“The best stay and the best service in Pahar Ganj”

OYO 2902 Hotel Lal's Haveli
Ranked #114 of 728 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 19 January 2014

At Lal Haveli's you will be greeted, by Raman at the Reception, he is the virtual king of this little haven in the middle of Delhi. You are at a stone's throw from New Delhi Metro Station, which is a direct link to the airport now for 150 rupees.
The hotel has spacious rooms, they are very clean and serviced to perfection by the long serving team that works so efficiently under the owners C and A Wason who hardly stop smiling.
Rooms have very competitive prices and food is available 24h/day, cooked by the best cook in the upstairs restaurant. It can be delivered to your room at no extra cost. Taxis and rickshaws available downstairs, check with Reception, you will get a better deal. Central Railway Station is also very near, as are all the major Delhi attractions.
Why would you go anywhere else? Stop right here, you won't be disappointed.
Mariana Amar

Room Tip: Reception will let you choose your room
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Edelweiss_9

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Visited this hotel from 10th-13th jan, the hotel staff is very well behaved. The room was exactly the same as shown in the pictures. It was my first stay in a hotel in New Delhi and must say I got more than I expected. They were ready to fulfill all our needs even sometimes at 2 in the night. Every time we returned back to hotel, it was clean, even the towels were changed each day. There are wifi and tv too in the room but we didn't have time to check them out. Overall it was an amazing experience.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 January 2014

As it is built along a busy road, you may find the hotel room noisy. Hot water, on the other hand, is always available in the bathroom. Another thing to concern is tilt of the floor. You might find yourself a little tipsy at the end of the day.

Room Tip: Rooms along the busy road (201, 301, ...) can be avoided. They simply can be very noisy.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2013

This hotel is just off D B Gupta Road (Trip Advisor's map is wrong as of writing)
It's at the budget end and cost me £13 a night. I stayed for 2. Can't really expect too much at this price, but all I wanted was 'clean & friendly' and that's what I got.

After being taken to my room, I was given a small toiletry pack - tooth brush, paste, comb (nice little touch). My room had basic facilities, TV, fan, desk & chair. Everything appeared clean. The mattress was probably a bit flat from overuse, but I slept fairly well. Wasn't keen on the 'telephone' shower - It needs nailing to the wall. There were also few power points but I managed for my camera and phone.

I opted to eat out during my stay but did have breakfast on the roof. No complaints there.

Staff were always smiling and helpful, a big plus for me because there's nothing worse than unapproachable staff.

Overall, I'd be happy to spend another few nights here on my next visit.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 November 2013

After a long tiring visit to numerous places, I checked in here about 3 in the morning on room 303 with my wife. The staff were very cooperative and the room was prepared when I reached. Very neat and clean rooms. Floor was carpeted. The hotel is located in the second street in a relatively hidden place but the rooms were amazing. Close to New Delhi Railway Station (NDLS). Has got a HDFC ATM just outside. Had a good time staying there.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2013

This small hotel offers a quiet reprieve from the chaos of Delhi and Pahar Ganj. The rooftop offers a small restaurant for breakfast and other meals and the food and beer were reasonably priced for a restaurant.

Pros
Clean
Well maintained
Excellent service
Good value--price quoted included everything, no surprises upon checking out.
No hassle after the initial discussion of tours (we had our own plans)
Good internet (wifi)
Walking distance to train station
Cons
A/C as only one speed and temperature
Red carpet on the floor. I am not certain why carpet is so popular in many hotels in Asia where cleaning and dirt are both issues. I prefer tiles which can be washed.

Overall, I felt safe in the area. The area has many hotels and places to eat. Also, it seems to be the home of many businesses who are selling home renovation/improvement products. The area is busy, hectic and noisy, but so it most of India. Lots of places to eat close by so no need to go far.

No issues with this hotel.

Room Tip: We had a room on the side which was relatively quiet. The room did have windows.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We had been when we visited Delhi in Oct 2012 for the 2nd Indian grand prix.
The hotel booking was done online and we got the rooms exactly matching to what we booked(Some hotels say rooms not available at present and provide different rooms).
The room service is very good. Food was decent.
The washrooms were clean and sanitized.
Hotel staff were very co-operative.
The only low point was the location. But we just needed a room to crash at night and to keep our luggage.
So overall it was a very good experience in this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family