“home sweet home”

Maya's Nest
paris
“home sweet home”
Reviewed 8 April 2009

what a nice place to stay! Rooms are large and clean, help is generously provided whenever is needed. Miny and Asha made it very comfortable for my sister and my cousin to stay in this first-time discovered country! I wouldn't have hoped for a warner and more friendly welcoming! it's a bit far from the center of New Delhi, but the place is quiet and it really felt like home!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Braunschweig
Reviewed 23 March 2009

I can definitely recommend Maya's Nest to everyone who wants to feel at home in the South of Delhi!
I came to Delhi for a Voluntary Service with three other friends. We stayed in the Guesthouse for over three months. Asha and her daughter made me feel comfortable during the first days in this big city and helped me a lot. She told me about nice places to visit, about shops, bus numbers and much more. Her perfect English and her experiences with foreign people are very useful. Now as I have moved I miss Maya's excellent Indian food.
Overall, I am always happy to visit my old home and Asha and Maya again. Thank you so much!

• Stayed September 2008, travelled with friends
Tamil Nadu
Reviewed 16 March 2009

My Mom and I travelled to Delhi and wanted a secure clean place and also wanted to keep the costs low. We couldn't have asked for for anything better. Asha was very helpful in planning our trip around Delhi and Rajasthan. She is a wealth of information and the places she suggested for us to visit were perfect. This is a perfect place to get introduced to an Indian home stay away located in a residential area.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
Riyadh
Reviewed 9 March 2009

Me and my teen aged daughter stayed in Maya's Nest in two occassions altogether for more than a month. Without any reservation we can state that the place is " Home away from Home". Hospitality , care , cleanliness and above all security are the high lights. We would continue to stay there when ever we visit Delhi again.

• Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
Istanbul
Reviewed 27 February 2009

I just came back from Delhi and have stayed here with a recommendation of my friend.It is a superb place.Especially it is going to be more popular due to it is very close to the newest Mall in Delhi,DLF place is 1 minute far from here.The owners are very friendly and helpful.The room is clean.Everyday they change the bed linen and etc.If they have a small internet place that can be used by the guests,this place is better than 5 star hotel.In fact,they have internet but it is in the owners room and after 10 or 11 pm,you do not want to disturb them because they sleep there so you cant use their computer.But they have Wi fi if you have your own laptop.So great place to stay and I recommend to everyone.You wont regret!!Also the best Chinese restaurant in Delhi,Nanking, is on the left hand side of here which offers great meals to the guests.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
Odessa
Reviewed 23 February 2009

I stayed for one day and two nites and I have no doubt that It was the place I could not find better. Maya and Asha are very nice women. I enjoyed their company very much. If you are looking for opportunity to become a gest of indian family for couple of days this is the right place. They will help you organize your travel root and will help you with the car like they did in according to me.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled solo
Paris
Reviewed 24 December 2008

I spent a few excellent days at Asha and Maya's place, and it was a new experience for me in India, which I greaty appreciated. The room was clean, comfortable, and I loved the meals I got there. Asha is a warm, dedicated person, and I just miss the visit I was supposed to do in Old Delhi. Well, another time. I was a little busy. There were other young guests, whose company I enjoyed.

• Liked — The " strange "impression of being in somebody else's home. Didn't feel it was even a guesthouse
  • Disliked — It is far away from central Delhi. And the traffic is bad. The neighbourhood is quiet, though, but not much character.
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)