the world.

There is free WI-Fi that I found to be very useful and accessible throughout the hotel.
The check out went smoothly. My one criticism would be the charge for taking the hotel taxi to the airport - 3000 rupees as opposed to 500 rupees with an outside radio taxi.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business