OYO 2984 Hotel Sun City
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Cosmo(New Delhi)
Hotel Gulnar(New Delhi)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 February 2013

It is a hotel that looks very ordinary from the point you enter it. The staff stares at you. After you check-in in an extremely serious environment with no smiles and greeting which obviously makes you uncomfortable, you stay in a very basic room that has very old television set. Their bed sheets were stinking of phenol like smell. Instead of a duvet or a quilt they offer bed sheets wrapping up a basic old style blanket that irritates your skin and itches if it touches you.

In the morning we ordered a tea which was salty in taste and the tea pot was very dirty, had leakage and was not properly vacuum closed. Mostly in Indian hotels servers offer you to pour tea in your cup but at an unprofessional hotel where you are not offered such basic services, you yourself have to deal with their broken stinking tea pots. So while pouring the tea it leaked all over my white laptop and the bed sheet.

I called the room service guy to tell him that the tea tastes salty. The first thing he tells me is "you must have dipped a toast in it". Why would I dip a toast in my tea? Even if somebody does who is he to question. I told him to either get a new one or leave it if that is how their tea tastes. He got a new one, but in a tea pot of even worse fashion. It had dust and I got all bad feelings while drinking the tea.

The worst experience: I decided to stay for one more day in Delhi and asked the hotel guy for their rate for next day of stay since I had booked through cleartrip.com for INR 1330. The guy offered a room for INR 1600. So I booked the room again through cleartrip. Now, while checking out the reception guy told me that since I have spoiled a bed sheet and "since I got a cheaper room through cleartrip, I need to pay INR 320 extra." He was extremely rude, loud and screamed at me. I told him that instead of asking for money and fighting with me over your bed sheet, you should be apologetic since because of your poor quality tea pot, I spilled tea on my laptop. It could have also caused damage to me or my family since hot tea was getting leaked, and instead you are shouting on your customer and demanding money for a used bed sheet which can be washed. He repetitively mentioned his agony for booking through cleartrip and threatened me to snatch away my luggage if I won't pay. When I was surprised with his unprofessional, rude, goon-like attitude he also threatened me of calling police. This was it, I asked him to please call the police. He got scared and asked me to get out of his property. "Excuse me, I was checking out only and have no interest of coming back to your hotel where the owner/staff whoever he was treats a customer in this way".

I do not recommend this hotel. New Delhi has a lot of great hotels and they are known for their great hospitality. Guys any other hotel would do but not this one. I have been a frequent Delhi visitor - Hotel Sun City was my worst experience. Please don't promote their rowdy attitude by booking their hotel.

Room Tip: Please don't go there.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Isha M
Reviewed 2 February 2013

Very centrally located. Secure and comfortable. Offers value for money - excellent budget hotel. Provides instant logistic support and also miscellaneous support like getting stuff from the market. Exceptionally polite staff. Especially for solo female travelers, it offers one thing you need most - a secure stay!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
1  Thank Anita Y
Reviewed 28 January 2013

I am a manager working in a MNC firm and i keep travelling to different parts of the country as a part of my job. I knew about this hotel from one of my friend who was a CFO in a financial organization way back in 2011 January and from then I am a regular visitor to this hotel. Not only you will get a warm welcome from the front desk once you enter the room, from there you will never feel like a hotel with the good behavior of the staff, the hygienic and clean room with good quality food. The staffs in the hotel are very professional and you can book your room through mail, phone and even through a sms which gives me and my team immense flexibility from our busy schedule. Even though anyone can find many budget hotels in Karolbagh, but chances of getting good with better professional service is less. I would strongly recommend for Hotel SunCity from my more than 2 years of experience.

Room Tip: I personally prefer the second floor middle rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 January 2013

we stayed at the suncity in karol bagh in december 2012. Great budget hotel with very helpful and obliging staff, five minute walk from the shops and metro station, hot breakfast of aloo poori or paratha. Could not ask for more at that price

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank vinitatawakley
A TripAdvisor Member
Mumbai
Reviewed 15 January 2013

I stayed here for a day. Seems like well maintained budget hotel . The rooms are small, but hygienic. bed sheets were white and neat n clean. Washroom hygiene was good and acceptable. Breakfast was ready on time, morning 7oclock. it was well prepared.. options were parantha, corn flakes or bread butter jam toast. overall a good place to stay but slightly overpriced.. metro is near, but there are around ten hotels between metro and this hotel. so for the price and small rooms i will give it 3 stars.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo