“Best Value, great accommodations and location”
Review of Maya's Nest

Maya's Nest
loomis ca
“Best Value, great accommodations and location”
Reviewed 9 December 2009

We returned a few weeks ago from a long journey that included New Delhi. We are seasoned travellers, this being our 4th trip to India and many trips to Asia. Finding decent, much less good accommodations at a reasonable price has always been a challenge until now.

We were thrilled to find Maya's Nest. Our stay there far exceeded our expectations. We stayed a total of 4 nights, two on the front end, then two before flying home.

This sweet guest house with 3 or 4 rooms is nicely situated near the airport, only a $3-5 taxi ride and 20 minutes away. Perfect for arrivals and departures. What we didnt know before staying there was how convenient it was to everything else. There is a modern shopping mall within walking distance (10 minute walk) or 50 cents tuk tuk ride away. If you are in the mood for western food, there is a huge selection ie: TGI Fridays, a food court with 20 plus selections and of course delicious Indian food as well.

5 minutes away is a wonderful park where you can run or just take a nice walk in a calm and peaceful environment. What a plus to get away from the craziness of the traffic of Delhi.

The guest house is very clean, spacious and tastfully furnished rooms with attached bath, delicious breakfasts, and two of the nicest people you would ever want to meet. Upon my return, I have told friends and family the best part of my visit to India was meeting Asha and her daughter Maya. They were so helpful, and so willing to share insights into their country and culture. They also have high speed internet, allowed me to use their mobile phone, and provided ideas on travelling in Rajasthan, shopping tips, restaurants etc.

This is far and away my favorite place I have ever stayed while travelling in Asia.

Kathy and Jim Kennedy
California, USA

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 13 October 2009

We arrived in Delhi with the late plane around 10pm, the prearranged pickup with Mayas Nest worked perfectly and we drove over directly without any issues.

However, expecting more of a "real" guest house or hostel (the place is on hostel.com as well) it is a plain flat in a building where one room was designated to house the guests.

The room itself is fine with a double bed, clean bathroom and clearly enough space.

In the morning we got nice simple breakfast and drove of to catch our plane from the domestic airport.

I would recommend this place most fro travelers that are on a stopover for another flight or need to stay close to the airport.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
paris
Reviewed 8 April 2009

what a nice place to stay! Rooms are large and clean, help is generously provided whenever is needed. Miny and Asha made it very comfortable for my sister and my cousin to stay in this first-time discovered country! I wouldn't have hoped for a warner and more friendly welcoming! it's a bit far from the center of New Delhi, but the place is quiet and it really felt like home!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends
Braunschweig
Reviewed 23 March 2009

I can definitely recommend Maya's Nest to everyone who wants to feel at home in the South of Delhi!
I came to Delhi for a Voluntary Service with three other friends. We stayed in the Guesthouse for over three months. Asha and her daughter made me feel comfortable during the first days in this big city and helped me a lot. She told me about nice places to visit, about shops, bus numbers and much more. Her perfect English and her experiences with foreign people are very useful. Now as I have moved I miss Maya's excellent Indian food.
Overall, I am always happy to visit my old home and Asha and Maya again. Thank you so much!

• Stayed September 2008, travelled with friends
Tamil Nadu
Reviewed 16 March 2009

My Mom and I travelled to Delhi and wanted a secure clean place and also wanted to keep the costs low. We couldn't have asked for for anything better. Asha was very helpful in planning our trip around Delhi and Rajasthan. She is a wealth of information and the places she suggested for us to visit were perfect. This is a perfect place to get introduced to an Indian home stay away located in a residential area.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
Riyadh
Reviewed 9 March 2009

Me and my teen aged daughter stayed in Maya's Nest in two occassions altogether for more than a month. Without any reservation we can state that the place is " Home away from Home". Hospitality , care , cleanliness and above all security are the high lights. We would continue to stay there when ever we visit Delhi again.

• Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
Istanbul
Reviewed 27 February 2009

I just came back from Delhi and have stayed here with a recommendation of my friend.It is a superb place.Especially it is going to be more popular due to it is very close to the newest Mall in Delhi,DLF place is 1 minute far from here.The owners are very friendly and helpful.The room is clean.Everyday they change the bed linen and etc.If they have a small internet place that can be used by the guests,this place is better than 5 star hotel.In fact,they have internet but it is in the owners room and after 10 or 11 pm,you do not want to disturb them because they sleep there so you cant use their computer.But they have Wi fi if you have your own laptop.So great place to stay and I recommend to everyone.You wont regret!!Also the best Chinese restaurant in Delhi,Nanking, is on the left hand side of here which offers great meals to the guests.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business