“A great stay in Delhi”
Review of Grand Godwin Hotel

Grand Godwin Hotel
Ranked #45 of 728 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 9 June 2011

Hi sorry i meant to provide a review a long time ago. I stayed at the Grand Godwin (not the new one) for over a week i think all up during September and November 2010 while i visited northern India. On arriving in India i had a pre-trip booked hotel in Karol Barg which was not the best experience and so went looking for a hotel in or around Paharganj. Well luck was on my side when i found the Grand Godwin. The Hotel is walking distance to the New Delhi railway station and Connaught Place, great design with a cool glass elevator, the staff were all extremely friendly and helpful, on one occasion i was upgraded to what i would consider the best suite which i appreciated (thanks). The rooms were clean and the aircon worked well which given the weather was a relief. The restaurant on the roof was a nice place to sit eat and watch the kites or fireworks. I cant wait to get back to Delhi and i know where i'll be staying and recommending to friends in Australia.

Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank Pickled2

Reviewed 7 June 2011

This is definitely an ideal place to stay in central Delhi. it is situated at a walking distance to the main train station and the downtown area. We were backpacking and so we chose this hotel mainly because of its location being close to the train station . We also saw quite a few business travelers in the hotel. The hotel has 24 hrs security at the entrance and a bell boy who helped us with our luggage. The services we availed from the hotel were very efficiently provided at a reasonable price. The hotel runs a travel desk which was very helpful in arranging transportation to visit the city.
It is a clean and absolutely safe hotel to stay in specially if you are travelling with young children.

Room Tip: Back side rooms are quieter than front side ones.
2  Thank crackingthenuts
Reviewed 30 May 2011

We stayed in this Hotel in the first week of this month (beginning of our India Tour) for three nights. The first two nights we were in their Hotel Grand Godwin and the third night we were upgraded to their new Hotel Godwin Deluxe, adjoining Hotel Grand Godwin.
The rooms of Hotel Grand Godwin and definitely worth the price we paid, comfy beds, good shower and polite staff. The room price included complimentary buffet b/fast and pick up from the airport. We were not sure if it would work but it did even though our flight was little late and customs took bit long.
Talking about their new Hotel Godwin Deluxe, I would say it matches the standards of any five star hotel in India, It's just the street that is noisy and busy at all times. getting upgraded to Hotel Godwin Deluxe was a treat for us. The rooms have wooden flooring, big flat televisions touch panel switches for everything, rain shower and snazzy lobby.
They offer taxi service round the clock which is very convenient for people leaving for early morning trains .
The little issue was over their room service , we had to ask several times for fresh towels and toilet paper.
We shall be returning back to Delhi for our international flight and we have already made up our minds to stay in one of their two hotels.

Room Tip: Try the possibilities of getting up graded.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank CharlieIndia
peteraymond, General Manager at Grand Godwin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2011

Dear Charlie,
Thank you for putting your comments on tripadvisor and thank you for appreciating our services.
The little issue related to room service has been taken into our account with a commitment of providing best of service to you in your next visit.
The Godwin Family looks forward to your next stay with us.
With Regards
Peter
Hotel Grand Godwin
New Delhi

Reviewed 30 May 2011

I have stayed in this hotel quite a few times and every time I have got excellent value for money service. The rooms are neat and clean and ensure a relaxing environment after a days long work. The staff is helpful and courteous. The menu offered by restaurant, although limited, is homely and for a traveler ensures health safety.
Do give a try to this hotel in your next trip to Delhi.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank karnikmanoj
Reviewed 23 May 2011

I booked two rooms for my family of five with their complimentary pick up service from the train station which was a very good idea because we were met by some young chaps telling us that the Hotel was closed down and they could arrange a better accommodation for us at a good price. But, we kept in touch with their rep who guide us over phone and met us at the exit gate of the train station.
The hotel is situated in a busy area, but once we were in we found the hotel to be quiet from inside with the very effective air-conditioning in the lobby. We were given rooms next to each other with one extra bed . The beds are big and with very comfortable mattresses and new linen. We requested them to serve us breakfast in our rooms to which they happily agreed. The b/fast was full of variety of juices, porridge, boiled eggs, fruits , cornflakes etc...
The hotel has wi-fi internet that works fast and print outs can also be taken if required.
It is a perfect place to stay if you are looking for something near the train station and downtown area.

Room Tip: Check few rooms before taking one.
1  Thank PattyPatrick
Reviewed 23 May 2011

Frankly speaking, it was a disgusting experience. The washroom did not have a bucket/mug upon arrival. I was charged for a triple deluxe room but was only given a double bed. Incidentally, it was charged for 'No sight of bed'. Upon departure, I had given instructions to the front office to prepare the bill and was responded it will be ready after 10mins, but when I came to the lobby area after 30mins, the bill was not ready and it was said that there is some technical problems and the bill cannot be issued. I had to make the final payment even without having a bill in my hand. Dinner ordered at the restaurant came after 45mins, it was hellish waiting for the same. My son had already slept. Service is very instant for foreigners but Indians are looked down upon. Very racist hospitality. When asked for Taxi fare to Agra, each person at the front office and travel desk gave different figures. Smart card for the front door was not working and had to wait for almost for one hour to get it replaced but still had problems. Really very fishy and nasty experience.

1  Thank ajay_msingh

Dear Guest,
We feel sorry from the bottom of our hearts for not being able to stand upto your expectations.
The issue of not providing bucket / mug has been sorted out and from now onwards every bathroom is supplied with a bucket and mug.
Mentioning that you were charged for a triple room without providing an extra bed in the room is not compatible to the fact because the price quoted to you was for a double room with a minimum charge for a child sharing parent’s bed. From the situation we understand that there must have been some sort of misunderstanding regarding the service required, service provided and the price quoted. We shall still give this matter a serious consideration and make sure the service required is properly understood first and then the price is quoted.
We agree with the billing issue as there was a technical problem that arose at that time due which the bill could not be generated. We apologize for the same and are happy to courier your bill to your address if so required.
For the F & B part , from the records we have revealed that the order placed by you was mainly of chicken items which were to be cooked in clay oven and at the time of order placing the order delivery time was notified to you. We are hoteliers and do not believe in racism at all because if we do so it will become difficult for us to run this business.
Please take into your account that though you have not got upto the mark service from any of our departments we have taken your all the complaints as a challenge and would like to have you again as our guest so as to analyze the service difference and put your positive comments on tripadvisor .

With Warm Regards
Raymond Peter
Godwin Hotels
New Delhi

Reviewed 16 May 2011

I used this hotel on my two different visits in New Delhi and every time I found the services at par without any compromises. The hotel remains open 24 hrs which is a sign that they are aware and prepared to attend the guests arriving in the dead hours, not only that their all the departments operate round the clock. I did not know that they offered pick up service from the airport also until a couple arrived by the hotel taxi and were happy they availed it. I ordered some snacks item that night and the service was pretty quick and the items I ordered were fresh and of good quality. I did not get a sound sleep because of the street facing room and the jet leg after a long flight. But the hotel upgraded my room without any extra charges the next day and gave me a quieter room which was a bonus for me.
I saw quite a lot of overseas guests in this hotel that made me feel more comfortable. The hotel service is of high standards and so is the cleanliness. I saw their cleaners constantly cleaning the walls and floors.
I am sure to make this place my permanent address in Delhi as I will be travelling there more frequently.

Room Tip: Request for back side rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business