“Great Stay”
Review of La Sagrita

La Sagrita
Ranked #67 of 777 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We have been staying at La Sagrita since 1997 and have never been disappointed. After the renovations we were thrilled to see the doors reopen. What a great job has been done to the building. Bathrooms clean and in great working order. Rooms large and bright with a European touch. Beds, oh-so comfortable. The Air conditioner worked very very well as did the wifi. All around a job well done on the building.

They now offer drivers and a choice of cars which makes going out easier than ever, plus of course the location of La Sagrita - the best in town.

It was wonderful to see the old staff again and they welcomed us with bright smiles. My husband is elderly and rested a lot and the staff would look on him periodically while I was out - it was like staying with family, only better!

Thanks to the Ahujas and staff at La Sagrita for everything during this past week - this is our home away from home and we will return on our next trip to Delhi.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Harafarms
Lasagrita, Owner at La Sagrita, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Dear Mrs. Valerie Hara,

We are absolutely over whelmed to read your gratifying review of the new La Sagrita. Believe me, it was our privilege to have you both back and you brought such good tidings and cheer to us. We thank you for treating us like` family` and La Sagrita as your `home` in Delhi. We can`t wait to have you back ! We pray for Mr. Hara`s speedy recovery and good health.

Warm Regards

Hemant Ahuja

Reviewed 23 September 2013

There has been a major uplift in all facilities at La Sagrita. The rooms are excellent; the bathrooms are fresh and utterly clean. Facilities are much better than a normal guest house. The staff are friendly and helpful. And the price is very reasonable. Well worth visiting.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Lasagrita, Owner at La Sagrita, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Dear guest,
We are delighted to learn that you had a pleasant and comfortable stay with us.

Thank you for not only your appreciation for our newly renovated Hotel and upgraded facilities, but also for taking out the time to write a nice review. Regards . Namita Mohindroo

Reviewed 22 September 2013

I recently stayed at the renovated la sagrita and I must say that it was a lovely experience. Warm staff, pretty ambience and excellent rooms that made it great to come back to you at the end of the day. I look forward to my next stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank RaghavIndiaPune

Reviewed 12 September 2013

My sister and I had a booking for Ahuja's Homestay - they upgraded us to La Sagrita. It was recently renovated and all of the facilities are top quality. Walking distance to the zoo, crafts museum, and the Purana Qila (an old fort/archaeology site). The neighborhood of Sundar Nagar is one of the nicest in Dehli, and has at least one superb restaurant. Before we arrived, they arranged a cooking class for me with an Indian celebrity chef, Nita Mehta.

It turns out that Dehli is a very backpacker-unfriendly location - we thought our trip was ruined when we realized how impossible it is to walk anywhere except the zoo/purana qila. But Ahuja, the owner, came to our rescue. He arranged a car with an excellent driver for us at a very, very modest price. He also helped us arranged train tickets - and after I was scammed out of my train tickets at the Dehli rail station, he arranged a car for us to drive to Agra at very modest price. (Don't show your tickets to ANYONE until you're on the train!) For my sister, he arranged a spa visit and haggled a steep discount out of the masseuse!

The location is excellent; all the facilities are excellent; most of the staff speaks excellent English; and by the end of the trip, Ahuja was like family. I would recommend it to anyone. Business traveller quality at backpacker prices.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Aaron S

Dear guest,

We feel truly gratified by your kind words of recommendation for our recently renovated property , its location, its service & staff. I am deeply touched that you acknowledged the `little things` that we were happy to do for you; but even made us feel like family. We all eagerly look forward to your next trip to us.

Hemant Ahuja ( Owner )

Reviewed 12 September 2013

The recently renovated La Sagrita, is a pleasant surprise to me. The rooms, the decor, the interior everything is a sheer delight to experience. It is so fabulous that I couldn't believe at first glance. I used to come here regularly before it started its renovation but the new look completely took me by surprise.
- The location of the hotel is so quiet and peaceful that one will love to stay for long.
- Now the rooms will give you the feeling to stay further.
- Staffs are always helpful, caring and accommodating. Thus service will always make you happy.

I will say, 'Don't stay in a 5-Star or 4-Star hotel, stay at La-Sagrita; you will cherish your home away from home'

Room Tip: I stayed at room no. 205 and love to stay here on my every visit.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear guest,

Appreciate your compliments for the new La Sagrita and assure you of our continued efforts to upgrade and offer good value to our guests. Thanks for taking the time to write a nice review on Trip Advisor. Namita Mohindroo.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

Recently stayed at la sagrita in New Delhi ..highly recommend it as the place is very tastefully done up & bathrooms are clean & brand new. We were offered breakfast in their newly opened coffee shop. Staff was friendly & helped us with our reservations for other travel etc. given the quiet & yet central location it's very well priced too! I will be back...

• Stayed: August 2013
Lasagrita, Manager at La Sagrita, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Dear Guest,

we feel gratified that you had a pleasant stay at La Sagrita and appreciated the new decor,of the recently upgraded accomodation & facilities. Your positive review is a source of great encouragement for Team La Sagrita. Thanks, for taking out the time to write a review.

Namita Mohindroo

Reviewed 6 September 2013

I have never before rated a hotel, but I was moved to do so by the overwhelming kindness my friend and I were shown at the La Sagrita.

First time travelers to India, my companion and I found ourselves exceedingly overwhelmed by the busy city of New Delhi. The staff of La Sagrita graciously took us under their wings and offered both advice and access to services such as a driver, reservations, negotiating prices, and suggestions of other cities to visit on our trip. After we checked out we found ourselves in the midst of a scam at the railway station, and unsure who to trust we returned to the hotel for guidance. Not only did they set up our new transportation, but they also returned us to the room we'd checked out of to rest while we waited, and provided us with a lovely breakfast in their beautiful garden. The owner, Mr. Ahuja, personally oversaw the new reservations, and even offered us a packed lunch on our departure. He is a man of true class and grace, and I am thankful for having met him.

Beyond all of that, the hotel is beautiful, clean, and safe. Totally renovated, beautiful, and constantly maintained. Never an item out of place the whole time we were there.

I would trust this hotel with my mother or my child. You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
It was a pleasure to have you with us at our newly renovated Boutique Hotel; and are gratified to read your review & learn that you not only enjoyed your stay with us, but also appreciated whatever little we could do to assist you. We look forward to your next visit and thank you for taking out the time to write a nice review.
Namita Mohindroo