We travel twice a year to Delhi and so know many of the hotels. I have stayed at the Shangri La previously and agree with many of the reviewers that the hotel staff are extremely helpful, the pool and spa are wonderful in the warmer months and the management really tries to make sure you have a top-quality hotel stay. The secret which immediately differentiates the Shangri La from its 5 star neighbours is the Horizon Club. The Horizon Club is a premium package that is well worth the extra tariff for rooms on the 16th -19th floors as you get airport concierge pickup, check in at the Horizon Club lounge on the 19th floor, full use of the lounge and free evening cocktails and canapés from 6.00 pm to 8.00 pm. We worked during the day but welcomed the breakfast at the club and drinks after work. I do not know of any other hotel that makes you feel like you have full access to a private club and a place for meetings or just relaxing looking over Delhi. Hot and cold drinks are offered as well during the day. Our room was large with excellent L'Occitane bathroom toiletries. The only negative to the hotel is that it is popular for weddings and parties but you will get the chance to see how real Delhi people enjoy themselves. The nearby roads are noisy during the day, but most of the noise doesn't make it inside. At nights, the roads are quiet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you are looking for a hotel nestled in the heart of the city, Shangri-La's - Eros Hotel, New Delhi is well appointed to suit your needs. Situated in Connaught Place and facing the Parliament, the hotel is in close proximity to most of the popular tourist attractions such as India Gate, National Museum, Humayun's Tomb, Rashtrapati Bhavan and government offices like North Block, South Block and the government ministries. Offering 320 luxuriously furnished guest rooms and suites, the rooms on the higher floor feature panoramic views of the city, which can also be enjoyed from the Horizon Club Lounge. Spoilt for choice the guests are presented with a variety of sumptuous cuisines at the All Day Dining restaurant - Tamra which offers extensive spreads of Italian, Continental, Indian, Chinese, Japanese and Thai. In addition, to this there are 4 more outlets scheduled to be opened soon. Equipped with state of the art recreational facilities the Health Club and The Spa at Shangri-La are designed to pamper the business and leisure travelers with a host of exciting therapies and fitness activities to relax and rejuvenate the mind and body. Overlooking the lush manicured terrace, the Shangri-La Ballroom is an ideal venue for important meetings and banquet celebrations to cater to your business requirements. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Shangri-La's Eros Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La Hotel New Delhi
- Hotel Shangri La New Delhi
- Hotel Shangri La Delhi
- Shangrila Hotel