“Very good hospitality”

OYO 2902 Hotel Lal's Haveli
Ranked #117 of 779 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We had been when we visited Delhi in Oct 2012 for the 2nd Indian grand prix.
The hotel booking was done online and we got the rooms exactly matching to what we booked(Some hotels say rooms not available at present and provide different rooms).
The room service is very good. Food was decent.
The washrooms were clean and sanitized.
Hotel staff were very co-operative.
The only low point was the location. But we just needed a room to crash at night and to keep our luggage.
So overall it was a very good experience in this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 July 2013

The manager was very friendly, helpful and reasonable. I've got a nice room and the bed was comfortable. The view was not great but nothing in Pahar Ganj really is that grand. Clean bathroom, and appreciated the free newspaper. Food was okay

I was a bit taken aback by the need to tip again after years of being used to just paying the service tax included on the bill. The culture of tipping should really be phased out from the service industry in India, and service fee be simply included in the bill. Everybody demands baksheesh everywhere in India, from the hotel porter, waiter all the way up to the government babus and it's confusing when it becomes a bribe! I was a bit annoyed when not a few workers came out to ask for the tips after I checked out and had to pay people I didn't remember serving me!

Sorry to rant about tipping here, it's actually everywhere not just here - the hotel's a nice place.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
10  Thank RemaChhakchhuak
Reviewed 14 July 2013

You will be greeted by the longtime Manager Raman, a true icon in the hotel. He deserves a crown and has the best heart, the best ideas and is always helpful. But their is the entire staff also, they have all been with the generous owners, Mr Wason and son Amit Wason for many years. The quality of this simple yet stylish, clean and extremely friendly hotel in Pahar Ganj will be your home for the time of your stay in Delhi.
They have a restaurant on the roof, but you can also order for your room, nothing is impossible here, a real gem of a hotel at excellent rates.
The Ramkrishna Marg Metro station is a few paces away and prepaid taxi from airport is 370 rp.
Enjoy your holiday or working holiday here at Lal's Haveli.

Room Tip: all rooms are good
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
10  Thank Edelweiss_9
Reviewed 12 July 2013

This hotel has the potential to really, I stayed there for two days because I came here to work, staff quickly gave me the keys and went to freshen up, the room was small bathroom clean, fresh sheets, you will see that the service is old, I was very rested here My hometown fun

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
10  Thank oleczek1
Reviewed 2 June 2013

cool place, my room had a private bathroom and bed, I went to dinner at the city which is very close to the hotel, good service and clean, good communication, and is priced cheaply lying all I want, I'm happy with the stay, this hotel will surely often fell into , a good place for a day trip.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
20  Thank olek90
Reviewed 1 June 2013

My sister and I want to thank you for the great stay at your hotel!! The staff was really friendly and helpful and looked out of us in the big city of craziness (which we loved)! The street we were on was a real taste of the city! The rooms were clean, comfortable and the hotel was close to the metro which is easy to take anywhere in the city. We really felt like home at this place! A big Dhan' yavada to Mr. Roman, Govind, Vinod, Kishan, Pratal, Nawal,Raj and Manoj !!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
21  Thank erinkavanagh86
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I had stayed with my family at your hotel in March, 2013. I should say it was an excellent place at very moderate rate. My comparison would be with the hotel we stayed in Agra, where we paid the same amount but the services and the room itself wasn't that great. Your rooms were clean and tidy and the room boys needed to be heartily congratulated. I could see your men overwork, but they didn't express the normal frustration due to the same, which we would find in any service sector. I could not comment on the other services like TV or wifi as we did not use any of them. I should definitely mention the roof-top restaurant, we had real fun there. The accessibility to the local railway station is one added advantage. Overall we would prefer to stay there when ever we come back to Delhi and will recommend it to anybody who would have similar priorities.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family