“Gem in Delhi”
Review of Maya's Nest

and 1 more site!
Maya's Nest
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Stayed at lots of different places in Delhi over the last bit. Managed to find this place for 2 nights before flying out. Location is great! Quiet neighbourhood within walking distance to malls, street markets, and metroline. Asha and Maya are some of the nicest people I have met traveling. After 4 months of traveling overseas, this is the first place where it felt like home.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank worldtravel90

Reviewed 31 March 2013

I had stayed at Maya's Nest for 1 night but it was one of the most comfortable home stays ever. My first experience with the hostess was from a pay phone from the IGI airport way too early in the morning(3 am) when her friendly welcome put me at ease. Even though it was in the wee hours of predawn the taxi driver had no problem in finding the place and in fact it was quite close to both the airports. The hostess Asha was waiting for me and I was very pleasantly surprised to find my room ready(even though I had informed them about my early check the previous night). The room was clean, cozy and very quiet with a spotlessly clean fully functional bathroom. The room and the bathroom were completely prepared and stocked and it was a perfect place to sleep off my travel fatigue. I woke up to birds, fresh air and lots of greenery(in the heart of DELHI). The home stay which is originally their flat was spotlessly clean, beautifully kept and very chic. Maya the owner's daughter is a wonderful artist and her work hangs all over the place much to the pride of her mother. Though it was nearly mid day when I woke up Asha graciously kept on refilling my coffee mug and made me fruit breakfast of my choice. The sheets, linen and towels were freshly laundered and there was even a toilet kit for the guest in the bathroom. I did not even have to bother with unnecessary mindless paper work as it was all taken care of by the management. I had spent a lovely evening with both Asha and Maya with some delicious tea, TV and conversation and found them both to be both very well traveled, wonderful and helpful people. Asha took care of my drop the next day and double checked that I had no hassles at all. I had no problem in finding auto rickshaws for transportation during the day time but get ready to bargain hard while returning in the evenings( bargain for anything and everything in Delhi)..The best way out of this headache is to book a radio taxi in advance/request Asha to help you out with the transportation. Its a 3 floors walk up so inform Asha before hand so that she can get some help in hauling big bags upstairs. Thank you for such a wonderful stay. You ladies ROCK...Will definitely come back to you.

Room Tip: Request for the room at the back which has a private balcony. Its airy, spacious and there are lots...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank svetlanabaghawan
Reviewed 25 March 2013

My husband and I had never travelled to India before so were quite wary about what accommodation to book for our first night. Having read all the positive comments about Maya's Nest, we decided to book a room at Asha and Maya's place. We are very pleased we did! It was absolutely spotless, and extremely quiet with hot water on demand. Despite our fairly late arrival, they cooked us a meal at our previously arranged request. It was very good and very good value. The breakfast was excellent and plentiful, including fresh fruit, eggs, porridge, toast, jam etc. The enormous bed was a bit hard for our taste, but on further journeys around India, it seems to us that this is the way Indian beds are!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Asha and her daughter Maya are by far the nicest people I have come across in my years of traveling! These ladies go out of their way to make you feel at home and with every bit of success. I arrived at the unforgiving hour of 3 am and when I woke up at 8 am, still groggy from jetlag and my flight, I was ushered to join them (with a delicious cup of warm tea) in the living room and watch the Oscars. I felt like I was with family, too good to be true!
The rooms are clean, (I only made use of the breakfast) and the breakfast was filling and delicious enough to let you get on with your day, without the incessant rumble in your stomach.
Maya is a wonderful artist and her work can be found hanging throughout the house and Asha is the most proud and wonderful mother to Maya.

I was in Delhi for a wedding and wanted a few traditional dresses to wear. Asha and Maya helped me with EVERYTHING. I don't think I would have been able to do it in the little time I had, had it not been for them. Asha advised on how to see as much of Delhi as I could in the little time I had, and it worked!

My next visit to Delhi will most definitely be met with another stay at Maya's Nest.

Thanks again ladies!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 March 2013

We were so happy to stay at Maya's Nest! Coming there was like beeing welcomed into a family home. The owners Asha and Maya are very friendly and helpful with organizing everything that has to do with sightseeing the city and everything else concerning your trip. It was a highly appreciated change from the 'normal' guest houses, to come to this place with the personal ambience, Maya's paintings on the walls, the home cooking and the evening conversations with the owners. The place is nicely decorated, clean and quiet, located in a neat suburbian area not far from the airport. There are malls close by and good connections to the city by bus and metro. Actually we really enjoyed the busride as it takes you through nice gardens and sights of Delhi. We felt really home and well taken care of at Maya's, so we came back to stay there on our return to Delhi, and we will stay there whenever visiting the citiy again. We can really recommend this place. It made our stay in Delhi very special.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 March 2013

This is my first trip to India. Good pick-up from airport ( really close by)
All the rooms were really clean and cosy.
Good( Indian) food provided 3 times a day plus snacks. Owners are nice, helpfull and speak very good English.
Gaya and Maya (owners) gave me all sort of travel tips, it helped me alot!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 4 March 2013

We enjoyed staying @ Maya's Nest again. Location is good near the airport and not far from city either. Only the metro station could be closer but you can take an auto rickshaw to metro station if walking few kilometers is a problem or take a bus which runs close by.

Good shopping malls near by.

Rooms are clean and hosts are helpfully if needing something.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple