Maybe I am fussy, but this brand of hotel should not fail in the number of area's it does, it is supposed to be a seamless experience. They may be small gripes, but not ones raised at nearby Claridges or LE Meridian.
Here they are:
Our wine of choice ( at a mere £15/ glass) was unavailable, at a hotel at this price they should have what's on the list.
The next choice at a mere £ 18 a glass, was nice, but served almost ice cold, for a half decent Barolo ! Some one needs training on wine and communication
Breakfast, twos days out of three, the 'crispy bacon' was empty, and the bananas ran out, petty maybe, but this is the Shangri La five star, not Glasgow Premier Inn (where they never run out of bacon on the breakfast bar)
Breakfast again, tea should not take 15 minutes to arrive and require two reminders, with the number of staff around, it's just simple poor management of resources.
Coffee in the lobby was only just OK, again they should be challenging the best not settling for below average.
We would stay again, the hotel is well appointed, WiFi is the best sorted of the hotels we use in Delhi, so some brownie marks for the business guest.
The spa my wife tells me was good and good value.
We liked the hotel, some what disappointed no one asked us how our stay was, would have gladly relayed all of the above to them.
As above, we would stay again, maybe our expectations of service and knowledge of what they are doing will be lower next time and the stay will not be 'spoilt' by over expectation.
But still think I should expect excellent service and quality from this chain and not be happy with only average ?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you are looking for a hotel nestled in the heart of the city, Shangri-La's - Eros Hotel, New Delhi is well appointed to suit your needs. Situated in Connaught Place and facing the Parliament, the hotel is in close proximity to most of the popular tourist attractions such as India Gate, National Museum, Humayun's Tomb, Rashtrapati Bhavan and government offices like North Block, South Block and the government ministries. Offering 320 luxuriously furnished guest rooms and suites, the rooms on the higher floor feature panoramic views of the city, which can also be enjoyed from the Horizon Club Lounge. Spoilt for choice the guests are presented with a variety of sumptuous cuisines at the All Day Dining restaurant - Tamra which offers extensive spreads of Italian, Continental, Indian, Chinese, Japanese and Thai. In addition, to this there are 4 more outlets scheduled to be opened soon. Equipped with state of the art recreational facilities the Health Club and The Spa at Shangri-La are designed to pamper the business and leisure travelers with a host of exciting therapies and fitness activities to relax and rejuvenate the mind and body. Overlooking the lush manicured terrace, the Shangri-La Ballroom is an ideal venue for important meetings and banquet celebrations to cater to your business requirements. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Shangri-La's Eros Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La Hotel New Delhi
- Hotel Shangri La New Delhi
- Hotel Shangri La Delhi
- Shangrila Hotel