Radisson Blu Marina Connaught Place
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$150
US$250
US$222
Orbitz.com
1,161 results
All reviewsconnaught placekebab factorykebab restaurantheritage buildingouter circlebusiness class roomrajiv chowk metro stationcentral locationthe heart of the citytravel deskrooms are smallstayed here for nightsbusiness tripdeluxe roombreakfast spreadcoffee shopcomfortable stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 July 2010

Connaught place area in Delhi is under going the renovation and the area is full of dust but once inside the hotel, you are in different world. The hotel is neat and clean and the staff is very friendly. Rooms are well arranged but could be a little bit small from star standards but that is understandable as this is heritage property and hardly anything can be done w.r.t. space. Lobby also seems to be little small but they had to manage the whole show in the given space. Overall this is very nice stay for business and leisure travelers. Once you are out of the hotel, you are in the center of the market and where all brands are available. The demand for this place will increase once renovation of connaught place area is over as presently approaching this place is of little bit of problem.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 June 2010

When I think of a 5 star hotel, my mind is filled with images of indulgence, opulence and plush luxuries. I picture myself being treated as a celebrity of sorts when I check into such a hotel. I arrived at Raddisson Marina in Connaught Place,New Delhi with similar expectations. However the first few moments were anything but of indulgence. The entire area around the hotel is dug up - meaning your cab can not reach the hotel entrance. You need to actaully get off on the main road and drag your luggage over lots of rubble before you see the entrance of this hotel. And once you enter, its not the usually friendly concierge and long desk with an extra large bowl of apples ( I never know if its ok to eat one of these or is it there just for the decoration??) there to greet you - its a band of security guards and a baggage X- ray machine you need to tackle first!! Once you’ve been frisked and your baggage declared safe - that's when you get to actaully enter the lobby - on the first floor.

The lobby is complete with the 3 inch deep carpet, bowl of fruits, lots of funny shaped sofas, over sized abstract paintings on the walls and people dressed in penguin outfits. What really impressed me was that I was taken to my room immediately and was checked in from there. Obviously they were expecting me, because my really large room had a “Welcome Mr Singh” sign on the TV and there was a really nice letter there apologising for the road work and in convince caused on account of that. The room was really luxurious and it seemed such a waste to not share it with someone. The cheese platter was a thoughtful gesture - but it accentuated the absence of a welcoming bottle of wine! The bathroom was nice and big and if you pulled the shades up, you could watch TV while soaking in the tub. The door however was simply frosted glass - a bit intimidating if you’re the prude sort.

Being environmentally conscious they had given the guests an option to not have their 6 towels changed on a daily basis and even though I opted for this green option - my towels would get changed irrespective. The bed was very ‘jumpable’ and I counted 9 pillows on my bed. My room had a huge french window but the view was blocked - again on account of some renovations going on.

The in-room dining menu was extensive and the food was finger-licking good. The staff was extremely courteous and friendly though a bit too so at times - they always seemed to know what was on my mind and kept inquiring about my ‘welfare’.

The hotel is centrally located and made it easy to hop out for a cup of coffee or a shopping rendezvous. The hotel itself boasts 3 restaurants, a coffee shop and a bar. The drinks were good, though you could get the same at a fraction of the price a few blocks down. The food was really really of a high standard and this surprisingly was priced rather conservatively. The prawn curry deserves a special mention.

Upon check out - the hotel was kind enough to have me dropped off at the station ( 800 mtrs) away. Clearing the bill was a breeze and they even gave me a 20% discount on my bar tab.

All in all - it was a great stay for me and I hope to return as I’ve promised Asid (the guy who’d insist that he could get me a cup of coffee from the kitchen ( free!!) instead of me making one out of the packets provided in the room ).

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank TravellerPatna
Reviewed 30 May 2010

It was a big surprise to me once my friend recommended to stay in the hotel which is right in the city centre I thought it must be some old hotel, the moment I entered it has given me complete 'WOW' kind of thing, I did'nt know the place has been turned around and a new name has been given as Radisson Marina Connaught Circus, very happy to see a smiling face with the word NAMASKAR which is a welcome word in Indian culture. Have ben taken to reception and then the formalities of check which was in room checkin the person escorted to room briefed with all the facilites such as spa,gym, business centre, the bar " The connaught" multicusine resturant, and well famous ' KABAB FACTORY resturant. This was my first visit the room was very comfortable, bathroom was big enough with the all the amenities. Mini bar was loaded. The decore was beautiful the best was there was an attached patio / tarrace to the room which I was not expecting in the price which i got that is why it is a value for money and gvn a home feel.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 May 2010

The Hotel has been renovated, and looks elegant. Very well designed. Refreshing to see a brand new hotel after having red all the feedback from the past.
Best Location in Delhi, happy to be staying at the famous CP circle.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 April 2010

Only cosmetic changes done, not worth staying at all. The worst Product with Radisson Branding. and a shame for Carlson to go with such a shabby product.

Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business