“The best stay in Delhi!”
Review of La Sagrita

La Sagrita
Ranked #73 of 717 Hotels in New Delhi
palermo
“The best stay in Delhi!”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I discovered this place thanks to TripAdvisor reviews and, since I regularly visit Delhi for business, I planned to explore La Sagrita. The experience is extremely positive, the rooms are elegant and classy with an accurate touch of interior designer. The manager is a special host, able to meet all your requirements with a smiling face and a real friendly approach. I had the chance and the pleasure to meet the Landlady and I realized the source of such touch of class! What a great Lady! I came to know that her daughter, who I wish to meet with, was involved with the interior design and I offer my personal congratulations for her raffinate taste. I feel La Sagrita is my home away from home and, finally, I feel safe and comfortable in Delhi, even when I am traveling alone. I do not consider any other accommodation in Delhi since I had the opportunity to experience (several times) La Sagrita. I highly recommend La Sagrita for the great location, for the unique elegance and for the friendly approach of the manager and the staff too!! - Vita from Italy -

Room Tip: Let the manager suggest the best solution for you
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank puretu
Lasagrita, Owner at La Sagrita, responded to this review, 12 October 2013
Dear Guest,

We feel truly overwhelmed by your generous words of praise for me ( and my daughter`s skills as an Interior Decorator ) as well as the staff, location, rooms and services at La Sagrita. Your kind words will spur us to strive for similar praise from other guests as well. We too enjoyed having you with us and for the brief opportunity to interact with you. Looking forward to your next visit to your `home` in New Delhi.

( Mrs ) Nalini Ahuja

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Greek first
London
Reviewed 8 October 2013

This is an exceptionally stylish small hotel in a very good location - quiet but central - and an easy walk to the metro (which is a great way to travel around Delhi).
The food was plentiful and absolutely delicious and the welcome was warm - everyone was very helpful and nothing was too much trouble.
It's been completely renovated recently so that it feels like you're staying in a brand new hotel - the bed was very comfortable and everything is spotless and very modern. This is a boutique hotel that is a real find - at a surprisingly good price. I have no reservation in recommending it highly - I'l certainly be going back.

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms have super-high ceilings.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank arumscarum
Lasagrita, Owner at La Sagrita, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Dear Guest,

We are deeply gratified by your compliments and gracious words of appreciation for our newly renovated La Sagrita. Your praise both inspires and encourages our team to try even harder. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to your next visit. Warm regards, Hemant Ahuja ( owner )
India
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We have been staying at La Sagrita since 1997 and have never been disappointed. After the renovations we were thrilled to see the doors reopen. What a great job has been done to the building. Bathrooms clean and in great working order. Rooms large and bright with a European touch. Beds, oh-so comfortable. The Air conditioner worked very very well as did the wifi. All around a job well done on the building.

They now offer drivers and a choice of cars which makes going out easier than ever, plus of course the location of La Sagrita - the best in town.

It was wonderful to see the old staff again and they welcomed us with bright smiles. My husband is elderly and rested a lot and the staff would look on him periodically while I was out - it was like staying with family, only better!

Thanks to the Ahujas and staff at La Sagrita for everything during this past week - this is our home away from home and we will return on our next trip to Delhi.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Harafarms
Lasagrita, Owner at La Sagrita, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Dear Mrs. Valerie Hara,

We are absolutely over whelmed to read your gratifying review of the new La Sagrita. Believe me, it was our privilege to have you both back and you brought such good tidings and cheer to us. We thank you for treating us like` family` and La Sagrita as your `home` in Delhi. We can`t wait to have you back ! We pray for Mr. Hara`s speedy recovery and good health.

Warm Regards

Hemant Ahuja
New Delhi
Reviewed 23 September 2013

There has been a major uplift in all facilities at La Sagrita. The rooms are excellent; the bathrooms are fresh and utterly clean. Facilities are much better than a normal guest house. The staff are friendly and helpful. And the price is very reasonable. Well worth visiting.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Dear guest,
We are delighted to learn that you had a pleasant and comfortable stay with us.

Thank you for not only your appreciation for our newly renovated Hotel and upgraded facilities, but also for taking out the time to write a nice review. Regards . Namita Mohindroo
Pune, India
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I recently stayed at the renovated la sagrita and I must say that it was a lovely experience. Warm staff, pretty ambience and excellent rooms that made it great to come back to you at the end of the day. I look forward to my next stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank RaghavIndiaPune
Lasagrita, Owner at La Sagrita, responded to this review, 27 September 2013

Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 September 2013

My sister and I had a booking for Ahuja's Homestay - they upgraded us to La Sagrita. It was recently renovated and all of the facilities are top quality. Walking distance to the zoo, crafts museum, and the Purana Qila (an old fort/archaeology site). The neighborhood of Sundar Nagar is one of the nicest in Dehli, and has at least one superb restaurant. Before we arrived, they arranged a cooking class for me with an Indian celebrity chef, Nita Mehta.

It turns out that Dehli is a very backpacker-unfriendly location - we thought our trip was ruined when we realized how impossible it is to walk anywhere except the zoo/purana qila. But Ahuja, the owner, came to our rescue. He arranged a car with an excellent driver for us at a very, very modest price. He also helped us arranged train tickets - and after I was scammed out of my train tickets at the Dehli rail station, he arranged a car for us to drive to Agra at very modest price. (Don't show your tickets to ANYONE until you're on the train!) For my sister, he arranged a spa visit and haggled a steep discount out of the masseuse!

The location is excellent; all the facilities are excellent; most of the staff speaks excellent English; and by the end of the trip, Ahuja was like family. I would recommend it to anyone. Business traveller quality at backpacker prices.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Aaron S
Dear guest,

We feel truly gratified by your kind words of recommendation for our recently renovated property , its location, its service & staff. I am deeply touched that you acknowledged the `little things` that we were happy to do for you; but even made us feel like family. We all eagerly look forward to your next trip to us.

Hemant Ahuja ( Owner )
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 12 September 2013

The recently renovated La Sagrita, is a pleasant surprise to me. The rooms, the decor, the interior everything is a sheer delight to experience. It is so fabulous that I couldn't believe at first glance. I used to come here regularly before it started its renovation but the new look completely took me by surprise.
- The location of the hotel is so quiet and peaceful that one will love to stay for long.
- Now the rooms will give you the feeling to stay further.
- Staffs are always helpful, caring and accommodating. Thus service will always make you happy.

I will say, 'Don't stay in a 5-Star or 4-Star hotel, stay at La-Sagrita; you will cherish your home away from home'

Room Tip: I stayed at room no. 205 and love to stay here on my every visit.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear guest,

Appreciate your compliments for the new La Sagrita and assure you of our continued efforts to upgrade and offer good value to our guests. Thanks for taking the time to write a nice review on Trip Advisor. Namita Mohindroo.