“Comfortable and convenient”
Review of Grand Godwin Hotel

Grand Godwin Hotel
Ranked #51 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Hotel listed in guidebooks. Very comfortable and well-equipped bathrooms, prefer the higher floor in order to avoid noise. Not all have windows. It is a convenient and well located hotel for check in and out of India, and a short stop in Delhi. Near the railway station and the metro station New Delhi Station and the Metro Airport Express.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
GodwinNewDelhi, General Manager at Grand Godwin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review. we are happy to know that you liked the hotel a lot ,. We are pleased to know that you were happy with the facilities and services provided to you at our hotel .
looking to see you soon
GM

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel tried to cheat me by asking for parking charges for the cab I booked with them for travelling between airport and hotel. I had agreed to pay them 760 for the same. When I refused to pay they lamely agreed. The room they gave had non working switches.also shower was faulty. On the last day after checkout we kept our bags with the hotel for sometime and after coming home discovered that one newly bought top was missing. I urge people not to go for this hotel. I had paid them rs. 9500 for 3 nights.

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Rahul P
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Hotel is very good. Service are good. We have stayed 5D/6N. The room is very neat & clean. Totally Value for Money.

I have one suggestion , if the hotel management make for free pick up & drop from airport / Railway station will be very grateful to the all customers.

S. RAGHVAN./CHENNAI.
CUSTOMER.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the review. .We are glad you had a great stay at The Grand Godwin New Delhi. Dear sir we have free pickup and and drop off facility , but it depends what type of room category guest booked in.
looking to see you soon
GM

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Stayed in the hotel for 4 nights in April 2014 with my young family. Excellent service and value for money. Most of the staff members are very helpful and welcoming. Special mention to Mr Vijay in reception who always welcomed us with a cheerful smile and was more than happy to provide us with any sort of assistance. Always ensured we had a nice stay at the hotel. Restaurant staff were also extremely helpful. Restaurant manager, Mr Bhardwaj and his team came to our rescue and provided all required help when our 2 year old daughter suffered with an upset tummy. Won't hesitate to recommend!

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper floors are quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest Thanks for your Review and your comfortable stay with us your Review will be

Shared by all at Grand Godwin.

Thanks

Team Grand Godwin

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I was visiting Delhi and stayed at the Grand Godwin hotel, lobby seems nice and check in was ok, no window in the room !!
2 incidents that ruined my impression where:
The elevator was stuck for like 20 min and no one checked why even after I asked, then I was told it holds because they are cleaning it… I went by foot to the 4th floor and it was being fixed by a technician !
The second thing was I asked for a Taxi be ordered for me in the lobby, so in India each Hotel has its own "Taxi" cars.. I asked to go for a 10 km trip at 21:00 and they asked 700 rupee's, not that it's a lot of money but an hour ago I asked for a Taxi from them to take me to the airport that night at 3:00 am and the price was 800 rupee's ! I asked why ? no reasonable explanation, wanted to get a Taxi by phone so they said we can't order, you can go 10 min to the central station and get a cub from there, this is an answer of a reception in new Delhi "good" hotel !?!?!
I had to meet someone in ITC Maurya hotel that night, one of the best hotels in Delhi so the Taxi back charged 400 only…
Enjoy India 

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I booked online the Executive class of room.I requested for Railway Pick up instead of Airport and they did send a comfy sedan for Pick up. After entering, I told them I have booked executive class room.Before assigning me a room,I requested them I want to check the room which you should do here.
They were assigning me a standard room and they were telling me this is executive room.I told them this is not the one I checked online and later they were telling no other room is vacant. I was adamant I will not take that small room which they were telling as Executive room.Then they showed me another room which was big and beautiful,that was the executive class room.So point here is since you have already paid earlier they will try to assign you lower class room.So, if you are coming on ur own don't tell them you have booked online.First let them show the room and then tell you have booked online.

Food was excellent for the price. Continental dishes were awesome. Breakfast was good which was complimentary.

Rooms are very beautiful. Cosy bed and nicely decorated cushions. Rooms look really romantic and its big too provided you opt for Executive or Family suite.

My room was 401. It was very beautiful and comfortable.But the bathroom was small but it was very clean.

Room Tip: Ask them to show the room,otherwise they will try to give you standard room for the price of executi...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Good hotel to stay near Delhi Railway Station with tasty food provided by hotel restaurant 24 x 7 which is very helpful for late night check-in guest like me in Delhi. Room is clean and spacious. The hotel reception staffs are helpful and informative. The hotel located in narrow lane (Arakashan Road) which is crowded with other hotels. The are two Grand Godwin Hotel just beside each other in the same Arakashan Road. Smooth check-in if you have printed the booking receipts.

Room Tip: Get top floor room away from elevator.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo