“Nice Home!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Maya's Nest
Tokyo, Japan
“Nice Home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

Asha let us stayed there even though we've arrived very late.
It is easy access from Airport and located nice and quiet neighborhood.

Our room is cozy with one double bed and small balcony.
We had good sleep after long flight.

In our case, we had to leave early in the morning on the next day and it was quite short stay in Maya's nest. However, we enjoyed staying in Indian family.
Asha proposed a hotel in our next destination and it was really helpful.
I hope we can visit there soon and stay there longer next time.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Soccoro

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Plymouth, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

I have stayed here many times when I have been in Delhi. The first time was in 2007 when I went there with a friend not knowing what to expect. Maya's Nest had arranged us to be collected from the rail station as we missed our flight from London, and we went there by train from Amritsar rather than from New Delhi airport. This kind of service is rare to see in any country. Asha was a repository of knowledge about where to go, where to eat etc, for example she took us to unusual places to eat restaurant food, and they were just great. She used to work in travel industry and this made things easy for us to go to see The Taj Mahal by Taj Express at affordable price. The accommodation at the Nest, is spotlessly clean, hot and cold water showers,nice firm beds, and good size rooms, there are only 3 rooms here, A/C, washing cloths, eating real Punjabi breakfast/ or Europen is a real treat and one do not have to eat on their own the family of two may join you for a chat and one gains lots of information from Asha who is an educated lady and speaks very good English. There is no road noise here to trouble your sleep, the biggest shopping malls are a walking distance away, there is a weekly vegetable market worth visiting, you may buy many other goods as well here. When I went for my Himalayan walking holiday, Asha helped me to kit me out to get me the provisions. I have friends in Delhi but I stay with Asha and Maya's friendly nest as the welcome and facilities are real. She can also get you manicure, pedicure and massage at the home stay if you so wish. For me it is many stars comfort and warmth, and it is safe compared to any hotel. I will recommend this to any person. Many of my friends have gone and stayed here with good comments.
No Spa or Swimming pool

Room Tip: All the 3 rooms are good but select the 2 back bed rooms as the front get lot of sun so may be too h...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

Being a female traveler traveling alone this was a perfect place to stay. Asha and her daughter Maya were perfect hosts. Asha was able to direct me into Old Delhi to see the spice markets and The Red Fort. I had a lovely day out. Found everything really easily using the bus, auto rickshaws, bicycle rickshaws and metro.
Asha advised me on what to see in Delhi and helped me with my onward travels to Varanasi by train.
I spent my evenings with them having home cooked food and good take away. I felt comfortable enough to watch TV with them and talk about current affairs of India, but also spent time in my cool room using the Internet relaxing.
They did a really great breakfast too. I loved my stay with them and hope to return one day.
The flat is quite a long way out of Delhi city, but by traveling by bus you get to see a lot more of the city and when you get back from your day out you will be pleased with the tranquility.

• Stayed September 2013
Chaville, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

We stayed twice at Maya's nest: before and after our tour in Rajasthan.Asha and Maya are very welcoming. Their home is very nice and very confortable. We learnt a lot of from discussing with them about the indian way of life and spirit ( it was our first time in India). I hope I could stay another time.

Room Tip: We only tried the family room, it was great. From the room we can see trees. It's quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

To be with Maya and Asha in Delhi has been fantastic. It is a very nice flat in a very good neighbourhood. They made me feel like in home with my family, they are really frendly and they are allways ready for helping their customers wathever they need. They explained to me what is the most interesting things that I could do in Delhi: Museums, monuments and special places. And of course they gave me all details for visiting Taj Majal in Agra. Thanks again for all and I hope see you again next summer. I will visit you with my own ricksaw. Best wishes.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

Excellent B&B with a a delightful twist. Me and my wife stayed and found that Asha and Maya are very accomodating. It felt very safe especially for females. Good locality and close to Delhi International Airport. Asha has years expirience in Tourism and can help with planning and arranging of travel and transport. The property is conviniently located and is short walk to shops, take aways and malls.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

Asha and maya gave me a taste of home in a clean, quiet space away from the hustle and bustle of Delhi :) they took great care of me, helped arrange travel, food - always amazing fresh fruits around and fed me too well for breakfast! The location was perfect for my stay- near anything I could need in walking distance from fruit/ veg markets, the mall, chemists, ATM etc.

This place is perfect for anyone looking for a clean, comfortable Home-like place to stay to stay in the hectic ness of Delhi.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo