“Wonderfully welcoming, friendly helpful home stay.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Maya's Nest

Maya's Nest
“Wonderfully welcoming, friendly helpful home stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

Being a female traveler traveling alone this was a perfect place to stay. Asha and her daughter Maya were perfect hosts. Asha was able to direct me into Old Delhi to see the spice markets and The Red Fort. I had a lovely day out. Found everything really easily using the bus, auto rickshaws, bicycle rickshaws and metro.
Asha advised me on what to see in Delhi and helped me with my onward travels to Varanasi by train.
I spent my evenings with them having home cooked food and good take away. I felt comfortable enough to watch TV with them and talk about current affairs of India, but also spent time in my cool room using the Internet relaxing.
They did a really great breakfast too. I loved my stay with them and hope to return one day.
The flat is quite a long way out of Delhi city, but by traveling by bus you get to see a lot more of the city and when you get back from your day out you will be pleased with the tranquility.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Chaville, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

We stayed twice at Maya's nest: before and after our tour in Rajasthan.Asha and Maya are very welcoming. Their home is very nice and very confortable. We learnt a lot of from discussing with them about the indian way of life and spirit ( it was our first time in India). I hope I could stay another time.

Room Tip: We only tried the family room, it was great. From the room we can see trees. It's quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

To be with Maya and Asha in Delhi has been fantastic. It is a very nice flat in a very good neighbourhood. They made me feel like in home with my family, they are really frendly and they are allways ready for helping their customers wathever they need. They explained to me what is the most interesting things that I could do in Delhi: Museums, monuments and special places. And of course they gave me all details for visiting Taj Majal in Agra. Thanks again for all and I hope see you again next summer. I will visit you with my own ricksaw. Best wishes.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

Excellent B&B with a a delightful twist. Me and my wife stayed and found that Asha and Maya are very accomodating. It felt very safe especially for females. Good locality and close to Delhi International Airport. Asha has years expirience in Tourism and can help with planning and arranging of travel and transport. The property is conviniently located and is short walk to shops, take aways and malls.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

Asha and maya gave me a taste of home in a clean, quiet space away from the hustle and bustle of Delhi :) they took great care of me, helped arrange travel, food - always amazing fresh fruits around and fed me too well for breakfast! The location was perfect for my stay- near anything I could need in walking distance from fruit/ veg markets, the mall, chemists, ATM etc.

This place is perfect for anyone looking for a clean, comfortable Home-like place to stay to stay in the hectic ness of Delhi.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

Maya's Nest was without a doubt the most well kept hostel/B&B/hotel that I stayed at in India. The owners, Asha and Maya, are incredibly helpful and are happy to help you book anything in Delhi or the surrounding cities (Jaipur, Agra). Asha has also had 30+ years of experience in Delhi tourism and is probably the most knowledgeable sources that I met while in India.

One drawback to staying here is that it is quite far away from the city center (Rajiv Chowk Metro). Auto rickshaw without traffic will take about 30-35 minutes and metro will take about 20-30. However, public transportation in Delhi is probably the best in India, though I would not recommend using the buses. The only reason why this review gets a 4/5 is that it was somewhat of a hassle getting downtown. Though, there are two large malls 5 minutes away by walking that offer any restaurants or resources that you need.

Asha (the owner) is extremely hospitable and is definitely someone you can trust to help you without thought for herself. Unfortunately, you will not find this mentality very often by locals, as most everyone will give you advice or help you in a way to benefit themselves. With her long standing experience in tourism, she was able to tell me the best ways to get around Delhi and the cheapest/easiest ways to see the sights. With any other guides or hostel owners that I met, I would always get recommendations on restaurants and shops that would earn them some form of commission if they sent travelers there. Asha did not do this in any way. While you stay with her, she takes you in with a certain motherly attitude which stems from her desire to look out for whats best for each of her guests. In Delhi, I could not have felt more at home than at Maya's Nest.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

My family and my in-laws had booked at Maya's Nest a couple of months back solely based on the reviews written by all. I wish to thank all of them for writing honestly and what was written was the truth. Just days before our journey, Maya was always available and contacting us regarding our schedule. What you can expect from Maya Nest is as follows:

She owns a flat where two rooms were provided to us. The rooms were spacious with attached toilet and air conditioned. If there are other rooms then there could be other guest in those rooms. There is a caretaker as well who will help you in getting you coffee or water as you wish. The place is quite safe and for the rent you pay, you also get breakfast for free. Although the menu for breakfast is limited. The second best thing was we were 4 Adults and one child of 11 years old and Maya agreed to let us stay in two rooms whereas in hotels we will be forced to take three rooms. Maya diligently also arranges your transport and also tells you how much you need to pay the driver so you do not have to worry about transportation. Overall we stayed for 4 days and we were well take care off. I strongly recommend others to stay at Maya's nest. The only minor issue is please advise her your arrival time as check in is at 12 noon. If your arrival is early please book one day in advance as the existing guest would have occupied the room.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family