“Nice Guesthouse with amazing German Bakery included”
Review of Ajay Guest House

and 1 more site!
Ajay Guest House
Ranked #476 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Hamburg, Germany
“Nice Guesthouse with amazing German Bakery included”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

We stayed at Ajay Guesthouse for a week and felt really well. Our room was clean and the beds were comfortable. The big Plus is the central location and the German Bakery which offers a lovely breakfast and other German food. You are also able to hang out with other travellers in the evening in the restaurant. The rooftop terrace must be nice when it is warmer.

The only minus was that I booked the room a month in advance and even called that we would arrive at 11pm. But when we came all rooms were occupied. The manager helped us to find a room in a really dirty hotel, where we stayed for only one night. After that we stayed in Ajay Guesthouse and really enjoyed the stay. But it should be normal to keep a room that is booked in advance free.

Room Tip: We stayed on third floor and had a nice room
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank M K
vijay430, General Manager at Ajay Guest House, responded to this review, 23 March 2016

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay at Our Property and for taking out time for such a authentic review.
We strive to customize the experience of each guests and are delighted that our efforts made your stay memorable.

Vijay Tiwari

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Korean first
Derry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Nice clean comfortable room although the staff slept outside our door at night (avoid room 201 if you want more privacy). Nice restaurant/bakery, and good atmosphere, good Wi-fi although not free for guests, a 24 hour pass is cheap. For the price, it was comfortable and quiet; not always easy to find in Delhi! Nice hot shower, TV if you need it too.

Room Tip: Avoid room 201, staff sleep outside this door
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank _CFT000_

Haarlem, The Netherlands
Reviewed 13 February 2014

The Ajay is not rock bottom cheap, but the rooms are clean and rather new. The bedding was a lot older than the room however. The staff is helpfull, but a little distant. And the restaurant a bit chaotisch. However the Bread from the German bakery is good. And the restaurant Area has it's charm.

Room Tip: Ask for a New ( redone) room
1 Thank the0m0lenaar
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to provide us with your feedback.

As we always strive to meet and hopefully exceed the expectations of our guest, Our Team is keen to receive feedback from our guests so we have been prompt with sharing the contents of your survey with all departments.

However, we are saddened that you were dissatisfied with your stay.
We do hope that you will allow us another opportunity to welcome you and we would be happy to oversee your reservation to ensure you get a room that does exceed your expectations.
We have frequent return guests, thus I assure you that we will make your stay a memorable one.

Best regards,
Aichach, Germany
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I stayed in the Ajay Guest House for 3 nights. It was a great experience. Also be sure to checkout the roof, which is very nice. Another great pro is the restaurant which is included in the guest house. Great food for a good price. People are very nice.
One con was, that my room had no windows at all, but beside that it's a great guest house.

1 Thank MichaelHirn

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Have stayed in Ajay Guesthouse repeatedly because it is located in a small side street and reasonably quiet.In particular I like the restaurant but the owner and manager of restaurant are different from hotel.
However on the last three visits I have found cat bowels voidance in the rooms on fourth floor.The bedsheets may be fresh but are always stained and the towels are greyish even though they may have been washed.The warm winter blankets seem to have not been washed for years.
The owner has made efforts recently to refurbish some rooms...those without windows.But the effect is nullified by the lack of cleanliness of sheets and blankets.On two ocassions I have been directed to a room where the hot water boiler has been malfunctioning for over a year.Hast repairs last never longer than a few hours and the thing needs to be replaced.
Therefor while there is an visible effort by the owner the lack of management and attention to detail makes this hotel one of the biggest disappointments in the Main Market.
The recent arrogance at the reception has made me leave this hotel forever and there is no way I can recommend it to anyone.Stay away from that place but use the restaurant for its excellent choice of food and bakeries.

2 Thank Eribel2013
Dear Guest,

I thank you for sparing your valuable time to post a review of us on TripAdvisor.

please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience caused during your stay.
It is feedback from esteemed guests like you that helps us to constantly introspect our systems and procedures and assists us in striving for a better product and service.
We have taken up with the concerned departments and corrective action have been taken.

Regards

Travellers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Loved my stay here so much I came back a second time. Rooms are clean and tidy, and the food is excellent. Try the chicken schnitzel! It's only 10 mins walk from the station and well signed. They also have a rooftop to relax on away from the crowds.

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 25 September 2013

While the rooms and the hotel in general may be nice - it is something that neither me nor my friends have had a chance to experience - i am extremely appalled at the terribly discriminatory attitude of the hotel management. For the last many days when i have gone personally the hotel to book a room for Artist friends (husband and wife) from Bangladesh who are due to arrive in this country soon but each time i have been asked to come back after a few days. While i thought that was odd because i was ready to pay the advance i didn't think it had anything to do with my being Indian.

Today when i tried to book the rooms online, i saw that the rooms are available for the next one month and that it was possible for me to book a room. I called to enquire about payment through debit and spoke to Mr Om Prakash (not sure if it is the right name as he told me his name hesitatingly) who on getting to know that I was Indian and that I lived in Delhi itself started to evade answering my enquiries regarding the payment method. On being told that my friends were from Bangladesh he immediately said that there were no rooms available and didn't want to talk to me anymore.

While this sort of discrimination is something that I have had to experience myself in many cities in India in places that have been recommended by travel sources like the Lonely Planet and Tripadvisor presumably based on the feedback of western travelers, It is extremely embarrassing for me that my artist friends from my neighbouring country have been judged solely on the basis of their nationality and not on whether they're adhering to the rules of the hotel or not. And given the manner of reaction from Mr Om Prakash (or whoever it was really speaking on the other line of the phone communication) i am sure that this sort of discrimination against Indians and other smaller countries from around our region is something that they're used to.

i also realise that most of the people reading this review would perhaps be from countries in our West or the Far East and will probably never experience this sort of behaviour from this hotel management or another but given the highly discriminatory environment that exists in our country (and in the world in general), it is extremely important for me to put this out there for everyone to know about this guest house because for many years we people have kept a bit too silent about such things that are seemingly not too big a deal.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple