Grand Godwin Hotel
Hotel Maanvi(New Delhi)
Hotel Ajanta(New Delhi)
  • Breakfast included
1,279 results
All reviewsindian grillrooftop restauranttrain stationarakashan roadairport pickuptravel deskconnaught placerooms are cleannorthern indiamain bazaarhot watermini bartuk tukbudget hotelbuffet breakfastcoffee shoproom service is
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 November 2013

this is by far the best hotel i have ever stayed in delhi. although the location is in the heart for the bustling paharganj area, nevertheless with the double-window glass (i guess) you could hardly hear the honking once you shut the window. the staff is exceptionally friendly. in terms of the rooms,yes you get good quality, super clean, super nice and super super. the shower room is exceptionally fantastic. the size of the room is good for 2 persons.

Room Tip: if you have the intention to stay at this hotel, please remember to request for higher floor
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
GodwinNewDelhi, General Manager at Grand Godwin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear Guest, It was a pleasure having you stay with us at The Grand Godwin New Delhi on your recent visit. I take this opportunity to thank you for your time in evaluating our product and services. We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about our hotel, yes due to centrally located many guest preferred to stay with us which is our USP.We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

I reserved my hotel room from Europe less than 24 hours before I wanted to check in. Hotel management responded to my booking via email within ten minutes, and they arranged for a driver to wait for me at the airport despite my scheduled 1:30am arrival. My flight was 45 minutes late, but the driver waited patiently and took me straight to the hotel. Staff checked me in quickly and politely at 2:30am. In all, this was the type of itinerary that could have been a real hassle for getting to and checking into a hotel, but Godwin made sure everything operated smoothly.

The hotel room was immaculately clean, and the bathroom had an excellent shower, sink, and toilet. The location of the hotel was also excellent - it's a five minute walk from the central train station.

The management was a highlight. Mr. Amar was tremendously helpful in providing me with guidance on purchasing train tickets in India. He alerted me to common scams around the train station - scams that I indeed ran into, exactly as he had predicted - and he advised me on how to respond to them. He, and the rest of the staff, made me feel very welcome.

Finally, the restaurant is excellent, and, again, the service was great.

The only drawback is the street noise (mostly honking vehicles), which is not a fault of the hotel, but is something to be aware of if you want to stay in a central location.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your kind words with regards to your stay at Grand Godwin Hotel, New Delhi.
sir we have a team of professionals working 24*7 for the reservation department and we believe in quick response. sir thank you very much you like our restaurant and the staff there.
I have shared your positive comments with my team and we all look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel.

Please do let me know if I can be of any assistance at any time.

warm regards

GM

Reviewed 25 November 2013

My husband and I stayed 2 nights here in mid-November 2013. This was the most expensive accommodation we stayed at in India (2 weeks, 6 different hotels), but by far the most comfortable. The bed and pillows were very comfy, everything was very clean, and the bathroom had body wash and shampoo dispensers. The room was a little small, and was on the ground floor so there was a lot of street noise during the day, plus noise from the adjacent hotel utility room. However, at night, when it mattered, it was relatively quiet.
Reception were very helpful with directions and information, although we did have to wait over half an hour to check in, despite it being after the stated check-in time.
The location is within walking distance of the New Delhi Train station, metro and airport express, although it's not a very pleasant walk.
The rooftop restaurant was not worth bothering with. We had lunch there one day and had one of our most expensive meals and two of the most disappointingly bland dishes of our trip.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I had a very pleasent stay at the Hotel Grand Godwin. I stayed there for almost a week. Nice restaurant on the top floor. Nice clean room. A very functional hotel in many ways.
The staff was very helpful and friendly, and I had som great conversations with - amongst others - Naveen, Ravi and Gavtam from the reception. Definitely a recommendable hotel if you want a nice clean place to stay in Delhi.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
peteraymond, General Manager at Grand Godwin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Thank you for taking time to share your good moments at Grand godwin , We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Dear Guest i apologise that you waited for an hour to get in to your room as i would like to explain you that in the morning time many guest checkout and the rooms need to get cleaned. so i hope in your next visit you will have a smooth check in.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Restaurant at top is very good and friendly. Rooms clean and tidy. We stayed twice - once on way out and once on our way back. Very slow check out on both occasions and they could not work out minibar usage - overcharged initially (we were in a hurry to catch plane and just paid it) and while on way to airport called taxi driver to claim we had not paid at all. This may have been a scam by accomplices of the taxi driver - not sure.

Room Tip: 4th floor has good rooms
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
godwinhotels, Manager at Grand Godwin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Dear Guest Thank you for choosing to stay with the Grand Godwin New Delhi amongst many options available to you in New Delhi. We appreciate you taking the time to share your stay experience with us.
Dear Guest we are extremely sorry that your checkout was very slow we apologize for it.
as you mentioned that you are overcharged i would like to clarify that at the time of check out we present the room bill with all the details so there is no point of overcharging.

regards