“Great facility & great people”
Review of Hotel Rupam

Hotel Rupam
Ranked #135 of 779 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Great place to stay, staffs were extremely cordial, good security, good food, location was great too, had a long stay of 21 days in February 2014, whenever i visit Delhi would definitely be my first choice.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Anubratam
GurjitS55, Owner at Hotel Rupam, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

We are greatly delighted to have received such a generously appreciative review about your stay, shared on TripAdvisor. Such generous compliments from our guests go a long way thus encouraging us to work even harder and fare better to achieve excellence.

Our helping & attentive staff, our special attention to our guests with special needs, our clean and beautiful rooms, our delicious food and our prime location in the city that is conveniently connected through all modes of transport helps you relax and unwind in one of the most soothing ways.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

My wife and I had a wonderful stay in Delhi, thank you Mr. Manish for your great services and well appointed staff. Very hygienic, responds to individual requests, staff always serve you with an amazing smile. Food was ecstatic! Amazing roung the clock services! Top notch! I definitely recommend this hotel for ones visiting Delhi! We shall be back :)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Suman C

Reviewed 25 January 2014

I stayed for 3 days during the 3rd week of January 2014.Everything about this hotel is excellent. I booked it through an online site.From the first phone call i made to this hotel, it was very impressive.The food, stay, staff attitude and the way the managers take interests to address any issues is just exemplary. One of my friend staying in other hotel visited our room and was so impressed , he decided to book room in this hotel on his next visit. I would rate this hotel as excellent and would recommend it to my friends.I have already book this hotel again for my next visit in feb.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank dreldho

Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights in late December. Staff were very friendly, & extremely helpful, especially Mohan. Our luggage did not arrive from Aus for 36hrs, we were provided with all basic necessities & even given personal phone to make calls to airlines etc. Rooms outdated but clean, breakfast was very good. Less than 10minute walk to Karol Bagh station & great restaurants/bars nearby.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katrina P

Reviewed 1 January 2014

My 3 day stay in Rupam was delightful in every way. It started by being picked up by a hotel driver at the airport even though the flight was quite early in the morning. A professionally run hotel with the extra plus of friendliness and individual service. I highly recommennd Rupam for anyone visiting Delhi.

Room Tip: Discuss your preferences with the staff.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank ilgbit

Reviewed 28 December 2013

I can say this was one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. I stayed on my birthday and thanks to Manish for arranging a surprise cake for me :-) The food was good and not too expensive. Location is great too. Walkable distance from the metro station and Karol bagh market.

The support staff were fabulous and handled all our requests with a smile. Staff was friendly. Sleep quality was good, no disturbance/noise.

Would love to stay again whenever I get a chance to come to Delhi.

Room Tip: Ask for a good and quiet room :-)
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank sujit12321

Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Rupam for 2 days and on our final night before departing, contracted food poisoning.

I am writing this review because (and I will say this is a cautious way to avoid slander accusations) that "it is highly likely that I became unwell from the food that I consumed from the Rupam hotel restaurant", as this was the only food I had eaten all day. My husband was also sick, although fortunately not to the same level. Following consumption of the paneer tikka and masala papad, we started to feel unwell within 10 minutes. This later developed into severe diarrhoea, vomiting and muscle pain and resulted in a hospital admission. (The hotel staff were not able to organise a doctor to come to the hotel, despite our request).

It is unacceptable that a guest of a 3-4 star hotel in India should experience food poisoning. Perhaps one would expect it to be likely if we were consuming street food but we expect to be safe when in a hotel.

I contacted the Rupam hotel manager by email to inform him about our experience at the hotel and to make sure the ingredients that were used in making our meals were thrown away to stop other guests becoming unwell. I did not receive a reply to my email which I believe demonstrates a gross disregard for guest well-being and food safety matters.

Clearly, I would warn other potential travellers of the possible risk of staying in the Rupam hotel and recommend that you make other travel arrangements to avoid having the same horrible experience as we did.

• Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank Chb1801
Deepak2012, General Manager at Hotel Rupam, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2013

Dear Guest,
First of all, we really apologize about the incident happened and wishes you a good health. Regarding your complaint, we would like to explain that the food you have consumed in our hotel is well prepared with highest hygienic standards and after investigations we have found that few other guests had consumed the same dish from our kitchen and they have enjoyed their meal without any type of complaint. One of the guest is still staying in our hotel since then. The problem may be you must be allergic to any particular indian spice or any other ingredient.
You have asked for the doctor at around 2 A.M. and our manager asked you to go with a cab ready for you to take you to the hospital, but you were not ready to go with him, instead you have asked for some ginger or hot water or tea, but you were not ready to go to the hospital.
Also, in your review you have mentioned that you have eaten only Paneer Tikka & Masala Papad through out the day, it is also not acceptable that you have not eaten or drink any other thing the whole day. Also we have not received any mail before or after this review, as mentioned in your review. So, we request you, not to blame the hotel , if you are not sure about it.
Anyway, we wish you for a good health in future... take care...
Thanks